Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:50:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronzy

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 22, 2020, 03:45:51 PM
Never mind the TERFy stuff, he can fuck off just for calling Glasgow "Third World":

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnCleese/status/1330425238027374593

If he's talking about the area around Glasgow Central, then yes, he's right.

Don't think he is though.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Bronzy on November 22, 2020, 04:22:48 PM
If he's talking about the area around Glasgow Central, then yes, he's right.

You mean that massive branch of Greggs? Oh right, fair enough then.

petril

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 22, 2020, 06:01:24 AM
No, he's been 'restricted', whatever that means.  Sounds like it's only going to be temporary.

The worst part is that he probably sees this as 'validation', ie he must be saying the right things, as he received a punishment.  It's like some weird social media BDSM fetish.

it's like that means they've agreed to play at Being In A Conflict, which is all he seems to really want

JaDanketies

Dusty Substance

Quote from: pigamus on November 22, 2020, 02:37:47 PM
John Cleese doing a bit of shitstirring today I see

I don't want to end up hating John Cleese so I do my best to ignore his Twitter shitstirring. It's sad to see and is another reminder that some 80 year old millionaires who live in L.A probably shouldn't be on Twitter.

ajsmith2

O Twitter, annihilator of minds,
Ruiner of legacies,
Foul undoer of man's dignity
How we curse the day of your creation and every day you persist.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: phes on November 22, 2020, 04:04:22 PM
Oh sad to see that Cleese is just another pointless unfunny twitter cunt. Hopefully it keeps him from boring people to death in real life too often
So many of these unlettered fucks sticking their oar in with variations on the attack helicopter "gag" that pointing out it's a cliché has become a cliché. That said...

"'OW TO DEFEND YOURSELF AGAINST A MAN ARMED WITH AN OLD CHESTNUT!!!"

Thomas

Quote from: pigamus on November 22, 2020, 02:37:47 PM
John Cleese doing a bit of shitstirring today I see

He tweeted saying that he's 'not interested' in the conversation about trans rights, and that he simply hopes trans people are happy and treated kindly - but also tweeted a crap 'identify as an attack helicopter' joke (but you can't criticise it because he's not actually interested and everyone's offended these days ahhh).

You'd hope intelligent comics with a platform might analyse things a bit further than succumbing to this lazy cake-and-eating-it-too Twittering, but he is posh and old and does loads of adverts so you can't expect too much from the ancient tax exile.

petril

pigamus

I think he said he wanted to be a Bolivian policewoman or something like that

Each to their own

Cuellar

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

hahaha you'll all be holding your hands in sorrow for your fallen King of Comedy when he finally fucks off into his grave tho won't you

ps maybe don't brag about trolling people in here esp if your target is a litigious fucker with no job to go to

chveik

Twit 2

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 22, 2020, 10:26:11 PM
hahaha you'll all be holding your hands in sorrow for your fallen King of Comedy when he finally fucks off into his grave tho won't you

ps maybe don't brag about trolling people in here esp if your target is a litigious fucker with no job to go to

u ok hun?

Jumblegraws

Feel like I've missed two pages or something? What's all this about?

dead-ced-dead

I... see...

Gurke and Hare

GoblinAhFuckScary

Another routine slogan the cunt is trying to push on twitter via the #WeWillBeHeard tag

Yeah we know YOU CUNTS NEVER FUCKING SHUT UP

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on November 24, 2020, 11:51:31 PM
Another routine slogan the cunt is trying to push on twitter via the #WeWillBeHeard tag

Yeah we know YOU CUNTS NEVER FUCKING SHUT UP

RIGHT? holy shit they complain about being silenced when they've been given so much uncontested newspaper space and tv time, they pulled this shit in Scotland when the first GRA consultation didn't come back with the result they wanted they cried about how women weren't listened to or were silenced, so the SNP caved to their terf faction and gave them a second consultation

George Oscar Bluth II

Sort of mad how the only publicly visible factions in the SNP are Salmond supporters v Sturgeon supporters and pro v anti-trans. Remarkable how disciplined they are otherwise.

JaDanketies

looks like he's been banned from Facebook for at least a week. I think the next one is a month, and then you get permabanned.

