Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 01, 2020, 10:42:22 PM
How's his toilet argument going this time?

What's his toilet argument? I think I missed this.

idunnosomename

squared frosted slab glass with a little fan with a bit of string under it, and a dying spider plant on the cistern, while he shits and wanks in the nude

DrGreggles

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on December 01, 2020, 11:14:52 PM
What's his toilet argument? I think I missed this.

It boils down to him thinking that transwomen are just perverted men who want to go in women's toilets.

Jollity

Quote from: Small Potatoes on December 01, 2020, 08:38:00 PM
And that's him off on Elliot Page now. Jesus, what a cunt.

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/the-disappearing-lesbian

Not actually going to click on this link, but the title tells me everything I need. He has appointed himself the guardian of lesbianism now? That's damn creepy to be honest. He's always talking about how men shouldn't have an opinion on what women (or "women", in this case, but you know) do with their bodies and their sex lives, but it's okay if he does it? I know nobody reads my posts ever, but Graham, you're a huge creep and come across like you're only "defending" lesbians because you want to watch. Your "concern" is not remotely sincere, you're just another man who talks over the top of women because he thinks he knows best. And I have a uterus, and my uterus also thinks you're a creep and a condescending sexist prick.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 01, 2020, 11:45:19 PM
It boils down to him thinking that transwomen are just perverted men who want to go in women's toilets.

Oh yes, in that case I have heard of it before. Going down the Glinner rabbit hole gives me the brain damage.

Thursday

It's hilarious how much Transphobe arguments falls down instantly at the mere existence of Transmen.

Surely by his own logic. Elliot is a woman and so we should all pipe down and listen to her.

I have a feeling Thread #7 will be along much more quickly than expected after a slowdown at the beginning of the thread.

Ferris

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on December 02, 2020, 01:53:21 AM
I have a feeling Thread #7 will be along much more quickly than expected after a slowdown at the beginning of the thread.

I was hoping the thread would wind down (along with any online chatter around him), he'd fade further and further into obscurity, start to back away from all this, then quietly drop it after a few months and sort his life out (for everyone's sake).

Instead he's buying SIM cards to set up sock accounts on twitter and anonymously hound E-List public figures who have ventured opinions that run contra to his fringe beliefs. He is getting more warped and monomaniacal if anything, and as he is booted off mainstream platforms and lockdowns persist, I don't see where this ends.

All that said, he is so unrelentingly spiteful and poisonous, I struggle to sympathize with the mess he's got himself in. People have been telling him to get help for some time and he just seems uninterested. Strange, strange man.

GoblinAhFuckScary

evilcommiedictator

Trans Men, blocking up men's toilets by using a shewee and pissing all over the place, we can't even take a sneak peak at how big her willy is (as she doesn't have one, snark, snark) /s

GoblinAhFuckScary

Tell you what, I think this is also him, with the 'Graham Linehan's shiny magic Terving stick' being a lil bit of a wink wink nudge without explicitly exposing himself to a ban. Writes totally similar and account was opened just after he was banned

https://twitter.com/Femflam1

I similarly suspect this one. Similar tone. Pushes for recognition for Glinner's efforts. There's a photo of them holding Rowling's book and I might be going bats at 4 in the morning but I'm stuck on the idea that it's Glinner with an acrylic. In any case it's very clearly 100% a sockpuppet account

https://twitter.com/ADhumanFEMALE

Dog Botherer

yeah i wouldn't be surprised if either of them or both were him.

saw unconfirmed reports he was melting down earlier over on Mumsnet over Elliot Page.

phantom_power

It takes some ball to go on about silencing women and lesbian erasure by silencing a former lesbian (sorry, that's clumsy wording) and erasing their point of view by calling it indoctrination or attention-seeking.

Their treatment of trans men really does show their bigotry and how hollow their "genuine concerns" really are

thenoise

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 01, 2020, 11:45:19 PM

Yeah and you definitely need surgery, years of psychology appointments and hormone treatment etc to go into a women's toilet to hear them wee through a cubicle door. You definitely can't just walk in.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 02, 2020, 02:11:18 AM
Instead he's buying SIM cards to set up sock accounts on twitter and anonymously hound E-List public figures who have ventured opinions that run contra to his fringe beliefs.
Peak desolation.

I always say to my son no one does anything thinking that they are in the wrong, or that they aren't doing the right thing.  No one deliberately does something they know is wrong.  Except Graham does, repeatedly.  I guess his reasoning must be "They deserve it because I'm unhappy".

