Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:19:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Holy shit I cant believe this is still going on, how is he not irrelevant yet??

typeforty

He is. This thread's probably one of the only places outside of his bubble where people are taking any interest in what he has to say.

He's just announced that all men should aspire to be more like Robbie Coltrane, and that Neville Southall is a cunt. Oh, and that James Felton is a "coward" for turning off replies on his Twitter account, oblivious to the fact that Glinner insists that you must in fact  pay him to be allowed to comment on his rambling shite.

JaDanketies

Imagine blogging about someone not having replies on a Tweet, several months after getting banned by Twitter.

Probably the exact same addiction is taking place on an alt account. And he thinks all the fans are interested in his take on the happenings on Twitter so he updates his main blog about it.

It's like an Alan Partridge / Black Mirror crossover.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Small Potatoes on September 15, 2020, 11:36:11 PM
He's just announced that all men should aspire to be more like Robbie Coltrane, and that Neville Southall is a cunt. Oh, and that James Felton is a "coward" for turning off replies on his Twitter account, oblivious to the fact that Glinner insists that you must in fact  pay him to be allowed to comment on his rambling shite.

I only just found out how supportive Neville Southall was of transrights. He seems like a nice guy.

Thomas

He's just announced that all men should aspire to be more like Robbie Coltrane

What, we should aspire to to just blithely remark that we haven't really looked into the issue, but that (as a 70-year-old millionaire, totally insulated from the realities of trans life) we couldn't really give a toss about it?

yeah dead brave

Interesting, Coltrane plays Graham Linehan in the video for Kate Bush's 'Deeper Understanding'.

king_tubby

petril

He's just announced that all men should aspire to be more like Robbie Coltrane, and that Neville Southall is a cunt

Wales 1, Republic of Ireland 0

Kelvin

Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 12:29:47 AM
What, we should aspire to to just blithely remark that we haven't really looked into the issue, but that (as a 70-year-old millionaire, totally insulated from the realities of trans life) we couldn't really give a toss about it?

yeah dead brave

Interesting, Coltrane plays Graham Linehan in the video for Kate Bush's 'Deeper Understanding'.

Kate Bush, Robbie Coltrane, that actress that hated Corbyn, and Noel fucking Fielding. I wonder how many of the video's crew hung themselves in the toilets.

idunnosomename

Why cant more people on twitter be like neville southall. Not contrarian. Just nice.

Amazing what celebrity does to ego most of the time

Blue Jam

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 16, 2020, 11:37:12 AM
Why cant more people on twitter be like neville southall. Not contrarian. Just nice.

Yes, we don't need a nasty right-wing version of Twitter like Gab or Parler, and we don't need a nasty transphobic version like Glindr. We need a nice version. Nevr?

Happy birthday Nev.

Mister Six

Quote from: king_tubby on September 16, 2020, 12:42:34 AM
Neville Southall owns Twitter.

https://twitter.com/NevilleSouthall/status/918608063279616002

I'm a bit shit at Twitter, but it looks like he's taking to himself. Has someone deleted their tweets or something?

MojoJojo

I'm guessing the deleted tweets were from glinner, and they're now hidden because of his ban.

Mister Six

Zetetic

royce coolidge

Neville Southall is a top bloke on many subjects,a good hearted, intelligent person.
Bloody good goalie too.

Bronzy

petril

badaids

Quote from: royce coolidge on September 16, 2020, 05:52:39 PM
Neville Southall is a top bloke on many subjects,a good hearted, intelligent person.
Bloody good goalie too.

He's a complete legend in so many ways - love the man. It's just a shame he's the size of a planetoid and will die from that soon, breaking my heart.  Imagine if that prick Beckham used his fame as a platform the way Nev does, instead of shilling shit for Judas coins.

Bronzy

Jumblegraws

He was live on Youtube today, his old pal Aidan Comerford gives an account in this Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/aidanctweets/status/1306304489796907008?s=21
Quote from: Aidan ComerfordJesus H Christ, transphobia pickles your wits. Today on Youtube, I saw that Glinner was Live (thanks algorithm), and wondering if he had mellowed since his ban, I clicked on the link just in time to hear him advocating imprisoning Ruth Hunt (Ex-CEO, Stonewall) for a month. This was all part of a fantasy forgiveness process, which he actually compared to the Apartheid Truth And Reconciliation Commission, where his former mates could come and apologise to him. Ruth, however, would have to be jailed for her "crimes against lesbians and gay men."I was laughing, but he wasn't joking.

He called this proposal "reasonable."

Thankfully, Helen Stanisland, another "gender-critical," was there to speak sense. She didn't want to see Ruth in jail, of course, only fascists fantasize about jailing their political enem...actually, no, she wanted to see "one of the male trans activists" imprisoned instead. Names were not forthcoming, but one presumes she keeps a list close to her heart. Later on, while wondering why they hadn't "won" yet, she said that "victory" was a world where transitioning would be rare, but when trans women did transition they would happily accept the second-class citizenship of not *really* being women, legally. Arty Morty, the third-wheel in this gender-critical Zoom-call-from-hell, said that the tide would turn "when there are more detransitioners than transitioners."

Then they all asked in turn why no-one was "brave enough" to come and debate them.

I laughed, and turned it off.

Joe Oakes

My main memory of Neville Southall was when he sat on the pitch at Wembley and refused to go back into the changing rooms at half-time in the ZDS Cup final. In his defence (in both senses), it meant spending 15 minutes less of his lifetime with Martin Keown.

Jockice

Quote from: Jumblegraws on September 16, 2020, 10:17:53 PM
He was live on Youtube today, his old pal Aidan Comerford gives an account in this Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/aidanctweets/status/1306304489796907008?s=21

I thought 'this can't possibly be true.' But it actually is. For fuck's sake.

idunnosomename

More detransitioners than transitioners is kinda funny when you think about it

damien

"Six more celebrities... " and then this would be all over?? Is this fucker off his tits or what? He banged on for 2 years about how a high profile celeb coming along would provide 'sunlight, then this will all vanish' so when Rowling piped up he claimed to be 'in tears' because 'the cavalry has arrived'. She's losing thousands of twitter followers a day, her sales have slumped, the people making her films are panicking, and the only semi celeb to stick up for her is David Baddiel! And now he wants six more of them?? Who does he think's coming by to put it alright again; Jimmy Krankie?