Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:11:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 04, 2020, 05:38:13 PM
I like how on Youtube - his apparent primary social media site and presumably where he hoovers up whatever dopamine he can still access - his snoozefest videos all start like:

"....ink it's working now. Is it on? Yes it's working and we're recording. Ooookay. Sooo...."

just like all the best vloggers
So he doesn't even edit?! Wasn't he a writer at some stage?

P.S. Dear Graham, I've written 100 fanfics in various fandoms and brought joy to thousands of people. You spend your time calling teenagers paedophiles.

Bronzy

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 04, 2020, 10:14:55 PM

P.S. Dear Graham, I've written 100 fanfics in various fandoms and brought joy to thousands of people. You spend your time calling teenagers paedophiles.

JaDanketies

I suppose it's even more tragic when you consider that he used to lead the creation of a finely-cut and carefully-sculpted famous TV show and now he's using a screen recorder to videotape Zoom meetings with people who make Tommy Robinson look like an A-lister and then uploading the unedited results to YouTube so they can get as many views as someone's A-level Drama performance

dead-ced-dead

I think all of us individually have brought more joy and happiness to our friends, family and loved ones (and if we have an online footprint of any kind, our customers/fans/etc) than Graham has done to anyone in the last few years.

We've never shouted BEARD at strangers just because they disagreed with us.

earl_sleek

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on September 05, 2020, 12:11:39 AM
We've never shouted BEARD at strangers just because they disagreed with us.

Speak for yourself mate.

tomasrojo

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 04, 2020, 11:05:04 PM
I suppose it's even more tragic when you consider that he used to lead the creation of a finely-cut and carefully-sculpted famous TV show and now he's using a screen recorder to videotape Zoom meetings with people who make Tommy Robinson look like an A-lister and then uploading the unedited results to YouTube so they can get as many views as someone's A-level Drama performance

He has fairly extensive directing credits:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0512627/#director

I don't know enough about directing, but I know someone who works as a director, and he has extensive video editing skills, and is particular about how things he's worked on look and sound.

idunnosomename

I mean directing just means he's in charge of the shoot. Actors' performances, angles and so forth. He should be watching rushes and that but for small comedy stuff you can get away with an incompetent director especially since a lot can be done in post with editing.

All a moot point to discuss what he did back then because it's clear his creative mind has been ruined by his brain rot. It's sad how he has to beg for people to make logos for him, and counts using a meme creator as actual comedy content.

JaDanketies

Glinner was surely deeply interested in how things looked and sounded and was invested in making sure that his ideas were tightly-shot and well-constructed when he was working on things like Big Train and The Fast Show.

Blue Jam

Perhaps, but by the time he was doing The IT Crowd he was asking fans to send in bits for the set, and photos of themselves doing shocked reactions while standing next to famous landmarks for a reaction shot. Perhaps he just got lazy and is now too focused on the ol' transphobia to do all of his work himself.

Actually now you mention it I went to see Linehan's production of The Ladykillers during its Embra run and the set was rather lovely. The interior of Mrs Lopsided's house with crazy angles and proportions and carefully-chosen bits of clutter. I remember some nice little lighting effects for the train heist bit too. I think the original West End run started before The IT Crowd ended though.

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 04, 2020, 11:05:04 PM
now he's using a screen recorder to videotape Zoom meetings with people who make Tommy Robinson look like an A-lister

To think he managed to get Peter Capaldi for the West End run of The Ladykillers. While The Thick Of It was still running and a film adaptation had just been put out. Those days are long behind him.

idunnosomename

I think it shows how different a person he was then and how it's totally unproblematic to like Ted and that.

You'd think someone with this much experience in production could do a little bit of editing but he's just like some random boomer recording his skype calls

Blue Jam

Yes, and The Ladykillers was actually a great little day out. We went and saw the Saturday matinee performance of a nice gentle comedy and went out for dinner afterwards. Then watched the film over a Sunday roast the next day. That was a nice relaxed weekend.

If Glinner was to adapt The Ladykillers now it wouldn't be about a train heist, it would be about a gang of big hairy men who self-identify as women so they can go into women's toilets and literally kill ladies.

jobotic

thr0b

I don't think it's fair to say getting fans to send in reaction shots was lazy as such; it was a way of getting fans involved and on the show. Easier and cheaper than getting stock shots, or paying people to do it, but I think everyone benefited.

Even fitting out the set was a fair usage of people volunteering their time and property for free.

He's still a cunt though.

Mobius

Hang on you have to pay real money just to comment on Glinner's site?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on September 05, 2020, 12:11:39 AM
I think all of us individually have brought more joy and happiness to our friends, family and loved ones (and if we have an online footprint of any kind, our customers/fans/etc) than Graham has done to anyone in the last few years.

Speak for yourself mate.

Jake Thingray

Surely it's clear to the meanest intelligence that Lauren Harries is not "encouraged by activists", but propelled by her desire to be famous, and her dubious family also seeking attention.

lazyhour

dead-ced-dead

Nothing scares the shit out of me more than a new post in this thread, because my immediate thought is, "Oh god, what's he done now?"

idunnosomename

machotrouts

Quote from: JaDanketies on August 26, 2020, 01:46:08 PM
Just made the decision to delete my Twitter account with all 75k followers gone too.

Why did you have 75k followers, if it's not rude to ask? You in BTS or something?

g0m

JaDanketies

Quote from: machotrouts on September 10, 2020, 06:45:31 AM
Why did you have 75k followers, if it's not rude to ask? You in BTS or something?

the account used to be used for marketing, the followers were attained by 'follower churn'. For instance, if you want to get social media shares in Sheffield, then look for Sheffield County Council or Sheffield Wednesday Football Club or something, follow all their followers (using an automated script), and then unfollow all the ones that don't follow you back. A couple of people from Sheffield will then look at your most recent tweets and share a few of them.

You can do this all in a couple of minutes with iMacros for following and ManageFlitter for unfollowing.

Chiefgango

I'm sure Glinner is wetting himself with glee at the new JKRowlingbutsecretlywrittenunderthenameofaninfamousconversiontherapist novel - It features a transgender serial killer!

It's pretty mask-off transphobia when you invoke the oldest transphobic trope in the book isn't it? Full on Silence of the Lambs fan fiction.