Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daf

If there's such a thing as a 'volcel', I'm probably that -

At around age 11 or 12, I remember being gripped with nauseous fear that I'd soon have to start going to football grounds . . . to watch football games . . . with crowds of football fans . . .  because that's just what everyone did when you reached that age . . . apparently.

Then a year or so after that, for some reason, I twigged this was all a bunch of nonsense - just peer pressure.

This stuff was actually optional - I didn't have to do what everyone else was doing - just because everyone else was doing it. The main thing was to find what I actually enjoyed doing - and just do that.

So when the chat turned round to "who do you fancy?" or "Haven't you got a girlfriend yet?", I just reminded myself about the football, and relaxed.

I did manage to fluke a girlfriend in college once 29 years ago, but I have no great urge to try and replicate that experience with anyone else. *

Still never been to a football match either!

- - - - - - - - -
* (sort of like Patrick Moore after his wife was killed in the war - though without the insane hatred of Germans, or a badly fitting monocle)

QDRPHNC

daf

Hah - of course!

(I was going to say 'Me and Cliff Richard", but I believe he's banging some trendy vicar these days!)

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: daf on July 22, 2020, 09:08:08 PM
If there's such a thing as a 'volcel', I'm probably that -

Volcel i believe is a subset of the MGTOW incel lot and probably isn't a bunch of people you want to be associating with lol

You may be asexual but i don't really have a decent understanding of that so take what i say with a pinch of salt

daf

Fair do's - I had no idea - I thought i'd made it up!

I'm not asexual (as far as I know) - just happy to butter my own parsnip!

- - - - - - - - - -
(apologies for slightly de-railing this thread with my ramblings)

Ambient Sheep

As far as I know, he's just lived with him as a companion for years, nothing more than that.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 22, 2020, 06:44:53 PMOkay, let's say he's just being clumsy with his wording and he's not being paedolicious because come on lads, ffs of course he isn't.

Well of course not.  I didn't mean to imply otherwise.  Sorry to all concerned if it came across that way.

Quote from: Jollity on July 22, 2020, 07:45:19 PMBut it's just another branch similar to the "healthy breast tissue!" in which these people think that the bodies of complete strangers are theirs to control.

Yes!  This is something I meant to say in my earlier post: has it not occurred to him that it's down to the individual person to CHOOSE whether or not they prefer puberty blockers to orgasms?  Y'know, choose for themselves, rather than having Uncle Graham insist that they have orgasms?

It goes back to that whole "protect our wives and children" thing, where he seems to feel the need to exert ownership and control over the inner lives of those concerned, rather than letting them have the agency to take their own decisions.

Quote from: Jollity on July 22, 2020, 07:45:19 PMAlso, they really hate the idea that some people might not be getting some. Or rather, that it's not a problem to them that they're not getting any. You can see this in the way Linehan calls everyone who disagrees with him an "incel"...

Yes.  You will have sex, or at least plenty of orgasms, 'cos it's nice, and that's an order!

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

And again, you'd think an ardent feminist such as Are Graham would know something about toxic masculinity and how one aspect of it is the idea that "real red-blooded men" are always thirsting after fanny and shagging half the town, and the pressure this puts on men. He should at least know about the legend/whore double standard.

madhair60

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: madhair60 on July 23, 2020, 09:11:27 AM
Women can't nut anyway remember?

I have a confession to make....I never thought this was a very good burn on him. I mean it's not that common a term and him not knowing it isn't that surprising, i also think a lot of people who were dunking on him for it probably hadn't heard the term before but were savvy enough to work it out faster than he did.

Don't get me wrong i don't feel sympathy for him but it's not like he hasn't provided us with a plethora of other options to take the piss out of, just think this was a weak one.

idunnosomename

im not sure anyone really thinks he meant "women do not experience orgasm" but whatever. his blunt "nope" in his race to denounce trans ideology is just funny tho

oh look he's off again

QuoteMy experience of the gender debate has been one where, for three years, I have been pointing at a fair old gaggle of atrocities committed against women and children, and everyone keeps talking about my finger.

It's always about how I'm ugly, how my knee shakes, how my stance on these matters has left me isolated/unemployable etc. Believe it or not, none of this is news to me. And none of it answers our points about the importance of sex-segregated spaces to women and girls. None of it touches on the advisability of telling children, sometimes young enough that they still think Santa tumbles down the chimney every year, that it is feasible, even PREFERABLE to be "born in the wrong body".

uhh, this goes on for some time.

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/strategic-ignorance-and-jk-rowling

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: glinnera fair old gaggle of atrocities

By my count there's been about 2 that they've been able to attribute to a trans person that they keep banging on about repeatedly. Everything else they just invent hypothetical situations and claim they are happening every day

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I'm actually disappointed that daf doesnae wear a monocle. I've always pictured him quite proudly wearing one.

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 23, 2020, 12:56:08 PM
im not sure anyone really thinks he meant "women do not experience orgasm" but whatever. his blunt "nope" in his race to denounce trans ideology is just funny tho

oh look he's off again

uhh, this goes on for some time.

