Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:34:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v2: a beige loafer stamping on a human face forever

Started by pancreas, July 23, 2020, 12:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoyzaSorris

Buelligan

Quote from: thugler on July 24, 2020, 02:59:29 PM
Perhaps actually bother to explain why.

Apart from things like backing Keith and then twisting every way you can to excuse his behaviour?

Maybe failing to appreciate that, if the Labour Party issues a legal document stating that named individuals have acted, not only legally or appropriately but actively positively well, you'll have no chance at all of saying those same named people are a bunch of conniving cunts - even if you have evidence of it in their own words.  Issuing that statement indicates to me that either Keith is extremely stupid or he's actively working to protect those individuals.

BlodwynPig

pancreas

Quote from: thugler on July 24, 2020, 02:36:28 PM
So she's a fucking idiot now? Yet we should all have voted for her apparently.

I think you'll find that we said at the time she was a fucking idiot. This was part of her appearance in front of the event organised by JLM where she described herself as a Zionist. As did Nandy. Even Keith wasn't that stupid. And we would be calling her an idiot now if she had got elected and done the same thing.

That doesn't stop her from being the best of a bad lot, by far.

jobotic

Just Flung a Fiver For Jezza

https://gf.me/u/yhkz9a

It's at £156,000 now.

Those who say it's because we are desperate are people who have no concept of solidarity.

Thomas

Quote from: jobotic on July 24, 2020, 03:41:38 PM
Just Flung a Fiver For Jezza

https://gf.me/u/yhkz9a

It's at £156,000 now.

Those who say it's because we are desperate are people who have no concept of solidarity.

Seen a few asking 'why donate to this when you could be donating to a foodbank?????'

Well, a) you can donate to both, and many more besides if you have the cash, and b) do these people barge into cafes demanding to know why everybody's spending their money on coffee at that particular moment instead of good causes?

Buelligan

Any work or money given to politics (or anything else that doesn't directly benefit selected good causes) could be condemned in that way, as you point out Thomas.  I mean, why give to a foodbank (where possible miscreants might receive succour) when you can give your money directly to God (who is far wiser than us and will know just how to spend it)?

honeychile

Quote from: Thomas on July 24, 2020, 03:57:44 PM
Seen a few asking 'why donate to this when you could be donating to a foodbank?????'

Well, a) you can donate to both, and many more besides if you have the cash, and b) do these people barge into cafes demanding to know why everybody's spending their money on coffee at that particular moment instead of good causes?

And also, because c) if everyone stood with Corbyn and supported the political project which he spearheaded, THERE WOULD BE NO NEED FOR FUCKING FOOD BANKS.

honeychile

Fucking hell, you ain't even lying. And Brian Eno chipping in handsomely:

NoSleep

Quote from: thugler on July 24, 2020, 02:36:28 PM
So she's a fucking idiot now? Yet we should all have voted for her apparently.

She was the decent choice. It was apparent that she was the decent choice and that Warmer would do what we see he is doing now, we warned you, and it was obvious. You believed the liar.

jobotic

Is it wise to donate as Rachel Riley or Kier Starmer?

There'll be legal action taken...it's quite the latest thing.

Thomas

Quote from: honeychile on July 24, 2020, 04:12:22 PM
Fucking hell, you ain't even lying. And Brian Eno chipping in handsomely:

Is there any way to verify that certain high-profile names are genuine? I mean, that's a lot of cash for a perfectly believable fake name, and I don't doubt that Eno might contribute - he did shell out for Corbyn's hat.

It's just that I also saw a B. Netanyahu chipping in a tenner earlier.

ZoyzaSorris

Barry Netanyahu, he lives down the road from me, always have to have a word with him, singing 'Oooh Jeremy Crobbins' at all hours of the day and night.

Quote from: jobotic on July 23, 2020, 10:18:50 PM
You proud of the way your lot are behaving?

Yes you probably are.

My lot? Wouldn't say that. 

Anyway not sure what to make of this.  I do like Starmer, he's head and shoulders above grandad as a leader, but all this infighting isn't doing anyone any good, apart from the torys.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on July 24, 2020, 07:45:58 PM
Anyway not sure what to make of this.  I like do Starmer but all this infighting isn't doing anyone any good, apart from the torys.

But what does unity bring? One of the biggest obstacles to any sort of left-wing awakening in this country is smug, centre-right hacks obfuscating left ideas by pretending they are as far left as it gets.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on July 24, 2020, 07:45:58 PM
My lot? Wouldn't say that. 

Anyway not sure what to make of this.  I do like Starmer, he's head and shoulders above grandad as a leader, but all this infighting isn't doing anyone any good, apart from the torys.

