Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:17:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need help testing my new speedboat game on N64

Started by Bazooka, July 18, 2020, 09:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Hiya, if you have spare hour would you be so kind as to test my new  speedboat game.  It's a 3D fps and sim speedboat puzzle survival game with some high polygon romance quests, and I want to release it on Christmas Day for max sales, but I don't want to release it unfinished.

I need help identifying glitches, splitches, holes, data dumps, trojan horses, graphic spills and 32 bit leakage. If you help, we will personally code your face and body onto an in-game object of your choice.

Thank you,

-John Speedboat

Bazooka

Error 1: The speedboat screams if it crashes into too many polygons on the lagoon level, and the screams can still be heard for 10 minutes after turning the game off.

Ferris

The speedboat model seems to resemble King Kong's penis. Is this intentional?

Bazooka

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 19, 2020, 01:14:00 AM
The speedboat model seems to resemble King Kong's penis. Is this intentional?

No it should not, good catch.

Bazooka

Error: The NPC names randomly change to names on the Ipswich sex offender register.

popcorn

IT'S TOO HARD TO COMPLETE

what are the cheats ?

Captain Poodle Basher

On Level 5: Water Ski Competition:

The five bikini-clad lovelies making up your water ski team appear to have been modelled on Myra Hyndley.

Is this an error or are you going for the 'Tabloid Outrage' cheap publicity approach?

Bazooka

Quote from: Captain Poodle Basher on July 19, 2020, 10:47:12 AM
On Level 5: Water Ski Competition:

The five bikini-clad lovelies making up your water ski team appear to have been modelled on Myra Hyndley.

Is this an error or are you going for the 'Tabloid Outrage' cheap publicity approach?

Ah you found the Easter egg, well done.

Bazooka

Quote from: popcorn on July 19, 2020, 10:25:41 AM
IT'S TOO HARD TO COMPLETE

what are the cheats ?

Have you played through the tutorial?  That tells you how to play.

Replies From View

Hi how do I steer left and right, please?

I can make neither head nor tail of this thing

there's nothing intuitive at all about that arrangement

popcorn

Quote from: Replies From View on July 19, 2020, 12:40:55 PM
Hi how do I steer left and right, please?

I wondered about that too. However,

Have you played through the tutorial?  That tells you how to play.

Replies From View

popcorn

Makes sense IMO as otherwise the game would be too easy

Replies From View

is there a button to complete the game?  or do I just unplug the console

badaids

Boat selection.

The only outboard engine options available are Mercury, Evinrude, Johnson, Suzuki, Yamaha, Mariner, Tohatsu, Torqueedo, OXE (diesel) or Volvo Penta and I wanted to pick Honda.  Can this be updated please?

Also for the boat decal and pennant I can only choose the one with the Star of David everywhere and select 'Zionist' as the driver personality.  That's fine but I wanted to go all rasta.

Ferris

If I use the red key to access the crypt, then how can I complete the emerald crown side quest in the next dungeon? That's just bad game design.

seepage

This is chaos. I want all these classified as either a Defect or Change Request, with an ETA to fix or implement, on my desk by EOB today.

Bazooka

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 19, 2020, 02:25:44 PM
If I use the red key to access the crypt, then how can I complete the emerald crown side quest in the next dungeon? That's just bad game design.

Oh dear, you missed the woodlouse shopkeeper hidden in campaign race 7, he sells the second key,thats not an error.

popcorn

Can you take the politics out of it, it's not why I play games.

Replies From View

ok so i've made it to the first puzzle platformer segment

i have lobbed the milk bottle from my character's property many times.  not sure why but it never reaches gotob's garden?  just smashes on the road between the properties, and the sample this game uses for milk bottle smashing on road is really fucking grating.  like truly grating

then the fragments of milk bottle are drifting down the road, because it is a hill.  so you get a ringing noise that lasts for ages

is that it?  if so why am i not advancing to the next segment of the game?

it says 'press the button' but i have no buttons?

Bazooka

Quote from: popcorn on July 19, 2020, 05:36:26 PM
Can you take the politics out of it, it's not why I play games.

Ah I see you have unlocked the Oliver Cromwell boat master.

Bazooka

Quote from: Replies From View on July 19, 2020, 06:59:02 PM
ok so i've made it to the first puzzle platformer segment

i have lobbed the milk bottle from my character's property many times.  not sure why but it never reaches gotob's garden?  just smashes on the road between the properties, and the sample this game uses for milk bottle smashing on road is really fucking grating.  like truly grating

then the fragments of milk bottle are drifting down the road, because it is a hill.  so you get a ringing noise that lasts for ages

is that it?  if so why am i not advancing to the next segment of the game?

it says 'press the button' but i have no buttons?

Ah we found this bug before but couldn't replicate it, you seem to have met the conditions. It's seems like you have the ambient sfx at max which is causing the latency issues you describe.  Will patch that now.

idunnosomename

Its great. Cant wait to slam it in ma slot and play it with ma mates

Bazooka

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 20, 2020, 10:47:02 AM
Its great. Cant wait to slam it in ma slot and play it with ma mates

Great! Wait till you play it with the rumble pack, you will actually think you are cruising the waves of California as you feel the vibration on your groin.

dissolute ocelot

I got the castor oil monster to urinate in the speedboat tank but now the outboard won't start. Do I need to take it to the top of the sloping lake to build some speed up, or is some other urination necessary first?

I completed the Hard level and now all of the boats have turned into cars. Specifically, the 1990 Lincoln Town Car.

Is this expected behaviour? I wouldn't mind so much, but they aren't sea-faring so they instantly sink to the bottom and you drown.

Replies From View

I keep drowning on that bit as well

I get the feeling we are meant to pick up a snorkel from somewhere first

popcorn

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on July 20, 2020, 12:28:16 PM
What's the nude cheat ?

at the C prompt simply type PRINCE MEGAHIT and press enter