Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,488
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:36:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Help place a memory: missing person press conference where family keep laughing

Started by ajsmith2, July 18, 2020, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

First of all, would like to head off any obvious McCanns jokes off at the pass by mentioning the idea upfront. It wasn't that anyway.

Anyway, was wondering if this rang a bell for anyone. It was the 80s or 90s I think, a press conference on TV for a missing or dead person by their family, and the family kept laughing out of embarrassment and awkwardness during their appeal for information. This led naturally to the public viewing the family as untrustworthy psychopathic weirdos who had probably done the murder or kidnapping (can't recall what exactly it was). However, it eventually turned out that they were innocent, they had just behaved oddly under pressure of the media glare at the press conference. I remember seeing this clip not live but as part of either a documentary or recap news item, (Hence why I have the knowledge they turned out to be innocent) although I seem to recall it was still recent ish news at the time.

olliebean

I remember it, don't remember what specific case it was though. Feels like it was more recent than the 90s.

Glyn

First thing that comes to mind is Smack the Pony but perhaps this was based on something ?
https://youtu.be/vF-3TmVb7hU

Pseudopath

This does ring a bell. I'm pretty sure I saw it go out on the nightly news and joking with my mum at how guilty they looked. Fucked if I can find anything on Google though.

Marner and Me

Quote from: Glyn on July 18, 2020, 03:22:15 PM
First thing that comes to mind is Smack the Pony but perhaps this was based on something ?
https://youtu.be/vF-3TmVb7hU
I remember the Big Train one where it was done on one of those swinging pirate ships.