Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:57:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Oh fuck off. Hope it causes a huge backlash for the Beeb. I'll be putting in a complaint if it is confirmed.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sharon Horgan already in my bad books for Military Wives.

JamesTC

No mention of Glinner elsewhere. I wonder if they got their lines crossed. He wasn't involved in the previous series.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: JamesTC on November 26, 2020, 08:26:41 PM
No mention of Glinner elsewhere. I wonder if they got their lines crossed. He wasn't involved in the previous series.

That's certainly a possibility. I was confused for a while, I assumed he was credited as a creator on season 2 because he wrote the pilot. He wasn't, but I assumed he was. Could be bad research.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on November 26, 2020, 08:29:15 PM
That's certainly a possibility. I was confused for a while, I assumed he was credited as a creator on season 2 because he wrote the pilot. He wasn't, but I assumed he was. Could be bad research.
Not related to Glinner, but I remember Jeffrey Lieber, who wrote the first draft of what would become the pilot episode of "Lost", got a co-creator credit, despite having zero input into the series from that point on.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 26, 2020, 10:24:48 PM
Not related to Glinner, but I remember Jeffrey Lieber, who wrote the first draft of what would become the pilot episode of "Lost", got a co-creator credit, despite having zero input into the series from that point on.

If you have a good enough lawyer and get a creator credit, you can profit for as long as the show's in syndication. Same with all the dubious "executive producer" credits flying around in movies and TV.

Menu

Quote from: Small Potatoes on November 26, 2020, 01:07:31 PM
I really wish he'd scrubbed under his fingernails before taking that photo. It's fucking revolting. (Though that could be just because the sight of his smug, hateful face makes me want to heave).

What photo?

Mister Six

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on November 26, 2020, 10:30:17 PM
If you have a good enough lawyer and get a creator credit, you can profit for as long as the show's in syndication. Same with all the dubious "executive producer" credits flying around in movies and TV.

Exec producer actually means something in movies, I think - they're the money men, compared with the actual hands-on producers. Exec producer in TV is usually just for show though.

idunnosomename

lmao. of course helen is getting proper comedy work and graham is just fucking about on twitter with his filthy nails

Menu

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 27, 2020, 12:10:20 AM
lmao. of course helen is getting proper comedy work and graham is just fucking about on twitter with his filthy nails

WHERE IS THIS PICTURE OF HIS DIRTY FINGERNAILS?

It's his cunty posed "why you turn off replies" photo, which reveals not only his manky fingernails but the kitchen roll on top of the washing machine in his little utility closet.

Menu

Quote from: Small Potatoes on November 27, 2020, 12:38:05 AM
It's his cunty posed "why you turn off replies" photo, which reveals not only his manky fingernails but the kitchen roll on top of the washing machine in his little utility closet.

Where can I see it though? Sorry if I'm being dense.

I'd post the photo if I could remember how but his wanky blog entry is here

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/murdered-by-men-erased-by-amnesty

I'm being mean, his fingernails aren't that filthy but it's a very unflattering close-up HD photo and he is a very unattractive, lonely man. As well as being a loathsome cunt.

Menu

Quote from: Small Potatoes on November 27, 2020, 12:44:34 AM

I'm being mean, his fingernails aren't that filthy but it's a very unflattering close-up HD photo and he is a very unattractive, lonely man. As well as being a loathsome cunt.

Ewwwww. Thank you!

Ferris

Likes and comments into the single digits. How long before blog.tragic.glin is abandoned?

Sonny_Jim

Well, never?  A few drips of water is enough for a thirsty person.  At this point, where else is he going to go?  Twitter, gone.  Facebook, banned for a week, probably gone.  Parler?  He'd be a laughing stock.  Maybe /r/GenderCritical on reddit?  Except that's been banned as well.

He's just going to float around on the fringes being a lunatic, hopefully.  Honestly the worst case scenario is that he manages to get more work.  You might think that cruel hearted, but as it is no one fucking listens to him.  You could argue going back to comedy would mean less time for 'HEALTHY YOUNG BREASTS', but seeing as he's just continually doubled down, he'd just use any exposure to promote his filthy hate.

Shaky

Quote from: Small Potatoes on November 27, 2020, 12:44:34 AM

Nevermind all that, near the bottom of the page he says:

QuoteThe episode of 'Brass Eye' where Chris Morris wears blackface as the rapper Fur Q?

Idiot.

Povidone

Quote from: riotinlagos on November 27, 2020, 12:00:10 AM

Ah I see, perhaps he should be more concerned about the erasure of real women, by national newspapers, in his name than well, you know, imaginary women with healthy young breast tissue being groomed by mystical gender cults and other such things he's made up in his racecar bed.

