Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:37:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghosts of Tsushima

Started by Bazooka, July 17, 2020, 11:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Last PS4 exclusive, pretty good so far but I've only just started so not into the meat of the world.  Combat offers a decent challenge, the walking movement when moving in combat stance is a little awkward in places, but generally it's fine. I still haven't played Infamous: Second Son, grabbed it really cheap on a psn sale and it's sitting on a hard drive, but I did play the PS3 Infamous games which were fun nough, nothing mind? blowing.

Dewt

I hate the cover art, it looks like a Rainbow Six game.

I looked at a video though and to me this is what a beautiful 3D game is. Convincing, atmospheric environments. I watched some gameplay just after I had happened to light some lovely Shoyeido incense and it was very calming.

Dewt

Bazooka

Ha it does indeed have a Rainbow 6 cover, yup PS4 and Master System only.

magval

I'm not allowing myself to play this until I start Red Dead 2, which I've had on my hard drive since the day it came out.

Sorely tempted though. I really liked the PS3 Infamous titles and loved Second Son, which has become my go-to 'you have to try this game' title on the console.

Timothy

I pre-ordered it months ago because I loved the Infamous and Sly Cooper series and loved the setting of this game.

Played it for a few hours yesterday. Kind of regretting this as a day one purchase. It has quite a lot of bugs. Sound glitching, patches not installing properly, apparently there's a save bug (hope I don't encounter that), framedrops, pop in. And don't get me started on the camera. Since there is no lock on enemy option and you mostly fight a lot of men at the same time you have to manually adjust the camera. The times I died because an enemy that was offscreen killed me.... quite annoying!

The game is basically Assassins Creed: Japan. Follow the wind that leads you to missions, fight Mongols and bandits, clear out camps, get new gear. Follow a fox to a statue that gives you more health. Follow a bird to a random place because the birds are bugged or blind. The story is a bit boring and all sidequests are the same (go there, kill people, go back). The game constantly complains about the choices you make but you don't have any say over them.

So far a 6/10 for me. If you're on the fence: Buy it when it's on sale and patched.

Dewt

Quote from: Timothy on July 18, 2020, 08:49:17 AM
Played it for a few hours yesterday. Kind of regretting this as a day one purchase. It has quite a lot of bugs. Sound glitching, patches not installing properly, apparently there's a save bug (hope I don't encounter that), framedrops, pop in. And don't get me started on the camera. Since there is no lock on enemy option and you mostly fight a lot of men at the same time you have to manually adjust the camera. The times I died because an enemy that was offscreen killed me.... quite annoying!
Christ, on a cracker console?

Chedney Honks

Coming off the pretty exhausting TLOU2, I expect and want nothing more than some atmospheric romping through pretty scenery. I've never played a Sucker Punch game for more than five minutes and so I have no expectations of the devs. My understanding was flashy, technically sound games, but quite generic. On that note, AC: Odyssey was a pretty big hit with me despite doing nothing especially new and having a lot of the usual Ubi tropes (gathering twigs, big map, culture of sexual violence); it was just a satisfying package which maintained a healthy trickle of lush environments, enjoyable traversal on land, sea and air and good enough combat. No dopamine fountain but a cheerful babbling brook of simple pleasures.

This seems to be roughly that, so far. I've not encountered any bugs but I've only played for a couple of hours. The 'lack' of hard lock-on is no big deal for me having played a shit load of Monster Hunter, Bayonetta and Souls (you reach a point of familiarity where lock on is restrictive) and I actually like the soft camera lock. I'm tending to use the camera to get a view of the whole mob and then cutting between them by pointing in the direction of each enemy. It feels satisfying because you can cut them down with one well-timed strike. I can see that taking some time to get used to if you're used to Z-targeting/over the shoulder view in third person games. I'd recommend trying what I described, though. It also looks more spectacular and 'cinematic' this way.

As soon as I saw the trailer where the character was on horseback and collected '4 IRON' from a flashing object, my expectations were aligned. It ain't BotW hands-off exploration, nor is it Sekiro intensity of combat, but if it's Samurai AC: Odyssey, I'm up for that.

