Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:46:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards

Started by madhair60, July 21, 2020, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damien

'Finally' he can say it??

I note there's no particular justification for IT nor any 'failed comedian' stuff, just that our Gra doesn't like him.

thr0b

John Oliver has a show on UK telly. The show is current, not a decades old repeat.

I think John is doing just fine, Graham.

Jerzy Bondov

Graham could quite easily have made millions directing sitcoms in America but decided to spend his time harassing trans teens online instead so of course he's jealous of John Oliver.

idunnosomename

christ his piece on stephanie hayden is long. imagine being his solicitor and having to deal with this shit. well, at least they're cleaning him out so much he'll end up needing to borrow more than just a feeling

Rich Uncle Skeleton

frajer

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 30, 2020, 01:40:46 PM
christ his piece on stephanie hayden is long. imagine being his solicitor and having to deal with this shit.

He's just showing off to Rowling again. "Look, I'm desperately in need an editor too. Twinsies!"

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on September 30, 2020, 01:39:51 PM
Graham could quite easily have made millions directing sitcoms in America but decided to spend his time harassing trans teens online instead so of course he's jealous of John Oliver.

And that's the most comi-tragic thing, that's easily where his career was going up until he became a crazy person. The IT Crowd became one of the early examples of Americans picking up a show on VOD and giving it a cult fanbase, he then directed a few episodes of an American sitcom. It looked like it was only up from there.

Jerzy Bondov

Rather than do my actual work today, I decided to have a look at the signatories on the letter in support of transphobia. Specifically their ages. I found 41 of the 58. There are a few more I could take a fair guess at but to be fair to all I'll leave them out.

Based on the available data, the mean age of the people signing the letter is 60.

Mister Six

Poor John Oliver, trapped in his critically acclaimed HBO show of seven years, with only his 20 primetime Emmys, 5 PGA awards, 5 WGA awards, 3 Television Critics Association awards, 2 Peabody awards, 6 other awards and wife to comfort him. :(

chveik

he's a fuckwit but obviously not for the reason Glinner thinks

idunnosomename

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on September 30, 2020, 03:28:17 PM
Rather than do my actual work today, I decided to have a look at the signatories on the letter in support of transphobia. Specifically their ages. I found 41 of the 58. There are a few more I could take a fair guess at but to be fair to all I'll leave them out.

Based on the available data, the mean age of the people signing the letter is 60.
it's amazing on a list of 58, there are 17 signatories who it isnt clear who the fuck they are

frajer

Quote from: Mister Six on September 30, 2020, 05:03:56 PM
Poor John Oliver, trapped in his critically acclaimed HBO show of seven years, with only his 20 primetime Emmys, 5 PGA awards, 5 WGA awards, 3 Television Critics Association awards, 2 Peabody awards, 6 other awards and wife to comfort him. :(

But does John Oliver sleep in a racing car? Advantage, Glinman.

jamiefairlie

You know that all the shit Linehan is spouting now will become the Tory weapons of the next election right? He's the rabble rouser to test the waters as Farage was for Brexit. They'll need a culture war when Brexit is done and this lines up all the right targets as far as they are concerned.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Paul Calf

Came here to talk about that. John Cleese has signed it. The world would be a better place - and  John Cleese would have a shining legacy - if he'd only died about 15 years ago.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Paul Calf on September 30, 2020, 05:52:36 PM
Came here to talk about that. John Cleese has signed it. The world would be a better place - and  John Cleese would have a shining legacy - if he'd only died about 15 years ago.

He might not agree, the boomer cunt.

Cuellar

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Cuellar on September 30, 2020, 11:24:25 PM
Does he?!

Sky broadcast Last Week Tonight, so i guess so.

also notice he picked up some voice work on that shite Lion King remake so he's rolling in the Disney cash too

thr0b

Quote from: Cuellar on September 30, 2020, 11:24:25 PM
Does he?!

Aye, Sky Comedy has picked up quite a few of the US late night shows, some in re-versioned forms for international viewers, but mostly broadcast the day after the US, as is traditional.

(arguably they could simulcast them overnight with the US, and then have them available on demand during the day. But they don't.)

petril

Quote from: thr0b on October 01, 2020, 09:57:49 AM
Aye, Sky Comedy has picked up quite a few of the US late night shows, some in re-versioned forms for international viewers, but mostly broadcast the day after the US, as is traditional.

(arguably they could simulcast them overnight with the US, and then have them available on demand during the day. But they don't.)

and they already have the setup for it. a generation of wrestling fans has an encyclopedic knowledge of Sky Sports cricket trailers as a result

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on September 30, 2020, 03:28:17 PM

Yeah once you realise it's an age thing it all makes sense. Everyone has a level of social liberalism they're comfortable with and it's probably whatever the mores were at the time they grew up. Simple as that.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 01, 2020, 02:03:27 PM
Yeah once you realise it's an age thing it all makes sense. Everyone has a level of social liberalism they're comfortable with and it's probably whatever the mores were at the time they grew up. Simple as that.
Generally yeah. Although the counter-letter now has Shirley Hughes, 93.

JaDanketies

81-year-old Margaret Atwood is also woke and presumably has been for decades. I feel like the whole tolerance thing that people in their 30s and 40s taught us about in school two or three decades ago runs contrary to terfism.

Goldentony

Imagine John Cleese came out his own arse and couldn't accept what happened

neveragain

I was saddened by his comments that 'being woke' automatically means you're a virtue-signalling Mary Whitehouse-style self-appointed guardian of public morals rather than accepting the tiniest possibility that people are able to have empathy for the situations of others.

thr0b

Being "Woke" just means to not be a cunt to others for no good reason. I can't see how that lot have managed to turn basic decency into a negative.

JaDanketies

Woke means that you are aware of the oppression that exists throughout society. So if you're proudly unwoke then you are saying being ignorant to oppression is a good thing.

Zetetic

Want a chart showing age and gender of the two sets of signatories.

Can't be fucked to produce it.