Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:32:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

"Healthy breast tissue"

---

For continuing analysis of the alleged Father Ted writer's exceptionally public breakdown and subsequent deterioration

Timeline of events:

- Done a bad transphobia in IT Crowd episode
- Instead of saying "soz", became the most notable transphobe on the planet
- Spent 21 hours a day on twitter misgendering, insulting and brigading trans people and their allies
- Depth charged his own career, lost his family
- Starting calling people paedophiles
- Got kicked off Twitter
- Now subsists on thin gruel of his newly in-the-low-hundreds audience (down from 600k)
- Sleeps in a racecar bed with no wife
- Solicits sex from brothel called "Brighton Belles"

Graham's accomplishments thus far: Raised an enormous amount of money and awareness for trans people

Anyroad, on we go. Enjoy the last twitches of the corpse, kids.

madhair60

Guide to Glinner threads originally posted by Ambient Sheep

Prequel threads:

Graham Linetransexclusionary (2018/03/08 - 2018/07/22, 52 pages)

Twitter policeman Graham Linehan given warning by police about Twitter (2018/10/06 - 2018/10/19, 21 pages)

What happened to Adam Buxton and Graham Linehan's sci-fi sitcom 'The Cloud'? (2018/12/17 - 2019/01/01, five pages, despite the title it's mainly about the trans issue)

Main ~100-page threads:

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan (2019/01/20 - 2019/08/02)

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread (2019/08/01 - 2020/02/11)

Graham Linehan's Beard Weekends: Transphobia III: The Sorceror (2020/02/11 - 2020/05/12)

Glinner Posts Mortem: Dying on Transphobia Hill 4: The (g)Room(er) (2020/05/11 - 2020/06/22)

Glinner V: The Dream(ed up) Child (molestors): A New Carbon-era (2020/06/22 - 2020/07/21)

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards (2020/07/21 - ?????, you're reading it now)

Also related:[nb]Within the last nine years or so, first one excepted, otherwise I'll be here all night with old Father Ted and IT Crowd threads.  If someone else wants to list them, fine by me![/nb]

Graham Linehan and Arthur Mathews (2009/12/13 - 2009/12/15, one page)

Graham Linehan points out the absolute turdness of Jack Whitehall (2011/03/21 - 2011/03/27, two pages)

Comedians inciting their followers/fans to savage their critics (2012/06/18 - 2012/09/28, 50 pages)

Graham Linehan wants you to work for him for no money (2013/06/18 - 2013/06/22, three pages)

The Walshes on BBC4/RTE, by Diet of Worms & Graham Linehan (2014/03/17 - 2015/01/22, one page)

Graham LOLnehan (2015/04/20 - 2018/10/09, six pages)

Pope Ted: The Father Ted Musical (2018/06/02 - 2018/06/10, four pages)

Limmy vs Linehan (2020/01/20 - 2020/01/23, one page)

Going apeshit at unisex bogs (2020/02/06 - 2020/02/09, five pages)

JK Rowling TERFing her legacy into the bin (2020/06/07 - ???)

Glinner: thread for backseat moderators and hand-wringing (2020/06/20 - ???)

A little light relief - H.S. Art threads

What's Graham Linehan up to? (2019/05/29 - 2019/06/10, one page)

Imagine if Graham Linehan (2019/11/12 - 2019/11/13, one page)

Ferris

Furious neither of my thread title suggestions was used.

Founding from this thread in a huff now.

madhair60

Bernice

idunnosomename

It's amazing what a cunt he was before all this stuff about healthy breast tissue removal

https://www.balls.ie/football/miguel-delaney-graham-linehan-234234-267628

Anyway. I wonder what he thinks of co-education? Aren't girls' schools a hard-fought women's space? Instead we have little rapist boys waving their little willies about the playground mentally scaring infant lesbians  Disgraceful.

magval

apopheniac

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 21, 2020, 06:50:41 PM
It's amazing what a cunt he was before all this stuff about healthy breast tissue removal

Anyway. I wonder what he thinks of co-education? Aren't girls' schools a hard-fought women's space? Instead we have little rapist boys waving their little willies about the playground mentally scaring infant lesbians  Disgraceful.

While @'ing someone into criticism of their work is cuntish in itself, he could have just said "sorry you didn't like it" and blocked the guy. Instead he has to call him a shithead. Classy.

He probably doesn't care about schooling unless it's a girls' school providing counselling and support for its transgender students. Then he'll start wanking on about healthy young breasts and how young kids are being "transed" or whatever.

idunnosomename

This is april

https://www.norfolkmag.co.uk/people/helen-linehan-norwich-based-motherland-series-creator-1-6595405
Ps lol
QuoteThis season Graham is not involved, instead concentrating on finishing what he has called the real final episode of Father Ted, Pope Ted: The Father Ted Musical, 25 years after the sitcom first aired.

In early May she liked an instagram reply insinuating Graham was "an utter prick" and changed her name there to "Dame Helen Serafinowicz". Since at the same time his personal office he always used to make videos from turned into a barely-furnished apartment, it is beyond reasonable doubt they aren't separated. Good for her, she doesnt need him pulling down her writing career with his destructive lunacy. He's risking her reputation as much as anything.

peanutbutter

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 21, 2020, 06:50:41 PM

It's about season 3, I def remember at least one doc about the series where basically everyone refers to Linehan being very reserved for the first two seasons but then very much becoming the showrunner for the third.

I tend to agree 3 is a big drop down into much lazier writing on the whole, it kind of works to the series benefit overall, in that I can't imagine a fourth season if one had happened being anything other than a huge disappointment.