Chedney Honks

Very pleasantly surprised by this. The story is pretty po-faced but I'm enjoying the sincerity of it, to be honest. The main dude isn't walking round talking to himself or cracking gags or being snarky at every opportunity like many open world/third person action games these days. That in itself is refreshing. The story isn't especially interesting so far and I don't think it will be but it sets a tone for everything in between the cinematics. There's a tranquility and focus. You pay attention to the world. That's a real strength in this type of game, and it's something I've not felt very much in the genre since BotW. Now, I'm not attempting to cast them in the same light but compared to Days Gone, which has been talked up quite a bit of late, this is on another level as an open world experience. You're never following a mini map, you don't feel restricted by the environments, there's a lot of variety and beauty, you can 'follow your nose'. It feels good to roam.

Combat is also the best I've seen in a game like this. It's incomparable to any other open world game. I'm not a fan of skill trees but everything you unlock here feels purposeful so far. A very good game, albeit not a very original one.

Timothy

Played for a few more hours. Finished chapter one. It's definitely a very relaxing experience. And now that I got more skills and more combat options open up the fighting is getting fun. It's a bit like the Batman games (which I enjoyed a lot) but with more possibilities.

I have to admit that I'm just following the minimap. I put a waypoint down and follow the wind to the waypoint like how I follow the yellow line in GTA. I also use fast travel a lot.
Sometimes I get distracted by a bird or a fox or a sidequest but mostly I'm just doing missions.

Chedney: Do you know how to disable the hints? I still get the push triangle or the you have to use another fighting stance tips, where the screen just freezes and I have to do what the game tells me to do. Is there a way to shut this off? Can't seem to find any info about it.

Chedney Honks

I can't find anything to turn off tutorials, no. Does it happen after the first time you unlock something new? It doesn't seem particularly intrusive so far but I appreciate it would be handy to turn them off completely.

I think the wind is quite a neat subtle guide compared to following a line on the mini map. I've completely abandoned the missions and just stumbling upon things which I'm really enjoying. I like the audio cues with birds, foxes, crickets et al, as well as smoke, fire, etc. There are actually a lot of environmental details to nudge you this way and that. If you want to mainline it, I totally understand, that's the only way I got into HZD, TW3 and RDR2 among others but this is one where it feels like you will discover a lot by simply immersing yourself in the environment. That's probably one of its biggest strengths for me.

Combat is also getting better and better. I'm finding it relatively tough when I try to play hack and slash, but with a bit of patience and focus on perfect parries, you start to feel like this:

TrenterPercenter

Just started this.  Background is gorgeous and loving the samurai vibe thing being a Kurosawa fan already.  However there are obvious flaws with the mechanics,especially the camera when fighting groups.

This is fine for me I will just grind it out but it just goes to show how the hyper-critical view of TLOU2 because of its subject matter, was so shallow and ridiculous.  Seeing lots of praise for GOT yet its flaws are gapingly obvious and basic (you really should always be facing the person you are trying to have a sword fight with).

Still I think it is a great game and it will do me proud for the next month.

Chedney Honks

The camera isn't a flaw, though, it's a deliberate choice. If you play Monster Hunter, Bayonetta or a lot of other character action games, the Ocarina-style Z-targeting isn't the default at all. I haven't played them but I gather the Batman/Mad Max games are similar. Even with Souls (as I said above) the lock-on is more of a stabiliser/armband type assist but once you get used to playing without, you're actually more effective and have more freedom. For PvP, for example, if you play locked on, you're dead.

The idea is that you use the camera to survey the mob and attack and defend from multiple angles. If you locked on individually, you'd constantly get killed from off screen because of how the encounters play out. It's very rare thats you kite one or two enemies away. Once they're alerted, you're getting rushed and flanked. You need a free camera to deal with the multiple threats.

The game doesn't communicate this very well and I can totally understand that it's jarring depending on your experiences/preferences, but try to approach with the mindset that you'll be attacking left then parrying right then dodging from straight ahead, then blocking left and guard breaking right, etc. You won't be taking them down one at a time, and if you try to, it will be quite laboured.

Harpo Speaks

Nobody Soup

The combat is brilliant, when it feels like it's working properly, which admittedly it doesn't consistently, it gets a great balance of being both challenging and making you feel bad ass, it can be intense but well paced enough so you don't get overwhelmed. It's just really good.

