Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:53:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

Had a read of his latest blog. It really, really may as well be written in shit. Just fucking nuts.

Blue Jam

He's banging on about that "autistic teenager convicted for asking a question" story again, the same one Gia Milinovich tweeted about before someone pointed out the source she quoted was an extremely biased conservative Christian site and she deleted the tweets. And then sacked this whole TERF thing off.

It's really saying something when the Daily Mail's reporting is less biased:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7943147/Teenage-yob-ordered-pay-compensation-transgender-police-officer-abuse.html

(summary: the "teenager" is a 19-year-old adult and about three times the size of the transman he was bellowing abuse at. Also his "autism" was Asperger's, but in any case autism spectrum disorders do not make people bigoted)

Dr Rock

Wait, is his blog his website? I just looked at that and can't figure out what is the latest post on the stupid thing. Does he have a blog elsewhere? I want to read his version of that Daily Mail piece now.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 17, 2020, 05:28:53 PM(summary: the "teenager" is a 19-year-old adult and about three times the size of the transman he was bellowing abuse at. Also his "autism" was Asperger's, but in any case autism spectrum disorders do not make people bigoted)

First time I saw Glinner talking about this, he was asserting that the young teenager politely asked his mother 'are they are man or a woman?' before finding himself in the dock. When in reality it was a legal adult shouting "is IT a man or a woman," twice, while hanging around with his friend.

If you find yourself lying to support your position then you probably need to take stock about the thin ice your position stands on.

for doctor rock: https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/

latest entry reads like a hardcore unedited stream-of-consciousness, except for the pictures and hyperlinks mean it was actually heavily-edited.

Ferris

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 17, 2020, 05:44:23 PM
Wait, is his blog his website? I just looked at that and can't figure out what is the latest post on the stupid thing. Does he have a blog elsewhere? I want to read his version of that Daily Mail piece now.

Don't waste your time, he's arguing with screenshots of tweets because he's no longer allowed to engage directly. Upwards of 20 "likes" per post. It's tragic.

When was he banned from twitter? July?

JaDanketies

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 17, 2020, 05:49:50 PM
Don't waste your time, he's arguing with screenshots of tweets because he's no longer allowed to engage directly. Upwards of 20 "likes" per post. It's tragic.

When was he banned from twitter? July?

June, it seems:

https://glinner.co.uk/statement-from-graham-linehan/

I don't know why he stopped using his .co.uk site. Likely because it doesn't allow comments. A smart person might used masked forwarding to forward his unused .co.uk to that substack site.

So he has spent a quarter of a year blogging about a website he's banned from.

Jumblegraws

The massive contradiction of bigging up Rowling for apparently defending free speech whilst also bragging about how she litigated a children's educational service into submission is like something from a Titania McGrath tweet (but inherently much funnier).   

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

jesus I'm looking at his latest entry

QuoteRose of Dawn
Ah yes the woman who runs a show called "Trans Stupid", aka the token trans woman Glinner could find to agree with him

QuoteYes, if there's one thing we know about women, they just love swords and knives.
You sexist sack of shit, Glinner. No wonder your wife left you.

QuoteAh, yes, 'Emily'
because all trans women are liars

he then posts a huge twitter thread from Emily in which she tells the truth about how TERF groups are tied in with homophobic and racist groups. Seriously, he screenshots nine tweets just to show how utterly unhinged this OBVIOUS MAN, NOT A REAL WOMAN LIKE ROSE OF DAWN, WHO IS A GOOD TRAN, is, and doesn't seem to realise that everything she's saying is true.

He starts this bizarre rambling post with the following, by the way:
QuoteI genuinely think this is a huge part of the problem

People think we're talking about actual trans people rather than cross-dressers and fetishists.

QuoteThe 'realist nerd' who believes in gendered souls
Sure, fuckclown, you only mean cross-dressers and fetishists, you're fine with real transpeople.

