Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:04:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The big stupid Doctor Who companion face-mashing project

Started by Mister Six, July 19, 2020, 05:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daf

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 20, 2020, 06:57:28 PM
Can you hurry up and mash Tegan and Nyssa please

Phil Collins / The Supremes considers blah blah blah

Mister Six

Quote from: olliebean on July 20, 2020, 06:19:40 PM
Aye, especially given that Kamelion is in there.

Kamelion is humanoid, though, with a human-ish face. K-9 isn't. But we'll see...

Mister Six

Right, let me see if I've got this right. Like I said, I'm trying to get an even number of companions for each doc, otherwise it skews things a bit (although my solution to that is to double up when a companion has notable stints under two docs, and maybe that just makes it worse, I dunno).

Third Doctor
Liz Shaw
Jo Grant
Sergeant John Benton
Captain Mike Yates
Sarah Jane Smith
Brig (again)

Fourth Doctor
Sarah Jane Smith
Leela
Romana I
Romana II
Harry Sullivan
Adric

Fifth Doctor
Nyssa
Tegan Jovanka
Vislor Turlough
Kamelion

Sixth Doctor
Peri Brown
Mel Bush

Seventh Doctor
Ace
K-9 (HAPPY NOW?!)

Eighth Doctor
Grace Holloway
Chang Lee

Ninth Doctor
Rose Tyler
Adam Mitchell
Mickey Smith
Captain Jack Harkness

Tenth Doctor
Rose Tyler (again)
Martha Jones
Donna Noble
Wilf!
Astrid Perth (Kylie)
Jackson Lake (David Morrisey)
Lady Christina de Souza (cat burglar from Planet of the Dead)
Adelaide Brooke (suicidal woman from Waters of Mars)

Eleventh Doctor
Amy Pond
Rory Williams
River Song
Craig Owens
Clara Oswald
Handles

Twelfth Doctor
Clara Oswald
Danny Pink
Reporter bird from Dr Mysterio
Nardole
Bill Potts
Missy

Thirteenth Doctor
Graham O'Brien
Ryan Sinclair
Yasmin Khan
Grace DeadWoman

pigamus

Quote from: Mister Six on July 20, 2020, 08:44:49 PM
Kamelion is humanoid, though, with a human-ish face. K-9 isn't. But we'll see...

Sophie Ellis Bextor might be a good match for K-9. Sort of like a square and a diamond.

Mister Six

Don't make me fancy K-9. :(

And while I'm thinking about lists of faces:

The Average Doctor
Hartnell
Troughton
Pertwee
Baker (T)
Davison
Baker (C)
McCoy
McGann
Hurt
Eccleston
Tennant
Smith
Whittaker
Martin (soz, I know the Timeless Child storyline is shit, but she's great and I want her to be a Doctor, just not a pre-Hartnell one)

The Average Master
Delgado
Pratt (no point having two dribbly Masters... might as well use the more iconic one? Or would a more human Master make more sense for merging purposes?)
Ainley
Roberts
Jacobi
Simm
Gomez
Dhawan

Mister Six

Could also do Average River Song as I think we was played by four actresses in the end[nb]Did we see a stage between alley regeneration in Day of the Moon and Mels? Maybe just three, then.[/nb], but now I'm worried about my own mental health.

pigamus

daf

Quote from: Mister Six on July 20, 2020, 08:53:13 PM
Seventh Doctor
Ace
K-9 (HAPPY NOW?!)

Erm? . . .

I'd just use a different later photo of Mel, but if you really need another choice, I've got just the ticket :

How about Ray - (her with the motorbike from Delta and the Bannerman) - she was lined up as a potential candidate for Mel's replacement - like Ace was, and they ultimately chose Ace . . . but she's a proper companion for that one story!

daf

Norton Canes

How about mashing up some Cybermen or Sontaran variants?

Norton Canes

Or the different versions of the Yeti? It would be insane to see what a crazy mash-up of those would look like

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on July 20, 2020, 09:02:09 PM
Could also do Average River Song as I think we was played by four actresses in the end[nb]Did we see a stage between alley regeneration in Day of the Moon and Mels? Maybe just three, then.[/nb], but now I'm worried about my own mental health.

She probably had the Twelfth Doctor's spunk inside her at some point so there'd be no harm bunging a child Peter Capaldi into the mix to even the number out.

(Why a child, I hear you ask.  Because sperms are very young of course.)

Replies From View

Also while we're at it could somebody please find the average gell guard

Mister Six

Quote from: daf on July 20, 2020, 09:10:51 PM
Erm? . . .

I'd just use a different later photo of Mel, but if you really need another choice, I've got just the ticket :

How about Ray - (her with the motorbike from Delta and the Bannerman) - she was lined up as a potential candidate for Mel's replacement - like Ace was, and they ultimately chose Ace . . . but she's a proper companion for that one story!

Look, I've got a horde of maniacs demanding K-9. I have to give it to them somehow!

