Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 21, 2020, 10:56:15 PM
Matthews and Racecar Bed said that in retrospect the Eoin McLove episode (2nd last one I think) was complete bullshit, iirc. Jack had some out of character eloquent, but deranged rant about the old women and Patrick McDonnell, the actor playing McLove, concocted the "I've no willy"[nb]Interesting throwaway considering Glinner's views now...[/nb] bit on the set, which hadn't originally been in the script. That line then got the biggest laugh.

I (Mc)love the Eoin McLove episode!

"I can have you killed"
"She's fell on her arse"
"...........Jim?"

idunnosomename

def comic relief shite. anyway he died, that's it, the GREATEST bunch of lads I think he should be dubbed, only mercy is he doesn't have to deal with fucking glinner

Enzo

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 21, 2020, 11:26:34 PM
I (Mc)love the Eoin McLove episode!

"I can have you killed"
"She's fell on her arse"
"...........Jim?"

My favourite bit of that episode has to be the old lady being pulled by a dolly instead of walking as she approaches Mrs Doyle to get info on Eoin McLove's arrival.

madhair60

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 22, 2020, 03:00:12 AM
What is another round of this drivel going to achieve that the last 500 pages (Jesus fucking wept) hasn't already covered to death. Absolute nadir of the forum. Glad I finally popped that out, almost cathartic.

You're wanting this'n

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,80965.0.html

thr0b

There would definitely have been a not very good crossover where Father Ted Met The Vicar Of Dibley For Comic Relief.

Geraldine would've been on a denominational exchange and took over Craggy Island for a week. How would her chirpy demeanour affect the shopkeepers?

Ted would be in Dibley and hizfxdljnvcxz.mn µn

This shit writes itself.

DrGreggles

neveragain

Quote from: thr0b on July 22, 2020, 10:48:52 AM
There would definitely have been a not very good crossover where Father Ted Met The Vicar Of Dibley For Comic Relief

I genuinely have memories of this but haven't been able to find any evidence, so it could well be false.

thr0b

Quote from: neveragain on July 22, 2020, 01:22:29 PM
I genuinely have memories of this but haven't been able to find any evidence, so it could well be false.

I admit it does sound like something which may have existed. And perhaps it did.

Or perhaps also confusing it with the Ballykissangel crossover. SECOND BEST PRIEST.

Cuellar

graham Lonehand wants YOU'RE children to have an orgasm

thr0b

I suspect that video will be removed from YouTube now that's been highlighted.

It would be a shame if people ripped it from YouTube and uploaded it elsewhere.

Mister Six

God help me for playing Glinner's advocate, but were they definitely not discussing loss of function in adult life post-puberty blocker? I don't know if that's actually a thing, but it's not like fact ever got in the way if Glinner's obsession.

Cuellar

Quote from: Mister Six on July 22, 2020, 02:56:34 PM
God help me for playing Glinner's advocate, but were they definitely not discussing loss of function in adult life post-puberty blocker? I don't know if that's actually a thing, but it's not like fact ever got in the way if Glinner's obsession.

Possibly, but if this is a verbatim quotation, and the ellipsis doesn't cut out 'when they're adults', then he could have worded it better:

Quoteand the fact these children, when they get put on puberty blockers, will not be able to have an orgasm... that's fucking devastating'

dead-ced-dead

So many things bother me about this photo. He still has the Ed Gein shelves, he's so greasy, he still doesn't comb his hair. Surely he knows he's on camera.

Invest in a decent face wash, man.

thr0b

If they're suggesting that it's impossible for people to orgasm after transitioning, then they're very wrong.

It is a fact however that some medication can prevent orgasm. Anti-depressants, for instance have "failure to orgasm" as a common side-effect. If you're lucky, that effect passes after you've got used to the medication. I was lucky.

Until I got used to Citalopram, it was like running a marathon where some bastard kept moving the finishing line a mile further back and eventually you just gave up running and ate chocolate.

JaDanketies

Sometimes the journey is more fun than the destination.

There are quite a lot of women who claim to struggle to orgasm (but they haven't been with JaDanketies). The ones I've talked to about it don't seem to think they're missing out on an awful lot.

I mean, it's crazy how they focus so much on the side-effects of transitioning, but they don't give a shit about a potential and significant side-effect of not transitioning - i.e. being so miserable you kill yourself. Perhaps avoiding suicidal ideation is more important than cumming - I dunno, both matter a lot to me.

Wonder when the last time Glinner got a woman to cum was? Perhaps Helen immediately collapsed into a quivering, throbbing mess of jelly on the floor when Linehan packed his bags and left for the Travelodge. imagine looking at that fuckin neckless blob when you're nearly there

Thursday

Not just aimed at you JaDanketies, but can we try to rise above attacking the way he looks and focus on the horrible things he says and does instead please?

JaDanketies

Quote from: Thursday on July 22, 2020, 04:46:59 PM
Not just aimed at you JaDanketies, but can we try to rise above attacking the way he looks and focus on the horrible things he says and does instead please?

okay. He was a good looking man in the past.

