Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:33:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Massive queue outside chippy

Started by pancreas, July 17, 2020, 06:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Shocking scenes, Vanessa.

What should I order?

shiftwork2

Are you Catholic?  It's Friday!  Has to be a Pukka Pie.

Emma Raducanu

I always get a sausage for the way home and something random for the next morning, like a fishcake.

Sebastian Cobb

Jumbo sausage supper with a king rib single when i'm 'ere.

DrGreggles

Curry Friday; Chippy Wednesday.

Think on.

shiftwork2

Quote from: DolphinFace on July 17, 2020, 06:56:22 PM
I always get a sausage for the way home and something random for the next morning, like a fishcake.

I like this thinking.  Where do you store your surprise item is it under your pillow or in your sock drawer?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

A scallop, or whatever you call them in your hood.

Klondikes round these parts (if you're talking about battered sliced potato).

pancreas

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 17, 2020, 07:08:47 PM
A scallop, or whatever you call them in your hood.

Coquilles St Jacques, depending on the restaurant.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

There you go then. Get a Coquilles St Jacques, a pickled egg and a can of Tizer.

chveik

ollyboro

Steal the charity box and fuck off to the nearest Indian. Then order yourself a decent takeaway and sup on a five quid pint whilst you wait for your paper bag of heaven to appear.

Pijlstaart

Hope you have whatever you like most. Is it Fish n' chips? I last went out for a Fish n' chips on Halloween 2019 and I had rock, you don't see that so much but it used to be cheaper and we'd always look forward to it and it was just how I remembered it. The chip shop door wouldn't close properly and the wind kept blowing it open, and I said, you watch that door cos all those kids out there will have your chips if you let them, and they didn't but they would of done.

The Mollusk

Ah mate fishcake from the chippy? That is random as fuck, fair play you absolute mad lad!

Dewt

Does anybody else like saveloys? I know they're nasty little things but also they are red sausages that taste of sage and white pepper, the best spices

Wonderful Butternut

Do a Healy-Rae and punch your way past a few people claiming you own the town and everything in it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dewt on July 17, 2020, 08:41:30 PM
Does anybody else like saveloys? I know they're nasty little things but also they are red sausages that taste of sage and white pepper, the best spices

Don't get them in Scotland. Some chippys have a 'red pudding' which is only red on the outside and made of the worst sausage ever on the inside. Way worse than the lips and arseholes that go into battered sausages.

Dewt

I honestly thought saveloys were UK universal

How sad

Dewt

North Essex coast had absolutely incredible chippies. I've been to a fair whack of places in the world and there is not much that rivals one of those chippies

Wonderful Butternut

Actually that's one aspect of living in Cork that I miss. Quality chippers in the form of Zico's & Lennox's.

The one where I am now is okay, but not the same level.

Twonty Gostelow

All those weeks of lockdown they had to empty the fryers and give them a proper clean. But they didn't bother.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on July 17, 2020, 08:56:26 PM
All those weeks of lockdown they had to empty the fryers and give them a proper clean. But they didn't bother.

Those fryers are like whiskey casks, their past lives impart flavour into their present brews.

Twit 2

Jasha

Fishcakes for the under 5's before graduating to sausage in batter

Twit 2

Dr Rock

Massive queue around chippy,
two girls push in,
feelin lippy

Oi, ladies I shout, respect the queue
We were here first, this fella too
But the line goes quiet,
No chance of a riot,
I just let it go, all I want is some grub
To eat on the way home from the pub,

Old up, I spy, some geezers are gaining,
Are they like me, stepping up cos its raining,
Or was it my shout that's gave em an out
To shove me chips all about and red sauce from me snout

Twit 2

Crime scene saveloy in my mouth-cunt.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 17, 2020, 09:27:45 PM
Massive queue around chippy,
two girls push in,
feelin lippy

Oi, ladies I shout, respect the queue
We were here first, this fella too
But the line goes quiet,
No chance of a riot,
I just let it go, all I want is some grub
To eat on the way home from the pub,

Old up, I spy, some geezers are gaining,
Are they like me, stepping up cos its raining,
Or was it my shout that's gave em an out
To shove me chips all about and red sauce from me snout

And I'm down in the tube station at midnight

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Tomorrow is cheat day. Thinking of taking the dog to the beach in the evening and stopping for a burger for me and a few sausages for him on the way home.