Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:05:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What was the first and last published game of every console/computer?

Started by Kryton, July 19, 2020, 12:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

I read somewhere Jupiter Lander was the first game for the C64, but it seems nobody can agree on the last game ever published for the C64, which stopped in what? 94 or 95?
Some say the last ever 'reviewed' game was Sword of Honour in 95? Some are also saying Alien 3, Mayhem in Monster Land or Lemmings or Streetfighter 2?

Does anyone know for sure?

What about other consoles? First and last games?

evilcommiedictator

"Published", being the key word here, as people are still making C64 games :D.

I mean, for consoles Wikipedia is your goto here, for example the N64 launched with Super Mario 64, Pilotwings 64 and "Saikyō Habu Shōgi" (I'm a big fan). For the launch in Europe there was Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire and Turok as well.
The last game it says was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

earl_sleek

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on July 19, 2020, 03:12:17 AM
"Published", being the key word here, as people are still making C64 games :D.

Yeah, I was gonna say Planet X2 (C64), Planet X3 (DOS) and Tanglewood (Mega Drive) are all recent-ish games, but perhaps they don't count. Although they were all commercially released, albeit not through mainstream channels, so depends on what you define as 'published' I guess.

Kryton

Hmm I guess I was referring to mainstream releases. Very interesting to see the relatively new C64 stuff.

Thursday

Just Dance is still getting annual releases for the Wii.

I know at the beginning of the PS4's cycle, Fifa Games were still still being released on PS2

ahh here https://www.fifagamenews.com/last-game-ever-for-playstation-2-fifa-14/#:~:text=Almost%20everybody.,of%20PS2%20games%20will%20ends

crankshaft

PC Engine:

30th October 1987 - Bikkuriman World and Shanghai
3rd June 1999 - Dead Of The Brain I & II

Quite an impressive run, really.