Any feminist worth their salt could have got an angry two page blog post out of that. A lazy researcher lobbing in the name of a still vaguely known man, completely overlooking his wife who actually did the work? Seems like a minor mistake but indicative of the devaluing of women that still exists in popular culture. There, you see I couldnt even give a shit and I still managed 6 lines that were thoughtful than some cliche about 'sisters doing it for themselves' *boak*.

To paraphrase the man himself - it's funny how he ignores feminism til it's about the transes.

Jockice

Quote from: riotinlagos on November 27, 2020, 12:00:10 AM

Imagine only wanting to mention a comedy writer when writing about comedy. Journalism's certainly gone downhill since my days.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Povidone on November 27, 2020, 07:27:19 AM
Ah I see, perhaps he should be more concerned about the erasure of real women, by national newspapers, in his name than well, you know, imaginary women with healthy young breast tissue being groomed by mystical gender cults and other such things he's made up in his racecar bed.

Any feminist worth their salt could have got an angry two page blog post out of that. A lazy researcher lobbing in the name of a still vaguely known man, completely overlooking his wife who actually did the work? Seems like a minor mistake but indicative of the devaluing of women that still exists in popular culture. There, you see I couldnt even give a shit and I still managed 6 lines that were thoughtful than some cliche about 'sisters doing it for themselves' *boak*.

To paraphrase the man himself - it's funny how he ignores feminism til it's about the transes.

Helen and Sharon are doing the actual work, and if it was a case of the newspaper falling on the name of a vaguely recognisable man, like Graham's, surely Sharon's name alone is bigger now than Graham's was in his peak, since she won an Emmy and also acts and produces, two things that Graham only barely dipped his toe in (loads of cameos but no starring roles and 3 producing credits compared to Sharon's 32).

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Jockice on November 27, 2020, 08:21:12 AM
Imagine only wanting to mention a comedy writer when writing about comedy. Journalism's certainly gone downhill since my days.
I wonder if he has genuinely forgotten about the column inches that have been given over to his crusade. He has a really shitty memory, he always seems to be forgetting stuff, jumbling things up (e.g. saying Fur Q was in Brass Eye), messing up the timeline of events (he said that he fell out with Jon Ronson years ago when in actual fact barely a year had passed). He claimed to have forgotten about the details of his campaign against Count Dankula, which at the time I thought was just a convenient way of dismissing accusations of hypocrisy now that he was crying foul about hate speech policing, but now I think he actually just doesn't remember. There's been a few other examples over the past year or so but, fancy that, they escape me for now.

Jumblegraws

Ffs hit quote instead of modify, been awhile since I've done that.

idunnosomename

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 27, 2020, 01:28:42 AM
Likes and comments into the single digits. How long before blog.tragic.glin is abandoned?
when he finds another platform for his dopamine and small change. He has already forgotten about Women Are Important and Glindr.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Jumblegraws on November 27, 2020, 09:29:22 AM
I wonder if he has genuinely forgotten about the column inches that have been given over to his crusade. He has a really shitty memory, he always seems to be forgetting stuff, jumbling things up (e.g. saying Fur Q was in Brass Eye), messing up the timeline of events (he said that he fell out with Jon Ronson years ago when in actual fact barely a year had passed). He claimed to have forgotten about the details of his campaign against Count Dankula, which at the time I thought was just a convenient way of dismissing accusations of hypocrisy now that he was crying foul about hate speech policing, but now I think he actually just doesn't remember. There's been a few other examples over the past year or so but, fancy that, they escape me for now.

He also misremembed the trans episode of the It Crowd as being made and shown in 2013, when it was 5 years earlier in 2008: the calling out of the transphobia in it reached critical mass around 2013 though, which accounts to some extent for his confusion, but y'know he only wrote the thing, you'd think he'd remember a bit better.

phantom_power

Quote from: Povidone on November 27, 2020, 07:27:19 AM

No, you see because he says "Sisters have been doing it for themselves" so he is down with the little ladies having their little thing. Not patronising at all

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: phantom_power on November 27, 2020, 11:12:33 AM
No, you see because he says "Sisters have been doing it for themselves" so he is down with the little ladies having their little thing. Not patronising at all

It's like when David Brent tries to desperately back peddle to not come across as sexist. "It's not sexist, because it's the men... AT LAST." *Looks at camera.*

petril

Quote from: phantom_power on November 27, 2020, 11:12:33 AM

he always adds, "and of course, they all have lovely bottoms"