Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:34:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Any cunt going on holiday?

Started by poo, July 20, 2020, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

Not abroad. Yer a cunt if ir going abroad And I hope you die. I can't find cottage - no cottage left in Britain. Text me if you have cottage.

SpiderChrist

My cunt brother-in-law is going to Turkey. Ostensibly to sort out some issues with his late father's estate but, y'know. Turkey. Four hour flight with a bunch of strangers. His wife (a nurse) is also apparently going with him, and his eldest daughter and her husband are also considering going. I don't hope they die, btw, but I will be avoiding them for a while.

idunnosomename

Just turn up at any old cottage you fancy and murder the inhabitants. Then relax

Gurke and Hare

I booked a week off in August today and I'm going to get a train somewhere from London, possibly even abroad. I'm not a cunt though, I'll wear a mask and everything.

JaDanketies

gf / baby momma is a bridesmaid at a wedding in Croatia and we're all going as a family. Hopefully.

Icehaven

Well we'd thought we might go camping somewhere not too far away maybe in August for Mr. H's birthday, but then there was a bit on the news today about how campsites and holiday parks etc. have been completely inundated with bookings and enquiries so we might have left it too late. There was one small campsite shown where they'd decided to only have one set of customers at a time so this lucky bastard couple were sat outside their campervan in the middle of a field they had all to themselves. Jammy gits.

Blinder Data

Might go camping for a couple of nights in August but that's basically to stay near family so it's not really a holiday. And that's if we find a spot, didn't realise everywhere could be booked up.

Fighting off the great unwashed for a fecking camping space in the Peak District - desolation

Chedney Honks

Enjoy fuckin ANTS inhabiting your lockdown syndrome imminent corpse 😂😂😂

ollyboro

Early September we're hoping to get on a ferry and drive down to a campsite somewhere near Bordeaux. Should be easy to social distance on a ferry. Not a fucking chance I'll be going near an airport anytime soon.

imitationleather

Bang Face Weekender, as if you needed to ask.

Gurke and Hare

The Dutch government says it's okay to go on holiday to the Netherlands if you're not a dick: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/tourism-in-the-netherlands

I'm cool with distancing and masks, so Rotterdam here I come.

idunnosomename

bgmnts

Probably not.

Had a thought about spending a weekend in a little cottage in Pembrokeshire somewhere but I am unsure.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: icehaven on July 20, 2020, 09:35:08 PM
Well we'd thought we might go camping somewhere not too far away maybe in August for Mr. H's birthday, but then there was a bit on the news today about how campsites and holiday parks etc. have been completely inundated with bookings and enquiries so we might have left it too late. There was one small campsite shown where they'd decided to only have one set of customers at a time so this lucky bastard couple were sat outside their campervan in the middle of a field they had all to themselves. Jammy gits.

Have seen some campsites on airbnb where people in rural areas had a spot somewhere on property you could camp.

Icehaven

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 20, 2020, 11:58:08 PM
Have seen some campsites on airbnb where people in rural areas had a spot somewhere on property you could camp.

That sounds like the kind of thing. I don't like big campsites where you're surrounded by others and probably have to walk half a mile to the toilets anyway, so the smaller the better.

Sebastian Cobb

Bloke at work went to some remote cottage. He told his kids they'd take a mobile router as it had no wifi, without mentioning there will be fuck all signal. Unlucky.

Brian Freeze

We had booked a static in Wales ages ago and have been told we are allowed to go and stop for a week. Pretty chuffed but we had been tossing up the pros and cons of visiting lovely lovely Wales and potentially unkowingly spreading the lurgy against the benefit of people visiting the area and spending some money in the local shops and wotnot.

They have a campsite plus tourers and a couple of statics, they would normally be fully booked with eighty tents at any one time but are only allowing ten at a time for the whole summer.

Buelligan

It's a tough one.  On the one hand people sell some food and so on, on the other, someone dies.  Perhaps a lot of people.

But then you think, if they don't sell some food and so on, how will we all continue to live?  How will the Market continue to support us?

It's almost like the system we live under can't adapt to cope with something where profit is not the main driver.  But that can't be true.

poo

Norton Canes

Did have a week booked in Morocco but had to cancel obv, so off to see relatives in Luton instead.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 21, 2020, 12:13:09 PM
Did have a week booked in Morocco but had to cancel obv, so off to see relatives in Luton instead.

quit bragging

Duckula

The pandemic has made me realise I plan all my holidays around gigs/music festivals so until they actually start up again (and are relatively safe) I can't see it happening.

El Unicornio, mang

Back before Covid started I had planned to go to the US for a couple of months sometime this year, but it's probably the worst place to visit right now. I'm just going to "virtually" go on vacation via movies and youtube 360 tours, save my money and have a disgustingly decadent fortnight in the Maldives next year.

Buelligan

If the pandemic's over, in 2021, you'll still probably be able to go there.

Quote from: WikipediaClimate change severely threatens the existence of the Maldives as well as diminishing existing human capabilities on these islands. According to the World Bank, with "future sea levels projected to increase in the range of 10 to 100 centimeters by the year 2100, the entire country could be submerged".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_climate_change_on_island_nations#:~:text=Climate%20change%20severely%20threatens%20the,entire%20country%20could%20be%20submerged%22.

Blue Jam

Cloud

Nopity nopity fuckthataroonie

Might go camping sometime.

Sherringford Hovis

Blue Jam

Has anyone managed to get a haircut recently, and if do, what did your hairdresser talk to you about?

finnquark

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 22, 2020, 10:46:29 AM
Has anyone managed to get a haircut recently, and if do, what did your hairdresser talk to you about?

His impending court appearance, at which he will lose his driving license. But dont worry. He and the boys are off on a driving holiday to Barcelona, via Amsterdam and Zurich, beforehand.

seepage

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 22, 2020, 10:46:29 AM

Nothing: got the quiet one, instead of the chatty one. Pros: doesn't try to chat; Cons: BO & halitosis, now mitigated by the mask somewhat.