Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:16:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Grande’s Teachers Lounge

Started by dr_christian_troy, July 19, 2020, 07:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_christian_troy

Anyone else a fan of the podcast Big Grande's Teachers Lounge?

It's just wrapped up its ninth and final season (for now), with mini-episodes still appearing on Stitcher.

"Hosts Drew Tarver, Dan Lippert, Jon Mackey and Ryan Rosenberg play 4 highly unskilled teachers who catch listeners up on their oddly captivating careers at the fictional Hamilton High School. In the second half of each episode, The Teachers interview guests who usually play a character in the wild world of Hamilton."

It's a definite favourite of mine - the improv allows the world to expand in ridiculous and unexpected ways, they're clearly old friends having a good time and the general silliness and occasional dark humour is surprisingly uplifting from time to time.

There's a slight narrative and various in-jokes build up along the way, and so I'd say it's worth getting into it from the first episode rather than dipping into it. It starts with the teachers at Hamilton High, but as the seasons progress they end up in various locations due to often absurd and criminal behaviour.

https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=123500

https://www.earwolf.com/episode/theyre-pine-nuts-with-klaus-kendall-paul-f-tompkins/
(Episode 1)

robotam

I love it. Todd Padre is one of the best comedy characters of all time, although, all the teachers are up there.

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on July 19, 2020, 07:33:44 PM
It starts with the teachers at Hamilton High, but as the seasons progress they end up in various locations due to often absurd and criminal behaviour.

I love how they play with that elasticity you get with lots of sitcoms where things always return to the status quo. Here, their actions do have consequences but eventually the teachers can just claim "We're normal now" and beg for their jobs back. They are so pathetic and endearing that you can sort of buy them repeatedly being given one last chances.

ASFTSN

Do you have to pay for the full run of this?

robotam

Fuck. I think you need a stitcher premium account.
Sticking the minis behind a paywall would surely be the better way to do things (paying for bonus episodes works nicely for podcasts with patreons).

Often around American Holidays there are big discounts for a year of Stitcher premium. Also there are sometimes promo codes for a free month or discounts.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: robotam on July 21, 2020, 04:45:18 PM
Fuck. I think you need a stitcher premium account.
Sticking the minis behind a paywall would surely be the better way to do things (paying for bonus episodes works nicely for podcasts with patreons).

Often around American Holidays there are big discounts for a year of Stitcher premium. Also there are sometimes promo codes for a free month or discounts.

Agreed, minis for premium but it would be preferred if the main show was on Earwolf in full. In the meantime there's quite a few clips being uploaded on YouTube too.

zomgmouse

Does anyone have the episodes handy at all?