I'm actually kinda disappointed in the world they've built though, feels very gamey, doing repetitive missions, follow tracks, hit way points, interact here and there. RDR2 it aint. The NPCs do virtually nothing, if you find a big house and there are people inside, you can go in steal all their stuff, kick their doors down and no one even acts like your there. There was a big burnt up village and people were just pottering about with nothing to say, they just feel like they're part of scenery. there's lots of stuff all over the place, burning carts, dead bodies, people hanging from trees, but investigating it goes nowhere. very few things in world can be knocked over or broken or even damaged, just doors I think (though there is lots of fun ways you can move about spaces, squeeze through fences and crawl under stuff). The first map is also totally massive and yet all kinda the same, why is there all this forest, is there anything fun about forest in the game? you can't hide in it, you can't climb trees.

Enjoying the second island a lot more though, actually works better graphically too.

Was this rushed in anyway? Just stuff like cut scenes just going black instead of showing an animated scene, some of the animations (the grapple hook looks so bad I feel like if they hadn't made it necessary in one or two of the missions it would have been better left out, you press it and Jin just convulses and seems to be holding it), the overall lack of detailed touches and care in the world just feels a bit like "fuck it, we are obligated to get this out on PS4 and we can't make you work all-nighters for a year anymore.".

I'm liking it in the way I liked AC:Black Flag, a game I enjoyed but given it was another AC game wasn't exactly blowing me away. Really pretty, the repeatable stuff the game is built round is essentially super fun (the combat), I wanted a game set in ancient Japan too so that's just automatically ineresting, but in the shadow of open worlds like RDR2 it's not anything more than just a bit of fun.

Chedney Honks

It's not rushed, they just wanted to make a different game from the one you have in your head. It is gamey, in the same way that BotW is gamey, or that Assassin's Creed is gamey. Its cinematic ambitions are fundamentally visual, not narrative. It's a refined traditional open world game.

I loved the story, characters and world of RDR2 but the gameplay is simplistic, laboured and sluggish in pursuit of 'realism'. I'm very happy to play something snappier, more in line with the character action genre, albeit with a stunning open world map, but I knew what the game was from trailers and pre-release footage.

Timothy

QuoteI'm actually kinda disappointed in the world they've built though, feels very gamey, doing repetitive missions, follow tracks, hit way points, interact here and there. RDR2 it aint. The NPCs do virtually nothing, if you find a big house and there are people inside, you can go in steal all their stuff, kick their doors down and no one even acts like your there. There was a big burnt up village and people were just pottering about with nothing to say, they just feel like they're part of scenery. there's lots of stuff all over the place, burning carts, dead bodies, people hanging from trees, but investigating it goes nowhere. very few things in world can be knocked over or broken or even damaged, just doors I think (though there is lots of fun ways you can move about spaces, squeeze through fences and crawl under stuff). The first map is also totally massive and yet all kinda the same, why is there all this forest, is there anything fun about forest in the game? you can't hide in it, you can't climb trees.

Was this rushed in anyway? Just stuff like cut scenes just going black instead of showing an animated scene, some of the animations (the grapple hook looks so bad I feel like if they hadn't made it necessary in one or two of the missions it would have been better left out, you press it and Jin just convulses and seems to be holding it), the overall lack of detailed touches and care in the world just feels a bit like "fuck it, we are obligated to get this out on PS4 and we can't make you work all-nighters for a year anymore.".

I'm liking it in the way I liked AC:Black Flag, a game I enjoyed but given it was another AC game wasn't exactly blowing me away. Really pretty, the repeatable stuff the game is built round is essentially super fun (the combat), I wanted a game set in ancient Japan too so that's just automatically ineresting, but in the shadow of open worlds like RDR2 it's not anything more than just a bit of fun.

I couldn't agree more. It definitely feels rushed (could have used a lot more developmental time and maybe a PS5 instead of PS4 release) and actually feels like a huge step back from games like The Witcher, Red Dead Redemption and Days Gone. Somebody on another forum described it as playing as a PS2 era game with PS4 graphics and imo that's a great summary.

Such a beautiful world and such a beautiful setting, but yet again a game where you're just clearing bandits camps, following footsteps to find people and fight them and travel a big absolutely gorgeous but mostly dull open world. I want to interact with the trees, with the animals, I want to climb the trees and look at the scenery, I want to climb down a rock without going to the exact spot where I have to climb down the rock. I don't want to get negative comments from NPC's about choices the game tries to force me to make even though I don't make them.

It's a fun game but I'd expected more then The Witcher, Uncharted and Assassins Creed in a blender. It could have been much more then a new standard Ubisofty open world game.