EDIT:  The point I was trying to make is that everyone tries to justify their actions, but late stage Glinner trying to justify being a prick 24/7/365 must take up all his creative genius.

frajer

Quote from: thenoise on December 02, 2020, 08:43:43 AM
Yeah and you definitely need surgery, years of psychology appointments and hormone treatment etc to go into a women's toilet to hear them wee through a cubicle door. You definitely can't just walk in.

And if you did decide to be a pervert in a bathroom? There's not a law in the land that will stop you.[nb]Oh wait there's fucking loads of iron-clad ones.[/nb]

His reaction to Elliot Page says it all. He just can't stand people being happy, can he? Miserable insane bastard.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: phantom_power on December 02, 2020, 08:31:19 AM
It takes some ball to go on about silencing women and lesbian erasure by silencing a former lesbian (sorry, that's clumsy wording) and erasing their point of view by calling it indoctrination or attention-seeking.

Their treatment of trans men really does show their bigotry and how hollow their "genuine concerns" really are
Katy Montgomery pointed out that when someone identifies as a trans woman, Glinner and co can't misgender them fast enough, but when someone identifies as a trans man it's all "We are losing women! Lesbian erasure!"

Cuellar

In light of this Keira Bell thing, I sometimes think that maybe Graham is just concerned with the safeguarding of children. But then you see all his posts of pictures of adult trans people that he's taking the piss out of or insulting and his reaction to announcements like Elliot Page's and it's clear that he is just an angry cunt, confused by things he doesn't think are 'normal'. Wanker.

dead-ced-dead

I do sometimes wonder how long he goes without bathing, leaving the house or feeding himself, the extent of his obsession.

jobotic

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 01, 2020, 09:03:19 PM
Here's him double-confirming so there's no doubt.

He'll be making a live video from a woman's  Wetherspoons toilet wearing a Santa's beard for the full 24th to 26th December 2021 period at this rate. It is true that it didn't look like he could've got any lower than hate-tweeting all of last Christmas.

John Stuart Cairns17 hr ago
Didn't think you could actually go up in my estimation but you just did. On behalf of myself and all my female descendants both born and unborn thank you. Please never stop. Respect always.

If they weren't paying to post this sort of thing I'd think they were taking the piss.

DrGreggles

Thomas

Quote from: Small Potatoes on December 01, 2020, 08:38:00 PM
And that's him off on Elliot Page now. Jesus, what a cunt.

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/the-disappearing-lesbian

What happened to his shtick that he's fine with trans people, but just hates trans activists?

His hateful beliefs are self-fulfilling. If a trans person is famous, they're an attention seeker. If a trans man was previously identifying (at least publicly) as a lesbian woman, they're contributing to 'lesbian erasure'[nb]great band[/nb] and perpetuating internalized misogyny. Meanwhile, if a man transitions, they're doing it so they can sneak into women's toilets. And - perhaps most bullyingly - if a trans person doesn't 'pass' in his eyes, he mocks their appearance.

His attitude is unfalsifiable. There's nothing a trans person could do or be to suit Graham.

Was Elliot Page 'attention-seeking' when he originally came out as a lesbian in 2014?

MojoJojo

I had a quick look at the mumsnet thread. If you ignore all the deleted posts, it's surprisingly sane. Mostly sad that a strong lesbian role model has "gone" and  a few hoping that his wife is OK.

Oh, and one person suggesting he's done it because their aren't any roles for women in their thirties.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: MojoJojo on December 02, 2020, 10:33:57 AMOh, and one person suggesting he's done it because their aren't any roles for women in their thirties.
Can't a man walk down the street without being offered a starring role in a Hollywood movie for a trans male actor?

idunnosomename

So his amazing idea to replace twitter was to make a Slack group.

Isn't that for work? Speaks volumes really. Suppose discord is too trendy and probably run by woke mra incels

Cuellar

You can put your pronouns in your bio on discord so that's a non-starter

Jumblegraws

He must be so bored and frustrated the way he just barrels through every social media platform going. Has Pope Ted been officially put out its misery yet?

madhair60

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Jumblegraws on December 02, 2020, 10:49:49 AM
He must be so bored and frustrated the way he just barrels through every social media platform going. Has Pope Ted been officially put out its misery yet?

I think like a lot of these long-rumoured revivals that never get off the ground, Pope Ted is that thing we'll occasionally hear about but will never happen. Most revivals also don't have the problem with having their creator be such a toxic person.

Without Dermot Morgan or Frank Kelly I can't imagine it being any good.