Mister Six

Okay, let's DO THIS SHIT.

THE PERTWEE COMPANIONS

Round one: Liz and Jo
Don't know what's going on with the blurry top and bottom of this pic. It happened to a couple of others too. I think it's the video artefacts confusing the AI.

Here's Jo!

Old wonky-eyes is back. I had another pic of Jo that was at a more appropriate angle, but she didn't have her lovely grin, so the end result looked more Liz than Jo, rather than this more 50/50 affair.

Round two: Benton and Yates
Benton! BENTON! Oh, Jesus Christ. (There's a much nicer hi-def promo pic around, but he's heroically holding a walkie-talkie in front of his mouth, and it got the AI all confused... and I'm not good enough with Photoshop to get around it).

Tonight the part of Yates will be played by HP Lovecraft.

Master Bates! Looking rather dashing. The beret has helpfully become a toupee instead.

Round three: Sarah Jane and the Brig
Good old Sarah Jane. I thought there might be some decent hi-def photos of her around, but sadly not from her Pertwee/Baker years (at least, none with her face at a good angle, and unobscured).

Brig's back, and flipped to minimise eye-boggling.

A bit more fetching than Zoe/Brig, I think.

Round four: Joliz and Sarah Brig

Round five: THE ULTIMATE PERTWEE COMPANION

It's only just occurred to me that the final companion might end up being more male than female, because men end up outnumbering women - ironically because the women are the ones who are in it for the long contracts, so men come and go in supporting companion roles more frequently.

Bollocks, should I have done an ultimate female companion, then an ultimate male companion? Then merged them? SHOULD I START AGAIN?!

daf

Christ! I'm killing myself laughing at these - that Master Bates one is sublime!

pigamus

Is the Sarah/Brig one more, too much more than a pretty face? I don't think so.

purlieu

Quote from: Mister Six on July 20, 2020, 11:59:45 PM

Christ, the idea that a combination of Caroline John and Katy Manning could be this monstrosity...

Mister Six

I'm pretty sure it's because the stills are so lo-res and fuzzy (or grainy, in the set photos), so the AI is struggling to be certain where some bits end and others begin. I've messed around with a lot of faces on Artbreeder and never seen a boss-eyed person until now.

Mister Six

Also if anyone wants to mess around with the pics themselves, I'm sharing them under the tag Doctor Who as soon as I put these posts up.

Mister Six

Quote from: daf on July 20, 2020, 09:10:51 PM
Erm? . . .

I'd just use a different later photo of Mel

Actually I just remembered my original plan, which was to do exactly that (or maybe just the same pic) and then do one of K-9 mixed with Timeless Child's companion, whatever he was called.

daf

Quote from: Mister Six on July 21, 2020, 01:25:13 AM
never seen a boss-eyed person until now.

Oh god, you've started me off again -

Just spotted poor old Joliz wonkaloid goggle - yoink!

Replies From View

Mister Six

Macca was also manifesting in the pic of Vicki. Wonder who he'll channel himself through next?

Quote from: daf on July 21, 2020, 06:23:07 AM
Oh god, you've started me off again -

Just spotted poor old Joliz wonkaloid goggle - yoink!

Glad this is bringing you so much joy - karmic payback for you compiling all those Twitter watchalomgs!

Mister Six

Phew, looks like by the mid-70s the Beeb's promo team had got their shit together and started taking photos again.

THE MAD TOM COMPANIONS

Round one: Sarah Jane and Leela
Same Sarah Jane pic as before, for consistency's sake.

Leela (I was going to use the classic promo pics, but the lighting was too harsh, or they were too low-res)

Leela Jane, actually looking rather lovely, which is a rare thing for this project. Shame about the grimace though.

Round two: Romana I and Romana II
Christ, Mary Tamm was good looking. This was the third try; her eye kept going weird till I messed with the lighting a bit and made that area less shadowy.

Lovely Lalla Ward as Romana II.

Oh. Romana III or Nigel Farage in drag?

Round three: Harry and Adric
Introducing Harry and his blurry shoulder. Hooray!

Introducing Adric and his weird little gimlet eyes! Boo!

Introducing Hardric, The Fucked-Up Hobbit! Urgh!

Round four: Leela Jane and Romana III

Round five: THE ULTIMATE MAD TOM COMPANION

She almost certainly has stables somewhere.

daf

Leela Jane & Nigella Farage = Clara?

(is Hardric wearing lippy?)

pigamus

It looks like the plates section from a book about Peter Sutcliffe

Gurke and Hare

Weirdly, the browser plugin I have that replaces any photo of Trump, Farage or Johnson with a photo of a kitten was triggered by this page.

Mister Six

purlieu

Quote from: Mister Six on July 21, 2020, 09:59:43 PM
Christ, Mary Tamm was good looking.
My girlfriend texted me last night specifically to tell me she was watching a film featuring Mary Tamm in the nude.

She really was astonishingly beautiful.