Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:01:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on November 20, 2020, 07:42:42 PM
So, umm, is it fair to say the one issue he was involved in for reasonable purposes was one that specifically and immediately affected him and he hasn't shown any broader concern for women outside of that?

Yes, that is fair. But to be honest, the Glinner from the time when he talked about his abortion experiences is barely recognisable today anyway.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 20, 2020, 07:20:08 PM
He and Helen were involved in the abortion rights debate in Ireland. On the good side.

To be fair he would be a pretty useless ally to first wave feminists, Terfy or not if he wasn't an advocate for abortion rights.

Anyway, that's an position, in England anyway, that's about as controversial as being against kicking stray animals in the street.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 20, 2020, 07:47:09 PM
Yes, that is fair. But to be honest, the Glinner from the time when he talked about his abortion experiences is barely recognisable today anyway.

Yee. Anyway yeah I'm just being redundant we've done all this

JaDanketies

I've taken to trolling him and his fans on Facebook over the last few days. Is like shooting fish.

GoblinAhFuckScary

From the fb. The fucking... implication of multiple glinners

JaDanketies

imitationleather

idunnosomename

Not on your life, my cishet friend!

Glinner's favs for rebutting his police visit that got in the press, just did this INCREDIBLE tweet where they say that hate is a good emotion

https://twitter.com/WeAreFairCop/status/1329748991060357122

In case they delete (and someone had already archive)
https://archive.md/95RTb

you can do the rest of the song now

dead-ced-dead

Every time I think about Graham positioning himself as "the CHAMPION of women," I think about how he slagged off Dolly Parton.

No tweet, obviously, but the text still exists.

QuoteRiiight. And how about the fact that she's completely fucked up her face? https://t.co/jMgItDLPL1

— Graham Linehan (@Glinner) June 29, 2014

damien

I love how the people in charge of LGB Alliance and Fair Cop's twitter accounts all appear to have this underlying, barely-concealed seething right-wing rage just barely below the surface. The Terfs as a rule have the worst social media presence this side of the incels.

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 20, 2020, 08:26:12 PM
I've taken to trolling him and his fans on Facebook over the last few days. Is like shooting fish.

You're not this KJ who's driving them mad, are you? I don't know if he's real or not, but I do like the cut of his jib.

dissolute ocelot

Fuck can we celebrate Trans Day of Remembrance by erasing Glinner?

GoblinAhFuckScary

Sonny_Jim

No, he's been 'restricted', whatever that means.  Sounds like it's only going to be temporary.

The worst part is that he probably sees this as 'validation', ie he must be saying the right things, as he received a punishment.  It's like some weird social media BDSM fetish.

idunnosomename

He can start ranting about how Facebook "hates women" and is run by "incels" because that's what a normal man who's trashed his own life on the internet does

George Oscar Bluth II

Given that Biden did tweets about trans day of remembrance I'm wondering if Glinner still hates Trump as much as he used to.

chveik

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on November 22, 2020, 02:24:25 PM
Given that Biden did tweets about trans day of remembrance I'm wondering if Glinner still hates Trump as much as he used to.

some galaxy brains on mumsnet wanted Trump to win because of this.

and the others were going yass kween Kamala.

nuke the lot of them

George Oscar Bluth II

Say what you like about Trump, but once he'd got over his initial confused reaction to this even being an issue and had been told how important it was to his base, he absolutely understands that trans people must be demonised for imaginary reasons.

pigamus

JaDanketies

Also some woman  crowdfunded £32k of terf money to have a judicial review into Labour allowing trans women on to all-woman shortlists and recently discovered that judicial reviews do not apply to organisations such as the Labour Party. This ruling was made in February, but her lawyers only just told her.

idunnosomename

Perhaps she can embezzle the money to send some disabled kids to Lourdes instead

JaDanketies

She'd previously taken £7k out of the fundraising pot - i.e. the amount of cash a part-time woman on minimum wage might earn in a year - to deal with some personal cash-flow problems. And she only replaced it when she started getting heat from JustGiving and the media.

Blue Jam

Quote from: pigamus on November 22, 2020, 02:37:47 PM
John Cleese doing a bit of shitstirring today I see

Never mind the TERFy stuff, he can fuck off just for calling Glasgow "Third World":

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnCleese/status/1330425238027374593

idunnosomename

refering to the "third world" that deserves "sympathy" is more problematic than poking fun at a random British city. though an English person choosing a Scottish one is rather a cunty thing to do.

what a cunt though. I just wonder why these old men (re shatner) act so cunty on their internet platforms? what's in it for them? does it give them a little chubby or something?

king_tubby

phes

Oh sad to see that Cleese is just another pointless unfunny twitter cunt. Hopefully it keeps him from boring people to death in real life too often

Blue Jam

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 22, 2020, 03:55:03 PM
refering to the "third world" that deserves "sympathy" is more problematic than poking fun at a random British city. though an English person choosing a Scottish one is rather a cunty thing to do.

I guess, but really I just like Glasgow. I also don't like people thinking Scotland is a backwards place full of drunks and savages and not stopping to think that we've got some of the oldest and best universities in the world and it was Scotland that gave the world television, the telephone and antibiotics.

We're also managing Covid a fuck sight better than California.