Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:07:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnson: please go back to the office to save Pret A Manger

Started by George Oscar Bluth II, July 16, 2020, 06:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 18, 2020, 01:29:03 PM
I really wanna freeze the shit out of all that and live off sarnies for the next few months. I bet they're tasty af too.

2 quid 10 pence for 3 meals a day for a week, treat yourself to a penguin or two and you could be looking at 4 quid max per week.

seepage

Quote from: badaids on July 18, 2020, 01:09:23 PM
Why is veal 3p cheaper than chicken yo?

Supply & demand - chicken 'n' sala most popular flavour

No prawn mayo - maybe it would go off too quick

earl_sleek

I'm tempted to try a sandwich only diet. I reckon I could even increase the amount of veg I eat, while reducing my sugar intake massively and keeping other carbs and fibre at around the same levels.

Sebastian Cobb

I've got a theory that the joy of any excellent fancy sandwich can be replaced or surpassed by having several basic cheese and red onion sandwiches instead. Dave Gorman could probably come up with a bullshit mathematical formula to explain it.

I remember reading an article about an MP who lived on a diet of Cheese and Tomato pizza. I think I could easily do a week eating the same food. For sandwiches, it would be tuna mayo.

Sebastian Cobb

It wouldn't be particularly surprising to find Eric Pickles or John Prescott lived more-or-less exclusively on a 'beige and chips' diet.

seepage

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 18, 2020, 06:20:38 PM
I've got a theory that the joy of any excellent fancy sandwich can be replaced or surpassed by having several basic cheese and red onion sandwiches instead. Dave Gorman could probably come up with a bullshit mathematical formula to explain it.

agreed, certainly the Co-Op's cheese & red onion is the strongest in their line up. Do like a prawn mayo though.