Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:38:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Artbreeder - awesome face-making AI website thing

Started by Mister Six, July 19, 2020, 04:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Found in Tikwid's thread on awesome AI websites in the technology sub-forum dungeon, Artbreeder is a fancy neural network thing that lets you create and warp human (or humanoid, at least) faces. You can merge two or more faces, make illustrations "photorealistic" (with varying degrees of uncanny valleyness), give everyone massive weird eyes or turn white people black (or Indian, or East Asian, or Hispanic, and vice-versa).

You can also do other, non-face things, athough those results look a bit shite, except maybe the landscapes.

It's not really a game, but I've found it more compelling than any actual video game I've played in ages, and it would be bloody good for making character shots if you're running an RPG, or maybe writing a novel and want to help your mind's eye a bit. You can upload your own images (although you'll want to submit a square-cropped headshot with the person NOT at an angle, or the AI will go loopy when you import it).

Here are some faces I've made, with varying degrees of "realness". Share yours!

^ Bit of the Caravaggio about him

^ Woody Harrelson's reformed meth-head cousin

^ Astonishingly, no David Bowie involved in this creation

Leon-C

Trembling with anticipation

Going to make him human again

Mister Six

Christ, good luck! Show us the results! Although Simon's face is off-kilter in that second pic, so the AI might fuck him up even more when importing. Likewise the first pic - it crops in on the face of you don't submit a square headshot, and the AI sometimes does weird stuff to that too.

Hit by insomnia, I just burned off a bit of the midnight oil making quite a good Joker.

Leon-C

Simon's cosmetic procedure has gone about as well as his previous ones

Leon-C

Bloody hell, I've turned him into Jeremy Corbyn

Leon-C

Big fan of the Dark-Souls-esque similar face thing, which invariably seems to do two things to Simon here:

• Turn him into a handsome lad who probably plays for Real Madrid
  • Don't change much but make him just a tad more gormless

Mister Six

Bottom-right Cowell is morphing into Harvey Weinstein.

Can you tag your original upload so I can edit the poor bastard too?

Couple of attempts at doing Harley Quinn. Tried getting the rainbow hair from the DCEU films, but that just went weird every time. I'm going to upload some photos of real women with rainbow hair, because the AI hasn't been trained to understand that's possible, apparently.

Leon-C

Alright - I've tagged both my original uploads 'cookd'

badaids

I've uploaded Cowell too (lots of times) and a Farrage plane crash.  Lots of fun.

Mister Six

PlanktonSideburns

Just need to get plane crash farage I  there too now

olliebean

[removed by request]

Put a Cartman in and ended up with Kim Il Sung / your gran / something from hell

Mister Six

Quote from: olliebean on July 19, 2020, 07:27:03 PM
Mister Six: This is you, right?

Aye but I don't really want that on here. Can you edit out? Happy to share my username with other peeps by PM though.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Mister Six

Haha, brilliant.

I tried mixing him up with Hulk for some CLASSIC CaB MEME BANTZ but he actually looks better like this.

Like a green Chandler Bing.

Better the other way around, too.

Quote from: Kryton on July 19, 2020, 06:40:02 PM

These are amazing - I wasn't that bothered with the landscape function until now.

olliebean

I think Artbreeder has become a victim of its own success. Upload queues in the hundreds and overall the site is very sluggish tonight.

Tikwid

Mister Six