Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:03:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is distancing finally sinking in?

Started by Cloud, July 21, 2020, 01:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

Obviously, not in supermarkets.  People are still doing whatever they want there.

But just had a lunchtime wander and thought "oh god, every other cunt and his dog is out" (sunny day)  but have to say, about 80% of them were automatically crossing the road, walking along the road or staying on the far width of the pavement, whatever applies to give each other distance.  It seems to be an automatic habit now. Is that everywhere or just here?

Good news if it's a habit... it all helps

Quite a few wearing masks when shopping also, ahead of the law coming in.

bgmnts

Cuellar

About 10-12 of us met up in the pub the other day, it was absolutely heaving and NO ONE was distancing.

dissolute ocelot

In my experience people do routinely kind of distance in the street or in shops, but it's become almost token thing, a little swerve, a tilt of your head. People don't try to maintain a specific safe distance, whether the goal is 2 metres or even 1 metre. And if you actually need to get through and the gap's too small, you steer a path equidistant between the people on either side, you don't wait till a safe space opens up.

tao of wub

Not in my experience.  I have been wearing a mask in public since mid March but people still making me anxious getting in my face.

Yesterday waiting to get in the shop the guy behind me was way to close. 

Inside a Tesco, people meeting friends and chatting all over the store, couples blocking off the walkways.  Less than 10 percent in masks.  Most people acting exactly like they normally would.

My neighbours told me things are all sorted now, as it is now, 'much better, it's back to normal with people going out in town'.  WTF?

The Mollusk

Absolutely not a sniff of it in Walthamstow and hasn't been for a long, long time now. In fact since Sainsbury's stopped enforcing queuing to get in and the shitty fucking vajazzle slogan leggings shops reopened the high street legitimately looks no different to how it did before.

Cloud

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 21, 2020, 02:38:25 PM
In my experience people do routinely kind of distance in the street or in shops, but it's become almost token thing, a little swerve, a tilt of your head. People don't try to maintain a specific safe distance, whether the goal is 2 metres or even 1 metre. And if you actually need to get through and the gap's too small, you steer a path equidistant between the people on either side, you don't wait till a safe space opens up.

Must admit... I sometimes end up in that last scenario.  You get two people marching towards you, can't go onto the road because it's like a motorway, they're not bothered and just keep advancing so... end up holding breath and nipping through the middle. It's that or turn around and run away!

Thursday

I'm always the one that steps out into the road when passing someone by... if that's not possible and I have to stick to just the kerb, the other person will just continue walking down the middle of the pavement, not even bother making the minimal token effort to inch towards the wall bit.

People are such thick cunts and I hope they die.

The Mollusk

Best way to get about nowadays is fucking tank it down the road like a whirling dervish with two metre-long swords, one in each hand, extended at full arms length. Started doing that a few days ago and it's worked an absolute charm. Bloke in the shop said I didn't even need to pay as long as I took what I wanted and left as quick as possible. Result!