Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:27:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Very Excellent Mr Dundee

Started by Malcy, July 20, 2020, 10:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Saw a trailer for this a while back but had forgot about it. Watched it earlier and thought it was really funny. Paul Hogan plays himself getting into Larry David levels of misunderstandings and situations.

A few other famous faces turn up as themselves as well. It's all a bit ridiculous and silly, especially towards the end but i still laughed loads. Worth a watch.

famethrowa

Good to know, I'll give it a watch. Been watching Hoges for 40 years now, he's like our weird old aussie uncle so it's good to see him still out there.

13 schoolyards

I had a... very different response to it. I found it frustrating a lot of the time, as a lot of elements that should have been funny were present but just never clicked.

The one thing I will say is that I found Hoges weirdly passive for much of the film. The rare spots where he got to dust off the old larrakin act still worked, but disappointinglyy for most of the film he was written as a sad old guy who just wanted to move back to Byron Bay.

Head Gardener

saw first ten minutes and
Spoiler alert
it was so painfully unfunny
[close]
I fast forwarded to spot celeb guests and
Spoiler alert
it was just fucking appalling
[close]

evilcommiedictator

Surely it's the worst kind of Aussie domestic comedy movie pitched as Crocodille Dundee 3? Hoges turning up to help pay his taxes seems odd, but he's the whole point of the movie

13 schoolyards

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on July 22, 2020, 05:36:40 AM
Surely it's the worst kind of Aussie domestic comedy movie pitched as Crocodille Dundee 3? Hoges turning up to help pay his taxes seems odd, but he's the whole point of the movie

Technically it's Crocodile Dundee 4 - pretty much the only laugh in the film is the mention that the Queen's favourite Paul Hogan film is 2001's totally forgotten Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (aka Croc 3)

famethrowa

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on July 22, 2020, 05:36:40 AM
the worst kind of Aussie domestic comedy movie

Oh that's a deep deep hole there