Quotethis is a real feel-good episode of Joe Duffy. Irish feminists are rising up.
By "Irish feminists" he means the one woman who bothered to ring up Joe Duffy to shit herself on air because " the HSE refers to people with a cervix, rather and 'women and trans men', in their literature regarding cervical health and smear testing."

And don't forget that the man who's all Rah Rah Feminism Rah Rah Rah earlier declared that women don't like swords and knives, therefore anybody claiming to be a woman and showing off pix of her swords and knives is a male incel.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 17, 2020, 08:22:08 PM
he then posts a huge twitter thread from Emily in which she tells the truth about how TERF groups are tied in with homophobic and racist groups. Seriously, he screenshots nine tweets just to show how utterly unhinged this OBVIOUS MAN, NOT A REAL WOMAN LIKE ROSE OF DAWN, WHO IS A GOOD TRAN, is, and doesn't seem to realise that everything she's saying is true.

when terfs argue that we need to make women's toilets single-sex for the sake of fundamentalist Muslim women out of one side of their mouths and say Iran turns gay men into trans women cos they're loony Muslims from the other, do you agree with the loony Muslims eh do ya (I've never seen any evidence that the terfs are correct about Iran), it reminds me of those frat-boy misogynists in America who think that rape is a load of overblown nonsense, except for when it's a Muslim raping a Swedish woman.

But the moment I first encountered terfs it was clear that they were using the language of the woke to make anti-woke points. Just like alt-righters highlighting minorities committing crimes against women in Sweden. Nick Griffin talking about LGBT people under threat from Islam one moment and then revealing he agrees with Islamic fundamentalists about LGBT people the next. It's tedious. I'm surprised it ever works.

Jollity

Look up "sword lesbian" on Tumblr and you can find plenty of women who love swords. They're not even all trans. I mean to say, Xena, Warrior Princess is still a big draw for the lesbians. Imagine calling yourself a radical feminist and not even knowing that! Just goes to show how monumentally straight the TERFs all are.

Ferris

God love you but why bother engaging with his output? There's a fella downtown with a megaphone and a board talking about Jesus loving the End Times (that night not be exactly right) and I'm not going to bother arguing with him.

Sensible chuckle, and (now he's been deplatformed and no one else is interested either) carry on. He wants to wind you up - he considers that winning.

#BAMO

Blue Jam

As much as I dislike the person Linehan has become, I had been sincerely hoping that his Twitter ban would do him (and his family) some good. I had hoped that forcing him to step away from the keyboard would make him go cold turkey, take stock of what his life has become, get professional help and start to rebuild his relationships. Instead it's evident that he's still spending a lot of time lurking on Twitter and if anything he seems even more addicted than before. It's genuinely sad and disturbing to see.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 17, 2020, 08:30:41 PM
when terfs argue that we need to make women's toilets single-sex for the sake of fundamentalist Muslim women out of one side of their mouths and say Iran turns gay men into trans women cos they're loony Muslims from the other, do you agree with the loony Muslims eh do ya (I've never seen any evidence that the terfs are correct about Iran), it reminds me of those frat-boy misogynists in America who think that rape is a load of overblown nonsense, except for when it's a Muslim raping a Swedish woman.

But the moment I first encountered terfs it was clear that they were using the language of the woke to make anti-woke points. Just like alt-righters highlighting minorities committing crimes against women in Sweden. Nick Griffin talking about LGBT people under threat from Islam one moment and then revealing he agrees with Islamic fundamentalists about LGBT people the next. It's tedious. I'm surprised it ever works.

Islamophobia and being a TERF (or maybe just white, middle-class feminism in general) are quite linked.

My mum's a TERF and I was talking comics with her and the group and I mentioned Miss Marvel, who is currently a muslim teenager. She then went on to a tangent about how women in Iran who are defying men in Iran and removing their headscarves were the real superheroes. A nice sentiment in general, but it then spiralled into how "Woke-sters want to pretend being tolerant is letting women wear headscarves." It's a kind of thinly veiled Islamophobia disguising itself as being tolerant for muslim women but being used as nothing more than an argument piece.

