Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,350
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:47:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bottom/Scared My Mother Is A CaBer

Started by Dewt, July 16, 2020, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 17, 2020, 06:59:15 PM
Not Going Out is good, solid family fare, jokes coming thick and fast. I expect Lee Mack reminds them of Eric Morecambe. They may also remember Abigail Cruttenden ( Jah Wobble Features' Missus in the show) from when she was a youngster on top Peter Tinniswood- scripted comedy series Mog,which they may also have been fans of.

And Sally Bretton is really rather pleasant.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Jake Thingray on July 18, 2020, 05:15:29 PM

Poss. not the reason Brundo's mum and dad enjoy it, though.

Also, Mog was actually written by Bob Edmonds and John Larbey, but based on Peter Tinniswood's book. Apologies for any confusion caused by this misunderstanding.

Quote from: Jake Thingray on July 18, 2020, 05:15:29 PM

Not so much with the short hair.

Clownbaby

My mam and me basically have the same sense of humour and she showed me a lot of the stuff I love. League Of Gentlemen specifically. Not a single day we don't reference it in some way. The only thing I've showed her that she didn't really gel with was The Eric Andre Show. Not sure why

She vaguely remembers bits of Brass Eye and The Day Today  from when they were first on but never really bothered with them. I know my mam and I know the intense repeating transition animations (which I love) in Brass Eye would be annoying and she'd probably say ''fuck off'' so I haven't bothered whacking it on