Not to mention the bad lip sync when playing in Japanese, the framedrops (on a PS4 Pro!), the enemies disappearing and getting stuck in the environment and the flawed camera. A 6/10 or maybe a solid 7/10 but nothing more imo.

Edge Magazine (also gave the game a 6) had a great article next to it's GOT review about how the open world needs to reinvend itself on the nextgen consoles. Worth a read.

Chedney Honks

It's not bad lip sync in Japanese, though. The lip sync is for the English language audio.

I feel like I'm defence force for this game but many of the criticisms I've read (on here) are actually simply incorrect, or a misunderstanding of what this game is and what it intends.

There's a lot to be said for stepping back and looking at what a game is attempting to do and to be, rather than pointing out that it's not what you thought it would be. That's not a criticism of the game, that's simply an assertion of a preference. Is it reasonable to go for a curry and then say you wanted something more fresh and delicate? If they said they were serving curry, and you fancy a curry, and it's a shit curry, let rip. Otherwise, it's a criticism of your incorrect idea of what curry 'should' be.

And then, I look at the examples of the games it's 'a step back from...' and I find the comparisons bizarre.

It has vastly better combat, traversal and freedom than TW3, Days Gone or RDR2, none of which allow you to climb trees let alone rock faces. Interact with the trees?! Beyond BotW, which open world game has you interacting with trees? Graphically, it's one of the best looking games ever made, way ahead of TW3 and Days Gone. Narratively, it's not up to much, but it's not bloated and there's a focus on action and exploration over dialogue.

Again, the camera is not flawed, it's doing something which you may not be used to but it's perfectly good if you play the character action games it's inspired by. I've literally not once had an issue with the camera.

I don't have any issue with people not enjoying it, but I do think it's odd to criticise a game for not being what's in your head.

Timothy

Quite weird that English is the default language for a game like Ghost of Tsushima imo.

Compared to the open world in RDR2, The Witcher and Days Gone this game is absolutely a step back imo. I felt totally immersed in the worlds those games created. Everything you did seemed to matter (lots of choices), behind every corner was a new surprise and the games never made you feel like you were just playing a game. I was Geralt in the Witcher. I was Arthur in RDR.

Then you have Ghost of Tsushima. A game with a big open world that's fairly empty and where your presence doesn't seem to make much difference. NPC's don't act like you're there.
In a game like Witcher or RDR (Days Gone is probably a bad example) you helped someone and when the mission finished they still talked. Thank you for helping me. Good luck on your quests. See you later. Etc. Whenever you help someone here and you're done you are suddenly invisible to them. Quest over, says the game. No need to interact with these people anymore. Move on.

The moments you're immersed the game pulls you right out of it. Like going to the exact point on a cliff to climb off. Or the game constantly telling you how to play and what the button prompts are. NPC's constantly telling you off for playing stealthy even though I didn't even play stealthy.

Combat is better but the horseriding is a step back from The Witcher and RDR. Finding tracks and following footsteps is a step back from the Witcher and Assassins Creed. The Witcher and RDR's sidequests are much better. More variation and better storytelling.

Personally I find both Witcher and RDR both better looking then GoT but that's personal.

For me it feels like open worlds progressed but GoT didn't catch up. A bit like playing a 2015 open world game in 2020. I totally felt immersed in RdR and The Witcher. I don't in GoT.

If I'm misunderstanding this game I would like to know what you think this game is and what you think it intends. Might make me go in with a different mindset when I start the game up again.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 19, 2020, 05:51:13 PM
The camera isn't a flaw, though, it's a deliberate choice. If you play Monster Hunter, Bayonetta or a lot of other character action games, the Ocarina-style Z-targeting isn't the default at all. I haven't played them but I gather the Batman/Mad Max games are similar. Even with Souls (as I said above) the lock-on is more of a stabiliser/armband type assist but once you get used to playing without, you're actually more effective and have more freedom. For PvP, for example, if you play locked on, you're dead.

The idea is that you use the camera to survey the mob and attack and defend from multiple angles. If you locked on individually, you'd constantly get killed from off screen because of how the encounters play out. It's very rare thats you kite one or two enemies away. Once they're alerted, you're getting rushed and flanked. You need a free camera to deal with the multiple threats.