I know this is a tangent but maybe there's something linked with TERF-dom and Islamophobia.

apopheniac

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 17, 2020, 05:56:10 PM
June, it seems:

https://glinner.co.uk/statement-from-graham-linehan/

I don't know why he stopped using his .co.uk site. Likely because it doesn't allow comments. A smart person might used masked forwarding to forward his unused .co.uk to that substack site.

So he has spent a quarter of a year blogging about a website he's banned from.

But he only allows paid comments on his new site, which is barely a step up from locking comments completely.

Man, I come back thinking "I wonder what Linnerman has to say about this Robbie Coltrane business", and apparently he's not taken a break from spewing hatred at all. That's just depressing.

Has he even made another comedy post, or is he still just lurking Twitter and frothing about how he can't reply any more? I really thought he'd tire without the constant feedback, but I guess not.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: frajer on September 17, 2020, 04:45:13 PM
Had a read of his latest blog. It really, really may as well be written in shit. Just fucking nuts.
I don't know how much leeway substack gives you with formatting, but I hate how the bolded headings he uses make it look like his posts are a mashup of several articles he started writing and then lost interest in after a few sentences (although as I type that I realise that actually might well be his process). Not keen on the unhinged transphobia either.

Ham Bap

Since his removal from Twitter I keep forgetting that Glinner still exists and is a 'thing'.
Used to quite frequently check his Twitter and see what madness was going on.

I wouldnt even give him the pleasure of a click on his website by looking at his latest ramblings of madness from his racecar bed in his Kirk Van Outen shack.
All over one episode of an old TV show which perhaps didnt age well and just wasnt good.
Did it have to be like this Graham?

Blue Jam

And don't forget that the man who's all Rah Rah Feminism Rah Rah Rah earlier declared that women don't like swords and knives, therefore anybody claiming to be a woman and showing off pix of her swords and knives is a male incel.

I just got a Swiss army knife for my birthday. One of the proper smart walnut-handled ones. Bloody gawjus it is. Never mind that it was a thoughtful gift from the lovely Mr Jam, I guess that makes me a male incel!

The only other group who try to police gender to the extent that TERFs do is MRAs, which says a lot about TERFs.

idunnosomename

A reminder that the point of substack is that all the posts are emailed to subscribers and why he uses it over his wordpress blog since july

Prob straight to the spam folder in most cases

JaDanketies

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 18, 2020, 09:41:20 AM
The only other group who try to police gender to the extent that TERFs do is MRAs, which says a lot about TERFs.

feeeeemales

thr0b

He's not lurking on Twitter, not really. He's still there with that other account which is definitely not him despite having the same style of prose and tone.

apopheniac

"How can women have collections of swords and knives, when they obviously need all that space for their shoes?" - Glinner, probably

Always makes me laugh when he talks about feminism, since he wrote an entire series based on "women don't know about computers" featuring such progressive storylines as "women are irrational on their periods" and "women love shoes".

idunnosomename

Wo -man

Noun

Adult human who doesn't like swords and knives

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 21, 2020, 07:29:53 AM
Wo -man

Noun

Adult human who doesn't like swords and knives

Jumblegraws

Quote from: apopheniac on September 21, 2020, 02:47:05 AM
"How can women have collections of swords and knives, when they obviously need all that space for their shoes?" - Glinner, probably

Always makes me laugh when he talks about feminism, since he wrote an entire series based on "women don't know about computers" featuring such progressive storylines as "women are irrational on their periods" and "women love shoes".
I'm sure I remember reading about another episode that had relevance to this topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: apopheniac on September 21, 2020, 02:47:05 AM

Don't forget: Women read Heat magazine and the only men who read it are gay.

One from Father Ted: Women don't understand football and need a guidebook written for them to get it.

Jumblegraws

His meme'ng is so relentlessly rubbish that if he were sane I'd assume it was deliberate shitness in the vein of Chris (Simpsons artist).