Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oh Rishi!

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 18, 2020, 02:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 01, 2020, 08:17:12 PM
Is Sunak meant to be the John Major style replacement for Johnson? I can see his appeal to the Tory Party as he is a more or less blank canvass and therefore harder to criticise than tainted Johnson (although most of the media still seem to live up Johnson's arse). He's also a Brexiteer although how much that helps him will depend on how much criticism the Tories get when Brexit causes the economy to worsen.

However I don't see that he has the appeal to fuckwits that wouldn't normally vote Tory but voted for Johnson either because they saw him as the best chance of delivering Brexit or because LOLBORIS from Have I Got News For You funny newspaper columns long words etc. However, I guess that's true of most other Tory potential successors. Also of course a section of the Tory membership are racist, and whether they would put their party staying in power above their racism is questionable. I know Tory MPs vote for the leader, but a number of them are probably racist and some of those who aren't will be worried what their racist party members think.

If things do start looking sticky for Johnson will he go quietly? Will have have got bored of being PM by then and if not will the Tories find something for him to do (making the BBC install him as the permanent host of Have I Got News For You in exchange for only selling off the news and current affairs division, for example?)

Power trumps racism and they are only racist to those on a lower salary/no salary than them.

olliebean

Also this will give them a "You can't call us racist, cos we've got one of them as our leader" card to play.

honeychile

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 01, 2020, 08:17:12 PMAlso of course a section of the Tory membership are racist, and whether they would put their party staying in power above their racism is questionable. I know Tory MPs vote for the leader, but a number of them are probably racist and some of those who aren't will be worried what their racist party members think.

I think tory voters trust tory MPs of any colour and creed to deliver racism, faith which proves to be persistently well-placed.

EOLAN

Just a quick aside. But most of us will feel the same about the BBC. But just to remind.

When Theresa May took over as PM; there was effectively a soft focused hagiography of her great rise; but when Corbyn was in line to come leader of Labour; they did a very "Who is Corbyn, and how is he getting into power" with very dark shading, sinister music and a very anti-Union motif.

Then while everyone was knowing that May was doing worse than could be expected in admittedly difficult brief dealing with Brexit; BBC did their duty by producing one of the most fluffy puff pieces ever as Nick Robinson followed her around and showed really what a committed lady she was facing a very tough task. Usual Hancockesque lines (Matt not Tony) about working all hours; no matter how inefficient each hour was. 

idunnosomename

theresa may was really bad huh. it's like being UK PM isn't a big deal anymore. it's like some cunt stuck their thumb up your ass. fuck it. who cares

BlodwynPig

Quote from: EOLAN on August 02, 2020, 12:38:21 AM
Just a quick aside. But most of us will feel the same about the BBC. But just to remind.

When Theresa May took over as PM; there was effectively a soft focused hagiography of her great rise; but when Corbyn was in line to come leader of Labour; they did a very "Who is Corbyn, and how is he getting into power" with very dark shading, sinister music and a very anti-Union motif.

Then while everyone was knowing that May was doing worse than could be expected in admittedly difficult brief dealing with Brexit; BBC did their duty by producing one of the most fluffy puff pieces ever as Nick Robinson followed her around and showed really what a committed lady she was facing a very tough task. Usual Hancockesque lines (Matt not Tony) about working all hours; no matter how inefficient each hour was.

We can only wish for the early onset of dementia like her forebear Thatcher.

evilcommiedictator

Oh Rishi you dish! Thanks for using taxpayer money to subsidize 5 meals for me!

https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Hunt/status/1290295723515404291

Scooby Sunaks - Fun Loving Tory Criminals.

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on August 05, 2020, 10:31:18 AM
Oh Rishi you dish! Thanks for using taxpayer money to subsidize 5 meals for me!

https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Hunt/status/1290295723515404291

He's an MP, so we've technically paid for all five meals in their entirety.

idunnosomename

He probably counted putting it on Twitter as work so claimed the other fifty quid on expenses

Fambo Number Mive

Surely Hunt could afford to go on day that isn't covered by Eat Out and pay full price?

Is he properly socially distanced from the man in the photograph? And both should be wearing masks.

