Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:50:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Calling out the fannies who said this was no big deal

Started by Chedney Honks, July 22, 2020, 07:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

I do remember saying it seemed like it was just like a flu.

Oops.

Icehaven

A few days before lockdown properly started the local papers were showing pictures of 'deserted' Birmingham city centre which had clearly been taken at 6am, and I expressed some cynicism about how they seemed to be exaggerating what was going on seeing as I'd been there myself the same days in the afternoons and it was still totally normal. If they'd just waited a week or so they wouldn't have had to be so careful when they took the photos (other than the fact of being there to take them in the first place).

DrGreggles

Still have plenty of bog roll. Haven't bought any since February.

Dex Sawash

I remember a month or so ago when masks were showing  up in stores and thinking "nah, you're alright"

shiftwork2

I flew back from Spain in early Feb and was greatly amused by a total ass clown on the plane wearing a face mask.

Actually there's a fair chance I brought coronavirus into the UK.  Sorry about that.

non capisco

I remember saying out loud to other human beings in March "I hope I catch it sooner rather than later so I can get it over with." Actively wishing covid on myself like a complete fucking weapon. A wee uninformed slip of a lad, gambolling about like a carefree lamb. Remember those sun dappled days of March, CaB? Parasite had just been out in the cinemas, that was good, wasn't it? Tiger King, remember him? "Grrrrrrrrrrr, I hate that Carole Baskin!", that was his catchphrase! They called it coronavirus then, they didn't call it Covid-19, that came later.

Bazooka

We didn't drag people into their homes and solder the doors just fast enough like China did.

Our plasterer was telling me this morning that it's all overblown, it's just like flu and that the summer will kill it off. That's where I was four months ago.

Gonna have to Domestos my whole house from top to bottom tonight.

mr. logic

Sherringford Hovis

Love how everyone still thinks it's a pandemic. It isn't - it's an endemic now. Like the poor, it will always be with us.

Brundle-Fly

Me thinking in December.
"Come on, we've had SARS, swine flu, bird flu, etc in recent years and my the world didn't turn upside down."

My mate knew the doctor who was in charge of getting the vaccines ready for the bird flu pandemic and he used to reel off in company that immortal doomy phrase, "It's not a question of 'if it happens...', it's a question of 'when it happens...".  I bet he's not as smug these days after backing the wrong virus.