JaDanketies

Lots of good trivia about the final episode, pulled from my brain so likely relatively inaccurate

• it was gonna end with Ted killing himself / joining Tommy Tiernan (Father Kevin) on the balcony and threatening to jump, because he can't escape Craggy Island, but they thought that was a bit dark so just did a montage, which was the right choice, especially in light of Dermot Morgan's untimely passing
  • when he's dancing to Shaft, Dermot Morgan complained of chest pains, but he was a perfectionist so wanted to get it right, especially cos Tommy Tiernan kept messing up his lines. Dermot died the next day.
  • Tommy Tiernan feels guilty about this, and thinks he holds some blame for Dermot's death for making him do the Shaft scene over and over again
  • it was always intended to be the last episode
  • the scene with Tommy Tiernan on the bus ride listening to Radiohead and getting depressed again is genius

idunnosomename

it's hard to imagine shit father ted, because the quality of the cast was so high, but then look at the simpsons. zombie ted series 22. shudder

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 21, 2020, 09:14:15 PM
it's hard to imagine shit father ted, because the quality of the cast was so high, but then look at the simpsons. zombie ted series 22. shudder
There's a script book knocking about my parents' house somewhere (unless a sibling has claimed it as their own) and both Arthur and Graham, IIRC, discuss bits of series three that they feel are them repeating themselves or silliness for the sake of silliness. Like there's definitely a sense of "yeah at this stage if we'd gone on any longer it would've come totally off the rails".

JaDanketies

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 21, 2020, 09:45:26 PM
"yeah at this stage if we'd gone on any longer it would've come totally off the rails".

like some wacky storyline where Ted becomes Pope or something

QDRPHNC

I'm always surprised when people talk about the quality of the acting in Father Ted. It's mostly charming and terrible.

idunnosomename

Well I only mean the core cast of Morgan, O'Hanlon, Kelly and McLynn. I can't see how you can fault any of them

QDRPHNC

I'd say three of them were "adequate for a sitcom" and one of them was downright bad.

tomasrojo

Quote from: apopheniac on July 21, 2020, 07:30:47 PM
While @'ing someone into criticism of their work is cuntish in itself, he could have just said "sorry you didn't like it" and blocked the guy.

I think someone else @ed Matthews and Linehan, and Delaney neglected to remove them when he continued the conversation.

tomasrojo

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 21, 2020, 10:03:45 PM
I'd say three of them were "adequate for a sitcom" and one of them was downright bad.

I don't know if you mean McLynn, but I find her a dispiritingly one-note actor. Which doesn't make much difference to FT.

QDRPHNC

Nah, Morgan. I know a lot of people have fond memories of father ted, but I remember really disliking it when I first saw it around 16. It's grown on me since, but it is very tough around the edges.

dead-ced-dead

I think Ted is a case where the acting matches the writing style. Dermot Morgan in any other show could be called quite bad, but his acting in a show where characters make bets over £5 and get into the various situations they do, the styles mesh very well.

thenoise

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 21, 2020, 09:47:06 PM
like some wacky storyline where Ted becomes Pope or something

The fathers read about trans online 'imagine that Ted, blokes wearing dresses and hanging about with other blokes in dresses. It'll never catch on.' Etc.

idunnosomename

all i would criticise about Father Ted is that Ted Crilly's character is a bit erratic. is he a good sane person or is he a greedy arsehole? the selfish aspects only come into play when they further the plot, and he doesn't seem to work as a flawed everyman, sometimes he can be a titanic dickhead (unlike, say, Victor Meldrew, who is basically always relatable in his motivations). it's still kind of a perfect storm of performances for me personally. yeah none of them went on to do much else outside of their typecasts (Thermoman lol, dead, dead, McLynn does some good appearances) but whatever.

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 21, 2020, 07:37:49 PM
This is april

https://www.norfolkmag.co.uk/people/helen-linehan-norwich-based-motherland-series-creator-1-6595405
Ps lol
In early May she liked an instagram reply insinuating Graham was "an utter prick" and changed her name there to "Dame Helen Serafinowicz". Since at the same time his personal office he always used to make videos from turned into a barely-furnished apartment, it is beyond reasonable doubt they aren't separated. Good for her, she doesnt need him pulling down her writing career with his destructive lunacy. He's risking her reputation as much as anything.

Don't forget the irrefutable evidence of someone on here seeing him buying a cheese grater for his new bachelor pad.

Wonderful Butternut

Matthews and Racecar Bed said that in retrospect the Eoin McLove episode (2nd last one I think) was complete bullshit, iirc. Jack had some out of character eloquent, but deranged rant about the old women and Patrick McDonnell, the actor playing McLove, concocted the "I've no willy"[nb]Interesting throwaway considering Glinner's views now...[/nb] bit on the set, which hadn't originally been in the script. That line then got the biggest laugh. They reckoned those were signs that it was kinda done.

That being said had Dermot Morgan not died, I'm sure someone would've thrown enough money at it for a comeback special or two.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on July 21, 2020, 10:52:34 PM
Don't forget the irrefutable evidence of someone on here seeing him buying a cheese grater for his new bachelor pad.
well it was a screenshot of a facebook messenger conservation with a photo him in morrisons buying all the ingredients and utensils for a spaghetti carbonara, which is more funny than incriminating.

guess it was early may too? who knows. i literally have no idea what month it is anymore

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 21, 2020, 10:56:15 PM
That being said had Dermot Morgan not died, I'm sure someone would've thrown enough money at it for a comeback special or two.
Yeah it might've gone the BBC comedy route with a few more Christmas specials down the line.