Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:44:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cummings

Started by jobotic, July 18, 2020, 12:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

I can't a thread for this psychopath which is odd as he is running the country and remodelling the entire system towards giving himself absolute power.

Feeling absolutely despairing at the moment at our descent into fascism with the media and opposition on board.

Think what we could of had.

bgmnts

We fucked it up when we climbed down from the trees I reckon.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Hold on
I'm cummings

Dewt

Me and my partner call it "go insides"

tao of wub

Quote from: bgmnts on July 18, 2020, 12:46:03 AM
We fucked it up when we climbed down from the trees I reckon.

Back into the water seems the best plan.  Especially with all the global warming denialists in power.

Adams' satire was over 40 years ago and the likes of Cummings want to take us far further back socially than that.

Sociopaths and psychopaths with a lust for power have been sending us into a death spin as a species for ever I believe.  As we have gone through industrialisation and mechanised warfare and firmly into the computerised data mining age it has just become more and more rapid and nefarious.

IBM managed to do a Zuckerberg and help the NSDAP fascist machine back as far as the 30's.

Men like Cummings at the RAND institute have helped the world piss away its future in countless cold and hot wars, destroying the chance for a peaceful and prosperous future for all.  Cummings philosophy is that of a cold calculating Imperialist who firmly believes in crushing anything that stands in his way.  There are no innocents or rules to a man like him.

It is not the only politics going on in the world, but UK is in the grip of a dangerous populist delusion with our shitty press propping it up.  Wish they would all just evaporate or something leaving only a slight tang of hot iron behind.

Sweet dreams everybody.

tao of wub

If I was PM, I would ask Brian Eno to be my special advisor.  At worst he would bring an extensive back catalogue.

Twit 2

Quote from: tao of wub on July 18, 2020, 01:08:10 AM
Back into the water seems the best plan.  Especially with all the global warming denialists in power.

Adams' satire was over 40 years ago and the likes of Cummings want to take us far further back socially than that.

Sociopaths and psychopaths with a lust for power have been sending us into a death spin as a species for ever I believe.  As we have gone through industrialisation and mechanised warfare and firmly into the computerised data mining age it has just become more and more rapid and nefarious.

IBM managed to do a Zuckerberg and help the NSDAP fascist machine back as far as the 30's.

Men like Cummings at the RAND institute have helped the world piss away its future in countless cold and hot wars, destroying the chance for a peaceful and prosperous future for all.  Cummings philosophy is that of a cold calculating Imperialist who firmly believes in crushing anything that stands in his way.  There are no innocents or rules to a man like him.

It is not the only politics going on in the world, but UK is in the grip of a dangerous populist delusion with our shitty press propping it up.  Wish they would all just evaporate or something leaving only a slight tang of hot iron behind.

Sweet dreams everybody.

This is all true. Try not to think about for too long. I also recommend going for walks and looking at the world (while you can).

tao of wub

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 18, 2020, 01:33:30 AM
I also recommend going for walks and looking at the world (while you can).

Thanks Twit 2 your words are appreciated.  I do go out and look at butterflies every day for a couple of hours and do many push ups in the woods, so not fully insane yet.

I spent years of my life in stinking hot labs trying to do something good for the everybody but I feel like an ant trying to move the world compared to the gargantuan influence that a handful of utter utter bastards seem to have on events.

Twonty Gostelow

Bah! I thought this thread was going to be about the late Michael Cummings of the Daily Express, arguably the greatest political cartoonist of all time.

Chedney Honks

Get fucked, Cumdumpster.

steveh

If it wasn't for the immense damage he is doing to people's lives it would be amusing that the more control over every aspect of government that he gives himself the worse the decisions and outcomes are.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on July 18, 2020, 01:52:45 AM
Bah! I thought this thread was going to be about the late Michael Cummings of the Daily Express, arguably the greatest political cartoonist of all time.

Some innovative fourth wall breaking there, with the head missionary turning round to face and address we, the readers. Classic comic inversion too, a la Python's " Hell's Grannies".

Dominic Cummings is 94 a cunt.