Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

JamesTC

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on November 18, 2020, 02:34:39 PM
Going to fucking tax you.

I've urinated on all my money. As a male, this means all of my money forms part of my territory and it cannot be taxed. This is proven by scientists.

frajer

I just tried to piss but now Twitter's watching me and I can't go.

daf

Quote from: frajer on November 18, 2020, 02:44:37 PM
I just tried to piss but now Twitter's watching me

I'm just an average man with an average life
I work from 9 to 5, hey hell, I pay the price
All I want is to be left to piss, in my average home
But why do I always feel
Like I'm in the Toilet Zone?

Blue Jam

Glinner is male, is that why he has pissed on his chips?

Hand Solo

Good odds he's pissed his racecar bed in a drunken stupor.

thenoise

dissolute ocelot

This study says that female urine may contain a pheromone released during ovulation which is detectable by smell and which may attract men. No mention at all of male pheromones.

There is evidence that male urine has a signally role in other animals, e.g. mice, but despite what the Jordan Petersons of the world think, just because something is observed in mice or lobsters doesn't mean it's also true of human beings. Otherwise I'd spend a lot more time licking peanut butter off of boobytraps.

bobloblaw

Quote from: Menu on November 17, 2020, 07:08:09 PM
Yes I've always felt the true heirs to Monty Python were (a) Alexei Sayle's Stuff and (b) A Bit of Fry and Laurie. And I agree it wasn't as funny after Marshall and Renwick left. There was an obvious drop in quality.

and the true heir to Alexei Sayle's Stuff was The Armando Ianucci Shows. Just checked and Christ, they aired nearly 20 years ago!

Menu

Quote from: bobloblaw on November 19, 2020, 11:30:55 AM
and the true heir to Alexei Sayle's Stuff was The Armando Ianucci Shows. Just checked and Christ, they aired nearly 20 years ago!

I think Armando still says they're the best thing he's ever done. Maybe because they've been pretty much forgotten other than by us nerds so he feels protective. TBH I never quite enjoyed them as much as I thought I would. I can't put my finger on why, as it should have been something I adored. And I have tried them since and had the same feeling. Lots of really great bits but some quite dull bits as well.

Ferris

Quote from: Menu on November 19, 2020, 11:10:33 PM
Maybe because they've been pretty much forgotten other than by us nerds so he feels protective.

I wonder if he feels the same about Time Trumpet. It's my favourite Iannucci stuff[nb]apart from Brass Eye/TDT, '90s Partridge and Mid Morning Matters, The Thick Of It & Veep... fucking hell he's done some good stuff huh.[/nb]

Menu

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 19, 2020, 11:48:01 PM
I wonder if he feels the same about Time Trumpet. It's my favourite Iannucci stuff[nb]apart from Brass Eye/TDT, '90s Partridge and Mid Morning Matters, The Thick Of It & Veep... fucking hell he's done some good stuff huh.[/nb]

I agree with your footnote. For me, Time Trumpet is very similar to TAIS. Some great bits but it always seemed a bit of an anti-climax. I really wanted to love it but just couldn't.

He did a properly terrible one about Bill Clinton as well which thankfully has been forgotten now.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

QuoteWe will let Graham Linehan know that their post has been removed

Ooooh he won't like that...

Sonny_Jim

Probably bin dun:

that transphobia was just resting in my account!

JamesTC

You're not tweeting anymore. You're not tweeting anymore.

He's posting again saying that he's being told that he's restricted, and plaintively asking if anyone can "see" him. He really is a needy, attention-seeking cunt, and on top of that he's obviously utterly useless with technology. No doubt he'll spin this as part of the techbro war on women.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Has he ever actually at all even mentioned womens' emancipation and liberation outside of the conduit of queerphobia?

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on November 20, 2020, 06:43:04 PM
Has he ever actually at all even mentioned women's emancipation and liberation outside of the conduit of queerphobia?

Not as far as I know, but it seems to me, that once people become GC TERFs, that's all they talk about.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on November 20, 2020, 07:05:32 PM
Not as far as I know, but it seems to me, that once people become GC TERFs, that's all they talk about.

I know this is extremely redundant to say, but it's so striking how men like him imagine that of all the many many evils that befall women the world over, this one is paramount

JaDanketies

He and Helen were involved in the abortion rights debate in Ireland. On the good side.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 20, 2020, 07:20:08 PM
He and Helen were involved in the abortion rights debate in Ireland. On the good side.

So, umm, is it fair to say the one issue he was involved in for reasonable purposes was one that specifically and immediately affected him and he hasn't shown any broader concern for women outside of that?