I sent a DM to David Paisley on Instagram because I don't want to get involved in terf wars on Twitter again and am adamantly refusing to create a non-professional profile in case I get roped back into that stressful time-sponge. I don't think he checks his Instagram. If anyone can hit him up on Twitter with the same message, that'd be good:

Quotehey man, what'd be great would be if you wrote an email to tos@substackinc.com to tell them that a certain Graham Linehan is using their service to harass you. Which is true. I've emailed em myself but it might hold more weight coming directly from you. It's his remaining source of income so it'd be great to get him off it, and also he's using it for evil

I mean maybe it's a little bit mean to try to get Graham Linehan's final source of income removed from him. But he still seems like just as big a shithead as he ever did. Also he called me a pedo several months ago. And also he is literally using his Substack to encourage people to harass David Paisley, so I guess it's fair. Surely the Father Ted income will stop him becoming homeless, and I don't see why he shouldn't have to do minimum wage work when everything else dries up anyway. It's good enough for the rest of us.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 26, 2020, 10:35:26 AM
I mean maybe it's a little bit mean to try to get Graham Linehan's final source of income removed from him. But he still seems like just as big a shithead as he ever did. Also he called me a pedo several months ago. And also he is literally using his Substack to encourage people to harass David Paisley, so I guess it's fair. Surely the Father Ted income will stop him becoming homeless, and I don't see why he shouldn't have to do minimum wage work when everything else dries up anyway. It's good enough for the rest of us.

I really don't think it is mean. If his oncome comes directly from making a marginalised group miserable, then fuck him. If he were to do the same thing in a real person job, like working in an office, then he would have been pulled up in front of HR long ago.

He should learn that actions have consequences and if he didn't want to have to resort to begging for money, he wouldn't have acted this way in the first place.

Mini-rant, small tangent: it's why I find it amusing when former celebrities are shocked (SHOCKED I TELLS YA) that no one wants to hire them when they spew their bile online. Like James Woods or the like. They know the industry they're in, and long before "cancelling" became a buzzword online, celebrities still weren't untouchable. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

JamesTC

Glinner will be fine financially. Frankly he is a massive prick to ask for money to harass women who don't agree with him when he is as well off as he is.

idunnosomename

I cant believe the persistant self-denial in complaing about "womxn". That has always been a rad-fem trope, nothing to do with gender fluidity.

Why you turn off replies indeed.

I really wish he'd scrubbed under his fingernails before taking that photo. It's fucking revolting. (Though that could be just because the sight of his smug, hateful face makes me want to heave).

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Small Potatoes on November 26, 2020, 01:07:31 PM
I really wish he'd scrubbed under his fingernails before taking that photo. It's fucking revolting. (Though that could be just because the sight of his smug, hateful face makes me want to heave).
Nice shot of his bedroom in the background

frajer

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 26, 2020, 01:00:50 PM
Why you turn off replies indeed.

"Why turn off replies" is the green-eyed monster rearing its head. These people have access to sweet, sweet Twitter and don't even know how to use it properly!

But he's so hilariously trapped by his own shitty behaviour that he can't even allow public comments on his grimy substack, as he knows exactly the comments he'd receive.

So he has to hide and interact with the same two dozen people in his terfy echo chamber, never extending his reach because he knows if he removed the paywall he'd get an internet drubbing.

It's all very pathetic.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on November 26, 2020, 10:29:25 AM
Sort of mad how the only publicly visible factions in the SNP are Salmond supporters v Sturgeon supporters and pro v anti-trans. Remarkable how disciplined they are otherwise.

Have you been following the SG inquiry into the government's mishandling of the Salmond case? They are desperately trying to avoid proper scrutiny.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: jamiefairlie on November 26, 2020, 05:20:53 PM
Have you been following the SG inquiry into the government%u2019s mishandling of the Salmond case? They are desperately trying to avoid proper scrutiny.

In the middle of a global pandemic and in the leadup to a Scottish election the last person i give two hoots about is Alex Salmond, who's own lawyer described him as a bully and a sex pest, yes if there is mishandling of it then fine let him have his inquiry but right now and so publicly? nope