Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:27:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: mippy on November 30, 2020, 10:44:47 PM
He used to tweet about how working from home meant more wanking, IIRC.

Isn't that also a Big Train sketch? I wonder if he was involved in the writing.

king_tubby

canadagoose

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: canadagoose on November 30, 2020, 11:40:19 PM
Do you have a link?

Yeah I'm curious about this one too

*edit* Found a thread by Joss Prior on it

canadagoose

Oh, and in misc TERF news, the terven faction appear to have won significant gains in the recent SNP NEC elections. Wonderful. A lot of more progressive SNP types are finding their Twitter accounts are blocked by the new NEC officials, so that bodes well, doesn't it... what with the SNP barely opposed in Scotland, and that.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: canadagoose on December 01, 2020, 12:06:39 AM
Oh, and in misc TERF news, the terven faction appear to have won significant gains in the recent SNP NEC elections. Wonderful. A lot of more progressive SNP types are finding their Twitter accounts are blocked by the new NEC officials, so that bodes well, doesn't it... what with the SNP barely opposed in Scotland, and that.
Yeah whilst I'm not an SNP supporter it's a bad night for the progressives in the party and they're reeling from it

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 30, 2020, 11:03:30 PM
Isn't that also a Big Train sketch? I wonder if he was involved in the writing.

That Mitchell and Webb show or whatever it was called

GoblinAhFuckScary

That's fucking bleak about the SNP

lol at terfs not even being keen on glinner

jamiefairlie

Not just about trans stuff though. Many independence supporters are starting realise that the current leadership have no desire to push for independence beyond asking for a section 30 and greeting about it when they say no. Too many settling into a comfortable establishment lifestyle and don't want to rock the boat.

Sonny_Jim

Blue Jam

Jumblegraws

Interested in what blocklist she's using, as I'm one of several who's blocked despite having never even heard of her, and the only time I tweet about ScotPol is to call Stuart Campbell a tosspot

jobotic

Jumblegraws

Quote from: jobotic on December 01, 2020, 08:02:49 AM
Why is the SNP so full of transphobes?
Same as why Britain is generally, cos it's full of complacent centrist liberals who are feeling ambushed by greater acceptance of trans people amongst millennials and gen z.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Jumblegraws on December 01, 2020, 07:40:16 AM
Interested in what blocklist she%u2019s using, as I%u2019m one of several who%u2019s blocked despite having never even heard of her, and the only time I tweet about ScotPol is to call Stuart Campbell a tosspot

I was blocked by the wingcel in chief before his account got binned I believe they are using one of the ones he kept, I'm also blocked by the new equalities convener and never heard of them before tonight and blocked by Joanna Cherry despite zero interaction of even a mention before being blocked. I am vocal about supporting trans rights however, but that I'm sure that's purely coincidental *freeze frame* it wasn't coincidental

I kinda love how LineHam is so irrelevant his own thread regularly veers off topic and stops talking about him

Jumblegraws

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on December 01, 2020, 12:33:42 AM
That's fucking bleak about the SNP

lol at terfs not even being keen on glinner
What's funny is that, unlike other entries on that spreadsheet, it's not that they're calling him aggressive or divisive. Were that the case, he'd probably console himself with arsepats from his gaggle of Glinnerheads. Instead, the kool kids who put that spreadsheet together just seem to think he's weird and tragic, which pretty much chimes with how he's seen on CaB (on the site as a whole that is, the needle swings towards 'raw hatred' in the Glinner threads themselves).

buttgammon

I can see why they're not keen, because imagine what a liability it must be having someone like that on your side. At the same time, they repeatedly suggest people are bonkers and if you find yourself on the same side of the argument as all the crackpots, it might be time to think about what you believe in.

idunnosomename

They're still standing
Doin another twitter bit
Feelin like a "womens ally"
A monumental piece of shit

Jumblegraws

Has he slavered shit about the Kiera Bell judgement yet? Can't be bothered to look

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Jumblegraws on December 01, 2020, 12:50:27 PM
Has he slavered shit about the Kiera Bell judgement yet? Can't be bothered to look

Extremely bad this. First legal success and they've got the taste for blood. It fucking harms only children.

Also Keira Bell has obviously been manipulated and groomed but fuck it KEIRA BELL YOU'RE A FUCKING CUNT

My heart honestly aches thinking about children that have to through the agony and dysphoria of the wrong puberty because of these FASCISTS

JamesTC

Quote from: Jumblegraws on December 01, 2020, 12:50:27 PM

He probably thinks it is the most important thing to happen in medicine this year.

I'm not sure he has even heard of the pandemic.

canadagoose

Quote from: jamiefairlie on December 01, 2020, 12:41:14 AM
Not just about trans stuff though. Many independence supporters are starting realise that the current leadership have no desire to push for independence beyond asking for a section 30 and greeting about it when they say no. Too many settling into a comfortable establishment lifestyle and don't want to rock the boat.
I fail to see how electing a bunch of bigoted clowns to the NEC is going to make independence more likely, unless they're going for a "populist bigotry" strategy this time. Having learned more about the Salmondites, I wouldn't be surprised. They won't get my vote any time soon.

Also, that's bad news for trans teenagers. Keira Bell, what a selfish tosser. We're back to where we were when, well, when I was a teenager. Good old rainy fascist terf island.

JaDanketies

So from my understanding of this Kiera Bell thing, I guess it means that puberty blockers are still permissible as a treatment for kids with GD, but that under 16s aren't deemed capable of giving informed consent to this treatment, hence the parents will have to give informed consent instead?

Jumblegraws

Quote from: canadagoose on December 01, 2020, 04:19:14 PM
I fail to see how electing a bunch of bigoted clowns to the NEC is going to make independence more likely, unless they're going for a "populist bigotry" strategy this time. Having learned more about the Salmondites, I wouldn't be surprised. They won't get my vote any time soon.

Also, that's bad news for trans teenagers. Keira Bell, what a selfish tosser. We're back to where we were when, well, when I was a teenager. Good old rainy fascist terf island.
Think his point is that the membership are turning to more maverick players, because obviously Joanna Cherry QC and co are daring self-determinists who'd wipe their bottoms with the Treaty of Union.

DreadedScotsman

Zetetic

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 01, 2020, 04:27:04 PM
So from my understanding of this Kiera Bell thing, I guess it means that puberty blockers are still permissible as a treatment for kids with GD, but that under 16s aren't deemed capable of giving informed consent to this treatment, hence the parents will have to give informed consent instead?
Responding here.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on December 01, 2020, 04:39:13 PM
Glinner has outed his own sock puppet account to gloat https://twitter.com/scarlysimon/status/1333803930816450560 go forth and report for ban evasion

And he's fucking larping as a trans dude again. Flicking through his tweets his tone is more hysterical than ever

Posterity for when he's prob deleted in a few hours

DreadedScotsman

I've said it before but the only thing he took away from Gamergate was their tactics, this is just a sad sargoon tactic of creating account after account just to harass and feel like he's relevant