BlodwynPig

doesn't look like him in the photo

SpiderChrist

Hascombe, eh? I was very close to Hascombe yesterday. Should have gone and chinned said hello to him.

pancreas

I know what the food in those home-counties pubs are like. It'll be fat, dense, dry overcooked burgers with those frozen chips you get everywhere, that are slightly bigger than you can get in the supermarket so you think they might have cut them by hand. Claimed as triple-cooked probably, meaning you could load them into a flak cannon. The decor is exactly the same flavour of olive green. Staffed by 15 year old front of house. Little ramekins of ketchup on request. Stale beer. The wine list is reasonable above £50, if you're happy paying a 400% markup.

Shit for cunts.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on August 05, 2020, 03:20:35 PM
I know what the food in those home-counties pubs are like. It'll be fat, dense, dry overcooked burgers with those frozen chips you get everywhere, that are slightly bigger than you can get in the supermarket so you think they might have cut them by hand. Claimed as triple-cooked probably, meaning you could load them into a flak cannon. The decor is exactly the same flavour of olive green. Staffed by 15 year old front of house. Little ramekins of ketchup on request. Stale beer. The wine list is reasonable above £50, if you're happy paying a 400% markup.

Shit for cunts.

Pub with delusions of being a restaurant, where the food isn't up to restaurant quality and the pub part has been marginalised away to the point of being non-existent, coming in 'just for a pint' would get you contempt from the staff as they'd have nowhere to put you.

Cuellar

Any pub you have to drive out to is a pub for arseholes

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on August 05, 2020, 03:20:35 PM

Shit for cunts.

if it was sparsely attended, I would love the desolation - "Lad, bring me another flagon of stale beer and some more of that leberkase!"

Marner and Me

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 02, 2020, 10:27:26 AM
We can only wish for the early onset of dementia like her forebear Thatcher.
Personally wouldn't wish that on anyone after seeing close relatives with it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Marner and Me on August 05, 2020, 08:28:07 PM

Soft left capitulator here

Sebastian Cobb

IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN

pancreas

The local burger chain has named a burger after him. I used to go in there. Fuck that.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on August 10, 2020, 12:08:04 PM
The local burger chain has named a burger after him. I used to go in there. Fuck that.

It's definitely becoming a thing isn't it? I don't blame you for voting with your feet.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Marner and Me on August 05, 2020, 08:28:07 PM

Having seen close relatives with it I would definitely wish it upon a whole bunch of people. Have you read the news?

Sin Agog

Personally I think it's extremely noble of Rishi Sunak donating so much of his own flesh to feed the public.

pancreas

It's consistently amazing how well the propaganda works. Now we are supposed to be venerating the chancellor of the exchequer, for giving us a tenner off dinner. Doesn't matter that you can't get a GP appointment for 3 weeks, because your burger costs £4.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 10, 2020, 12:04:43 PM

IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN

Fucking hell. I see anything like that in any shop I'm in, there will be a FUCKING SCENE

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on August 10, 2020, 12:14:19 PM
It's consistently amazing how well the propaganda works. Now we are supposed to be venerating the chancellor of the exchequer, for giving us a tenner off dinner. Doesn't matter that you can't get a GP appointment for 3 weeks, because your burger costs £4.

You can't get a doctors appointment for 3 weeks because doctors are notoriously LAZY PROCRASTINATING CUNTS getting fat eating half-price burgers and generally abusing Rishi's goodwill.

EOLAN

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 10, 2020, 12:17:10 PM
Fucking hell. I see anything like that in any shop I'm in, there will be a FUCKING SCENE

That particular piece really shows up some of the idiocy of the campaign.

Firstly; it kind of confuses the whole slogan from your slogan-reliant government. Do I go into the sandwich and get a wrap to eat out, or do I have to stay and eat in.

Secondly; really highlights how stupid it is when applied to such locations. Making people who may usually get a sandwich to take away; feeling obliged to stay in and eat indoors with many other people in a confined space. Either; it will get crowded and increase the risk of transferring the virus or stores that try to maintain social distancing will have to sell at a slower rate to maintain a reasonable capacity.

idunnosomename

Eat in to help.... in?!?!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 10, 2020, 12:17:10 PM

Fuck right. I'm going to break my lockdown to seek this shit out and cause a scene. Political propaganda. CALL THE MANAGER.