The game doesn't communicate this very well and I can totally understand that it's jarring depending on your experiences/preferences, but try to approach with the mindset that you'll be attacking left then parrying right then dodging from straight ahead, then blocking left and guard breaking right, etc. You won't be taking them down one at a time, and if you try to, it will be quite laboured.

I've played Batman and this never happened (bayonetta I can't comment).  The camera is more elevated in Batman and is better at intelligently moves as you do.  In this game it is exactly the fact that you can get killed off screen so easily that is the obvious flaw.   The combat for the main works great though, it is just the simpering "It's far from perfect but..." from critics that were apoplectic about TLOU2 transgressions.

If i was going to make another criticism of this (which I'll say again I'm really happy with the game, can't wait to play a bit of it later) the beginning is boring and unnecessary, could have taken the idea from dark souls and get your background story told in the  opening film and start the actual game in open world proper, it just seem contrived having to do all of the beginning gubbins in such a linear manner.

PS - I agree with your comments on it not being a step back from TW & RDR2 (not played Days Gone) that isn't true, i'd also say RDR2 is completely different game and concept anyway.  The closest i'm getting a vibe of is Oblivion which i know is dated but was excellent apart from one department....the combat, which this (despite the camera props) is excellent (so far).  These games for me are all about exploring and absorbing the world and this games background is gorgeous and seem pretty expansive!

Nobody Soup

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 20, 2020, 12:47:41 PM

PS - I agree with your comments on it not being a step back from TW & RDR2 (not played Days Gone) that isn't true, i'd also say RDR2 is completely different game and concept anyway.  The closest i'm getting a vibe of is Oblivion which i know is dated but was excellent apart from one department....the combat, which this (despite the camera props) is excellent (so far).  These games for me are all about exploring and absorbing the world and this games background is gorgeous and seem pretty expansive!

skipping the camera/combat stuff because I'm finding almost no issues, to the point it's probably some of the most satisfying 3rd person combat I've ever played.

I disagree with it being a different game concept to RDR2 though, gameplay wise yes, but not in the open world concept. I think sucker punch want you to find the world so beautiful that it gives you your reason for exploring and taking your time (imo the mark of a good open world game is that pace yourself by alternating missions and exploring), this is pretty much what RDR2 wanted as well, do a mission, then go hiking in the hills or shoot some deer in the woods, but GoT is a bit dead behind the eyes.

You go to a forest in RDR2 and it's scary because there's a cult running about, it's crawling with reptiles or bears, you find a camp and you don't know if the guy is going to wave his gun at you or tell you a story, he might have some stuff on him, you find a cabin and there might be some interesting item, or stuff in it that reveals a story. sometimes you help someone and they double cross you, sometimes they give you something, they usually have their own story. In ghosts of tsushima the clues never lead you to anything, you see some dead bodies hanging from trees, meh, that doesn't mean anything. you find yourself in a forest in the dark, no worries, the threat of a mongol patrol is the same as in bright daylight field. lonely hillside cabin? empty barring a pot of "supplies". graveyard? nothing beyond the 12th fox to catch. It's just not a compelling world to explore beyond thinking "that's nice.". The climbing stuff is also a bit too, "you can only climb here" for it to feel like freedom.

On top of this NPCs lack any personality or AI so there's no life populating the place. In RDR2 it convinced me not to kill indiscriminately because the people seem to all do and say their own things, this is even when the people kinda give you cause to go after them. in this I honestly don't care about saving the umpteenth grateful clone peasant I'm sworn to protect, I'm only doing it because it's fun chopping down her captors.

I've used fast travel in 3 days of playing this more than I have in entire play throughs of other open world games.

This is such a moaning post on a game I'm actually heartily enjoying playing, but I just wish I was compelled to go see a forest, or just something to do other than run about fighting people.

oh weirdly I also have no issues with the plot either. It's not great but there's some development and everything is kept moving along.

Timothy

Encountered quite an annoying bug halfway chapter 2.

The groups I get to fight are bigger now. When you shout and have the one on one fights before the fighting starts it often occurs that one of the enemies stands in front of the camera, blocking the sight. There's no way to know when the enemy attacks. Bit annoying.

That said. I was quite critical about the game in my earlier posts but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it. It's a fun game. It's just a bit disappointing that imo it could have been more then that.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Nobody Soup on July 21, 2020, 12:15:58 AM
skipping the camera/combat stuff because I'm finding almost no issues, to the point it's probably some of the most satisfying 3rd person combat I've ever played.

