Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"A OWL?" - Rewatching PhoneShop

Started by The Mollusk, July 22, 2020, 03:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 23, 2020, 10:58:03 AM
Fuck, Andrew Brooke was the robot gunslinger in A Town Called Mercy
I think Andrew Brooke is in everything. I started something on Prime the other day and there he was, bold as brass. So, that's two things.

I would say he is the most commonly seen actor whose name I can never remember.

paruses

Got back into it the other day - last one of S2 and first half of S3.

Is that (S2.6 - Elite Selling Crew ep) the last we see of Razz Prince? Absolute corker of an episode. For the last month I have been walking around saying "block. And your dead" but will now be doing the Expect the Unexpected bit for a while.

Had forgotten thats where the wisdom "if you buy a 30 grand car for 3 grand you gonna get trouble" comes from.

S3 is really good too. Think the opening ep didn't push my buttons but the double skunk and the dog and Lance's baby were great. They seem to have given Emma Fryer more to do so am bewitched by her eye, nose, and mouth acting.

It's a different Shelsley too.

paruses

Is he a "gangly" British actor though? He seems pretty well built and slightly thuggish in all the roles I can think of. He's clinging onto that hairline too. Good for him.

The Mollusk

Moments after giving her the brave little smile.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I've not read all of this thread, but can someone name the other things Andrew Brooke has been in? Was he in " Peep Show"? If so, who did he play? It's driving me spare trying to think what else he was in.

paruses

He really is in everything but nothing you can name.

Think he was in Babylon (police thing on C4). Will try and think harder. He seems to play firearms officers a lot, I think.

metaltax

He was in Pulling as the chef at the cafe. Oleg?

Mobius

He was also in the crap David Brent movie as the Finchy one, alongside the other guy from Phoneshop.

And the barman from Inbetweeners when Jay pretends to be Australian

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Barman from " The Inbetweeners" ! Reduces Will to ordering roast dinners and pints of cider! That's the one!

I'm probably remembering him from that crap David Brent film you've also mentioned, too.

paruses

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 23, 2020, 10:01:30 PM
Barman from " The Inbetweeners" ! Reduces Will to ordering roast dinners and pints of cider! That's the one!

I'm probably remembering him from that crap David Brent film you've also mentioned, too.

Oh yea - the barman.

Also guests with Mr Bennett 's son in Afterlife - don't remember them from terrible David Brent film but same characters I assume.

He's the increasingly-exasperated guy trying to buy a car part from Errol in 15 Storeys High as well.

Norton Canes

Fucking hell, Sleepyman... don't remember that one.

Norton Canes

Captain Z

The Sleepyman is my favourite episode. Both opening scenes with Jerwaine and Ashley then Janine and Chris in separate cafés are amongst the best they ever did.

Quote from: Captain Z on September 15, 2020, 08:31:45 PM
The Sleepyman is my favourite episode. Both opening scenes with Jerwaine and Ashley

No, I beg you don't cry.

The Mollusk

Jerwayne completely losing his shit in the cafe at the start is absolute top shelf angry comedy.

ASFTSN

Quote from: Captain Z on September 15, 2020, 08:31:45 PM
The Sleepyman is my favourite episode. Both opening scenes with Jerwaine and Ashley then Janine and Chris in separate cafés are amongst the best they ever did.

There's a certain turn of phrase I can't remember right now that always makes me laugh when he's talking to Jerwayne's lady and she tells him the weird way he sleeps. Something like "Oh yeah? Ok that is unusual I will grant you."