We know what you are.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-leak-report-corbyn-election-whatsapp-antisemitism-tories-yougov-poll-a9462456.html

Do you understand? We know what you are.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 24, 2020, 07:52:37 PM
But what does unity bring? One of the biggest obstacles to any sort of left-wing awakening in this country is smug, centre-right hacks obfuscating left ideas by pretending they are as far left as it gets.

You can't really control what individual hacks write.  But surely unity within the party is required to bring about a common purpose, which should be kicking the Torys out?  That should be the ultimate focus, no?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 24, 2020, 08:05:01 PM
We know what you are.

Erm OK.  Do you know what the electorate are?   You know, everyone who voted labour all thier lives, but couldn't and wouldn't vote for Corbyn? Are they all "centrist scum" as well?

Schrodingers Cat

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on July 24, 2020, 08:02:58 PM
But surely unity within the party is required to bring about a common purpose, which should be kicking the Torys out?  That should be the ultimate focus, no?

Wrong. This is what the Labour right, and self defined centrists don't get. Winning the election and booting out the Tories is step one - it's part of the ultimate focus. The focus should be on building a fairer (and more sustainable) society. Too many like you see politics as a game, in which all that matters is "my side won", without the follow up of "what does that mean?", and "what are we going to do with power now we have it?". There is no value whatsoever in a Labour victory if all it does is enact 90% of Tory policies, only slightly less so. Apologetically selling off the NHS rather than triumphally. Cutting services with a heavy heart instead of a grin. Only ever representing the bosses over the workers, because it's the only sensible solution.

Arguably its worse than a Tory win in the long term, as it presents itself as being in the interests of the people whilst actively fighting against them. And completely shuts down dissenting leftist voices and opinions, which a true centrist should want. The Tories aren't going to stop being right wing. The left needs a voice in British politics or we will continue to slide rightwards, which the shortsighted Labour right either don't understand, or actively want.

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on July 24, 2020, 08:20:48 PM
Wrong. This is what the Labour right, and self defined centrists don't get. Winning the election and booting out the Tories is step one - it's part of the ultimate focus. The focus should be on building a fairer (and more sustainable) society. Too many like you see politics as a game, in which all that matters is "my side won", without the follow up of "what does that mean?", and "what are we going to do with power now we have it?". There is no value whatsoever in a Labour victory if all it does is enact 90% of Tory policies, only slightly less so. Apologetically selling off the NHS rather than triumphally. Cutting services with a heavy heart instead of a grin. Only ever representing the bosses over the workers, because it's the only sensible solution.

Arguably its worse than a Tory win in the long term, as it presents itself as being in the interests of the people whilst actively fighting against them. And completely shuts down dissenting leftist voices and opinions, which a true centrist should want. The Tories aren't going to stop being right wing. The left needs a voice in British politics or we will continue to slide rightwards, which the shortsighted Labour right either don't understand, or actively want.

Do you honestly belive that Starmer would enact 90% of Tory polices?  I just don't think you're being realistic here.  The hard left don't seem willing to compromise on anything.  It's either 100% or nothing - nothing being Tory rule.  If you're happy with that, then that's your prerogative.  I'm not.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on July 24, 2020, 08:20:48 PM

This is a brilliant post articulated much better than I could put it. Wonderful.

Yes, I am going to either badly paraphrase it or perhaps even wholesale cut and paste it in arguments elsewhere, cheers.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on July 24, 2020, 08:29:12 PM
Do you honestly belive that Starmer would enact 90% of Tory polices?  I just don't think you're being realistic here.  The hard left don't seem willing to compromise on anything.  It's either 100% or nothing - nothing being Tory rule.  If you're happy with that, then that's your prerogative.  I'm not.

Define hard left. Corbynistas aren't in fact Baader-Meinhof.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 24, 2020, 08:33:10 PM
Define hard left. Corbynistas aren't in fact Baader-Meinhof.

I would say a couple of characteristics include those who aggressively define people with a moderate view who don't share their ideological purism as "centrist scum", and who isn't willing to compromise on their ideals.

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 24, 2020, 08:30:15 PM
This is a brilliant post articulated much better than I could put it.

Agreed! Better than I could put it as well I mean.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on July 24, 2020, 08:39:00 PM
I would say a couple of characteristics include those who aggressively define people with a moderate view who don't share their ideological purism as "centrist scum", and who isn't willing to compromise on their ideals.

This capitulating is the reason the centre only moves rightwards.

Throughout my life, Labour's greatest achievements have been to hit the pause button on Tory policy. That's not good enough.

Jeremy's mate has been busy today!

QuoteWiley
@WileyCEO

Jewish people you are cowards and you can't chat to me Cos I am the boss