I disagree with it being a different game concept to RDR2 though, gameplay wise yes, but not in the open world concept. I think sucker punch want you to find the world so beautiful that it gives you your reason for exploring and taking your time (imo the mark of a good open world game is that pace yourself by alternating missions and exploring), this is pretty much what RDR2 wanted as well, do a mission, then go hiking in the hills or shoot some deer in the woods, but GoT is a bit dead behind the eyes.

You go to a forest in RDR2 and it's scary because there's a cult running about, it's crawling with reptiles or bears, you find a camp and you don't know if the guy is going to wave his gun at you or tell you a story, he might have some stuff on him, you find a cabin and there might be some interesting item, or stuff in it that reveals a story. sometimes you help someone and they double cross you, sometimes they give you something, they usually have their own story. In ghosts of tsushima the clues never lead you to anything, you see some dead bodies hanging from trees, meh, that doesn't mean anything. you find yourself in a forest in the dark, no worries, the threat of a mongol patrol is the same as in bright daylight field. lonely hillside cabin? empty barring a pot of "supplies". graveyard? nothing beyond the 12th fox to catch. It's just not a compelling world to explore beyond thinking "that's nice.". The climbing stuff is also a bit too, "you can only climb here" for it to feel like freedom.

On top of this NPCs lack any personality or AI so there's no life populating the place. In RDR2 it convinced me not to kill indiscriminately because the people seem to all do and say their own things, this is even when the people kinda give you cause to go after them. in this I honestly don't care about saving the umpteenth grateful clone peasant I'm sworn to protect, I'm only doing it because it's fun chopping down her captors.

I've used fast travel in 3 days of playing this more than I have in entire play throughs of other open world games.

This is such a moaning post on a game I'm actually heartily enjoying playing, but I just wish I was compelled to go see a forest, or just something to do other than run about fighting people.

oh weirdly I also have no issues with the plot either. It's not great but there's some development and everything is kept moving along.

RDR2 Is a game based on shooting, with a  focus on horses, living in groups and base building that is set in the wild west, using photo-realism.

It being open-world is the only thing that is similar and what you are saying is basically the formula for every open-world game.

Agree with most of what else you are saying.

Chedney Honks

I love the photo mode in this game.

Spiteface

I'm conflicted on this game. There are times when I'm really into it, but other times I can't help feeling I should be more into it.

Absolutely gorgeous to look at, though.

One thing it's made me think about more, is that I want a new Bushido Blade game.

Mobius

Feel like I'm already sort of playing this on autopilot, just going from ? markers to clear bits of the map.

Instead of climbing towers you're following foxes. Looking at tracks on the floor, clearing bases.. it's the same old stuff. Collect 500 collectible bits to read about in a menu somewhere.

Can't even skip the cutscenes.

Camera's shit, NPCs are dead boring and the world is dull.

Still playing it though. It's alright.

Timothy

Yeah, agree with a lot of that Mobius.

Finished the main game today. Completed most of the subquests, cleared all the question marks, only some bandit camps and two mythological stories to go.

In the final levels the camera was absolutely bugged. Got stuck behind rocks, trees, enemies. Made it a lot harder to fight all the enemies. Lot of off screen deaths.

Final verdict: Game was alright. Fun but nothing special.

What I'm wondering about: At first following the birds and foxes was wonderful. But why do the foxes and birds bring you to the exact spot you need to be? Why not bring you 2/3 and have you figure the rest out yourself? Bit of a missed opportunity.

Chedney Honks

I love hearing about anyone wasting fifty quid because they didn't bother looking up what the game is like.

I fucking LOVE IT.

Bazooka

Not played much since buying it, but no lock on is not an issue, but having the camera pan at the speed Sir Captain Tom Moore walks is a big problem, most games where you have to move the camera mid combat at least don't have the treacle setting on,putting camera speed to fast makes no difference, bad design.

elliszeroed

Enjoyed the game. Appreciated the setting without monsters or demons. But I found it got easier the longer I played, and the more skills I developed- not sure if this is a common issue with these type of games, but by the end I had so much health, resolve, kunai and bombs, that no amount of enemies seemed a threat.

As much as I enjoyed the game, don't think I would buy at as a "Day One" purchase again. A fun time-sink but hardly worth Destructoids 9.5 rating. Nothing in the story captured my... heart, and I found Jin to be pretty dull overall.