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/strategic-ignorance-and-jk-rowling

Amazing to talk about strategic ignorance when minimising what has potential to be the biggest economic shock in the history of capitalism [nb]already against the backdrop of insecure and low paid work (Tip for Glinner, since he's clearly reading - this will absolutely batter women too, in many cases more severely) [/nb] in order to promote a debate about the author of a fucking children's book's opinions as though it's an existential threat.

And that seems to be the point that Harris is making - this is going to be horrible, and for years to come. An opportunity for capital to recast the conditions of work to create a new normal that will persist well beyond the pandemic and associated recession. Likewise the government will use this as a means to shrink access to things that women need - education, child benefits, other publicly funded facilities directly related to women's welfare - like the NHS.

But you know, none of the blue ticks are talking about a piece on Newsnight. It's enough to drive you to a job at The Spectator!

Ambient Sheep

QuoteIt's always about how I'm ugly, how my knee shakes, how my stance on these matters has left me isolated/unemployable etc. Believe it or not, none of this is news to me.

And to be honest, that's a fair enough statement.  Shows self-awareness that I thought he'd lost a long time ago.

QuoteAnd none of it answers our points about the importance of sex-segregated spaces to women and girls

Actually, hundreds of pages ago, a few of us did answer those points (and the other he makes).  But for most people, repeating the same thing over and over again just gets boring.

Briefly, nobody here denies the importance of sex-segregated spaces to women and girls.  We just disagree that 99.9% of trans-women are a threat to that; indeed they need the space as much as any cis-woman, as they're more prone to transphobic violence.

Yes yes yes there'll always be an outlier, like that nutter Yaniv trying to make a racist point, or somebody with a big beard putting on a dress and trying it on for (evil) laughs... but those are vanishingly rare exceptions.  Far rarer than the number of rapists in the cis male population.

As has been said on these threads countless times before, if a cis male sex offender wants to go into the ladies lavs to expose himself or grope some women, he isn't gonna feel the need to put a dress on to do it.

Never forget that Graham's famous "Shut UP!  Fuck OFF!" was in response to somebody (a woman academic I think, BICBW) asking him if there had been a documented increase in sexual assaults in women's toilets since the advent of Self-ID.  So much for answering points and having a sensible discussion.

Ach, there's so much more I wanted to say, including about his other point, but I don't have time right now.  That'll do for now.

Cuellar

Well that's it isn't it. All these people always go on about 'well Rowling should be able to raise these points for a debate', and 'They never answer questions about sex-segragated spaces, they never want to actually discuss the issues'. And people who haven't destroyed their lives over it see this sort of thing from the sidelines and think 'yes, Rowling should be able to discuss these things'.

There's NO END of 'discussion' and 'debate' about this, so many long-form articles taking the 'reasonable concerns' and answering them. But THEY never engage with it. It's just 'Shut UP! Fuck OFF!'

Their inane hashtag #theyneveranswer is just another piece of whopping projection.

And yes, the Yaniv thing is annoying because she LOST the case, so the salon wasn't forced to wax her knackers, so these, at best, trolls, at worst, abusers, can obviously be dealt with using existing processes.

'Yeah but imagine if she hadn't lost. Imagine if YOUR infant daughter was forced at GUNPOINT...GUNPOINT, to wax a grown man's testicles. It's insane and shows how the loony wokey left have just gone too far'

daf

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 23, 2020, 01:29:12 PM
I'm actually disappointed that daf doesnae wear a monocle. I've always pictured him quite proudly wearing one.

Sadly, both my optics are tremendously banjaxed - so I proudly wear a pair of NHS bonocles instead!

idunnosomename

he often makes jokes about how fat and ugly he is, but the self-deprecating acknowledgement of "isolated and unemployable" is really really quite sad.

JaDanketies

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 23, 2020, 03:19:23 PM
he often makes jokes about how fat and ugly he is, but the self-deprecating acknowledgement of "isolated and unemployable" is really really quite sad.

I can take some solace in the fact that I - and countless others - warned him about his future.

Mister Six

Hi Graham, if you're reading this - your unresolved trauma from childhood bullying has led you down this dark path in which you have yourself become a bully. You know this, deep down. Seek a psychiatrist to deal with this stuff, stop externalising it. It's not good for you or anyone else.

phes

jobotic

He should be happy. Those in power are on his side.

You think there'll be any "woke left-wing media" left after a couple of years of this?

His billionaire hero uses her money to silence her critics and she's still the victim.

I really don't know how anyone deals with all this projection and gaslighting. Like those screaming Racist at Corbyn and his allies? How do you stop it? It's terrifying .

dr_christian_troy

I read this whole page thinking it was the Only Fools & Horses thread and was deeply confused for about 5 minutes

daf

Thomas

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: jobotic on July 23, 2020, 06:31:52 PM
He should be happy. Those in power are on his side.

You think there'll be any "woke left-wing media" left after a couple of years of this?

His billionaire hero uses her money to silence her critics and she's still the victim.

I really don't know how anyone deals with all this projection and gaslighting. Like those screaming Racist at Corbyn and his allies? How do you stop it? It's terrifying .

That's the scariest thing, is how "against us" any sort of opposing opinions have been framed in the national press.