Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:55:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Facts and Fancies

Started by benthalo, February 26, 2004, 07:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benthalo

BBC7 are running the series, as promised, thrice daily from 9am on Monday.

Note that these are the original Radio 4 broadcasts, which are in a different form to the commercial release.

Neil

Bump.  Forgot to mention this in todays update, doh.

bill hicks

Bollocks. I just missed the repeat. Shall have to remember tomorrow now.

Darrell

I recorded it out of sheer completism.

Is there anything in the radio edit which isn't on the cassette?

The chapters utilised in radio episode 1 were 'A Stitch in Time', 'God: The Sequel' and 'Greetings One and All'.

benthalo

The female announcer isn't featured in the tape as far as I remember. These broadcasts came first, but everything in #1 featured on the cassette.

Darrell

Episode 2 contained 'A Life at the Opera' (what 'Mobile Phones Off!' was reworked from) and 'Papal Blues'.

benthalo

It looks like we're the only people following these. Nothing new yet, and I doubt there will be to be honest.

I note that the BBC7 mods haven't replied to my request for the follow up series yet, and we're getting Core Coren from next Monday in that slot.

Neil

I ain't listening to them again until I finish the book!

Darrell encoded the tapes last night (they're out of print) so if anyone wants them give a shout in the Cook'd and Bomb'd Soulseek room.

Bilko

Quote from: "benthalo"It looks like we're the only people following these. Nothing new yet, and I doubt there will be to be honest.

I've been following them, but inducing your wrath I don't think they are very funny. Iannucci seems to speak to fast without any pauses, trying to get as much into the 14 minutes as possible and losing all timing.

Darrell

Episode 3's contents: 'From The Man Who Mistook His Bike For Olives, with acknowledgement to Oliver Sacks', 'Why the National Lottery is Brilliant' and 'My Favourite Dictators'.