"If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."

apopheniac

I think that's the case, but he's also the one who yelled "groomer" at a teacher (who pointed out that zoom meetings are difficult when people aren't accepted at home). Knowing that, you'd think he'd be more careful when talking about young girls' breasts and ability to orgasm. Comes across as way more creepy than saying "someone's home life might be less safe than a classroom".

Ambient Sheep

Here's a fuller quote, according to the Tweeter (sorry, but life's too short to actually watch this shit):

Quotemy sexual satisfaction is something that keeps me happy in my life. it means a lot to me, and the fact these children, when they get put on puberty blockers, will not be able to have an orgasm... that's fucking devastating

I'm a bit conflicted by this.

On the one hand[nb]Matron![/nb], clearly all the people screaming "paedo" at him never once fiddled with themselves before the age of 18, no sirree.  The hypocrisy of that really grates with me.

On the other, it is indeed a weird angle to fixate on when, as thr0b said, lots of other medications, including antidepressants given to teenagers (ooooh, perhaps for body dysphoria?), can do the same thing.  As usual, everything seen through a weird anti-trans lens rather than a more rounded holistic worldview.

I do get the point though that, combined with the "healthy young breast tissue" stuff, it does make him appear inordinately concerned with... certain matters... that make his calls of "OK Groomer" look particularly hilarious.

Post-Preview EDIT: Yeah, what apopheniac said.

Mister Six

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 22, 2020, 04:21:47 PM
I mean, it's crazy how they focus so much on the side-effects of transitioning, but they don't give a shit about a potential and significant side-effect of not transitioning - i.e. being so miserable you kill yourself.

I think this is the key point here, and it's one they ignore because it blows a massive fucking hole in their "we're the good guys just looking out for these poor doomed souls" narrative. It also speaks to the absurd privilege of these people, that they can think "Well, orgasms are important to me, so it's awful that trans kids can't have them" without considering that perhaps gender dysphoria is a much bigger part of these kids' lives, and maybe sorting out that takes priority for them.

Especially odd if the problem is just that they can't orgasm while on the blockers, since they'll come off that medication when they start to transition, so it's not causing any long-term effect (or at least any long-term effects are likely to be less severe than hating your body and wanting to kill yourself).

JaDanketies

Glinner used to argue that it was out-of-order to point out that terf arguments would lead to kids killing themselves, and would cite the Samaritans guidelines on reporting of suicide as a reason for this. Crappy rebuttal, obviously. It just means 'don't talk about it,' not 'you're wrong.'

I believe the 'sensible and moderate' GC position would be that in a world without gender, there'd be no gender dysphoria. I don't really think it makes much sense. We'd just call it 'sex dysphoria'.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: king_tubby on July 22, 2020, 01:48:32 PM
Um

https://twitter.com/ryanjohnbutcher/status/1285911137972883456?s=19

Quote from: Glinner, allegedly
'my sexual satisfaction is something that keeps me happy in my life. it means a lot to me, and the fact these children, when they get put on puberty blockers, will not be able to have an orgasm... that's fucking devastating'

Okay, let's say he's just being clumsy with his wording and he's not being paedolicious because come on lads, ffs of course he isn't. Let's hear from a trans woman about sex and orgasming pre-transition:

Quote from: ContrapointsWhen I had regular heterosexual sex it was like my soul had to leave my body in order for me to "get the poison out", which is how I thought of it.

https://youtu.be/6czRFLs5JQo?t=1195

He just completely ignores the whole dysphoric aspect of being transgender (yes I know not all trans folk experience dysphoria and they don't all experience it to the same extent). Like he thinks being transgender isn't actually real at all.

Thomas

It's actually not Glinzy who made the specific comment in question, it's his mate Arty.

However, Graham does repeat the words 'have an orgasm, yeah'.

Jollity

I have read accounts by multiple trans people who said that they considered themselves sex-repulsed asexual until they realised they were trans and started with hormones et al. Then they realised that it was just their dysphoria that made sex seem so awful to them. So, you know, some of those closeted trans people might not be having orgasms anyway. But these transphobes have too much ego to realise that other people experience the world differently from them (as an asexual person, orgasms are not that interesting, and not so important that we need to sacrifice anyone's mental health for them, as far as I'm concerned). But it's just another branch similar to the "healthy breast tissue!" in which these people think that the bodies of complete strangers are theirs to control. Also, they really hate the idea that some people might not be getting some. Or rather, that it's not a problem to them that they're not getting any. You can see this in the way Linehan calls everyone who disagrees with him an "incel". "You're not getting any" is the worst insult in the world. Personally, I think that kind of attitude is shared by the actual incels online. They think that not getting hot and nasty is the most emasculating thing in the world, and that their lack of action makes them less of a man physically as well as socially. That's why they're in such a foul mood all the time.

(also, many of them seem to agree with him on trans women ... Linehan is far more of a typical incel than anyone he argues with)