Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v2: a beige loafer stamping on a human face forever

Started by pancreas, July 23, 2020, 12:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 14, 2020, 06:46:38 PM
'Legislative hooliganism', another whizz cracker from Man of the People Ed Miliband. That rejoinder is going to be echoing round pubs across the nation tonight as they whimper into their sanitized booths.

They are vandals, this lot, though. I think the left missed a trick in not comparing the huge destruction wreaked by those responsible for the 2008 economic crisis with the limited destruction caused by the rioters in 2011.

kittens

what's the betting this "member of starmer's household" is his maid's assistant

Johnny Yesno

pancreas

Quote from: notjosh on September 14, 2020, 04:28:17 PM
I don't comment much on these threads because it can get a bit aggressive, but thought I'd throw my opinion into the balance for what it's worth.

I totally get where Kelvin and others are coming from. As someone who dearly loved Corbyn and was a bit heartbroken by the way he was treated by large sections of the British public, I don't think his communication skills were above criticism.

I think he actually dealt with the gammons fine.

The main problem he always seems to have is that his non-angry stuff, his 'understanding' tone, has no fucking rhythm to it. Far too much anaphora, with weird emphasis. Often managed to come across as smarmy and insincere. I can look past it, because the words are good and there's analysis and knowledge behind it—which is rare as fuck in politicians. One would have thought he could have had some training. The angry stuff was always much better.

Anyway, this is better than nothing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54153771

Meagre pickings, though.

BlodwynPig

He can call for it but he'll need Marcus Rashford to seal the deal.

plus. are you criticising someone for their speech impediment?

holyzombiejesus

Got to some Jess Phillips bits in Left Out. There's a bit where it states that Cherie Blair absolutely idolised her and "love-bombed" her with emails, and another bit where she promises Lucinda Berger that if she (Berger) ever left the Labour Party then she would follow her immediately. I've never read a book more chock full of cunts. Weirdly, for something obviously intended to stir shit for Corbyn, he comes out of it pretty well. A little too timid at times maybe and seemingly not remotely arsed about Brexit, but he's a saint compared to the gallery of wankers. I hate Ian Austin more than any tory that has ever lived. He's behind so much, shit-stirring then stepping back in to the shadows when it hits the fan.

pigamus

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 15, 2020, 12:34:26 PM
Got to some Jess Phillips bits in Left Out. There's a bit where it states that Cherie Blair absolutely idolised her and "love-bombed" her with emails, and another bit where she promises Lucinda Berger that if she (Berger) ever left the Labour Party then she would follow her immediately. I've never read a book more chock full of cunts. Weirdly, for something obviously intended to stir shit for Corbyn, he comes out of it pretty well. A little too timid at times maybe and seemingly not remotely arsed about Brexit, but he's a saint compared to the gallery of wankers. I hate Ian Austin more than any tory that has ever lived. He's behind so much, shit-stirring then stepping back in to the shadows when it hits the fan.

Whenever you find yourself getting wound up by Ian Austin, this link should cheer you up. https://twitter.com/search?q=ian%20austin%20dogs&src=typed_query

king_tubby

olliebean

Quote from: kittens on September 14, 2020, 08:07:00 PM
what's the betting this "member of starmer's household" is his maid's assistant

One of his kids caught it at school, apparently. Karma at work, there.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Starmer: 'This government lacks incompetence *checks himself*.... Yes That's right, it lacks competence'

What an orator.

greencalx

Talking of competence, our CLP seems to have set up some sort of MS Team for the members. What they don't seem to have realised is that the email address for the team, which was the account that the welcome email was sent from, goes out to everyone in the Team. Cue a hundred messages saying "Unsubscribe" - "Please don't reply to all" - "Please don't reply to all to tell everyone not to reply to all" - "Please don't tell people not to reply to all to tell everyone not to reply to all because we all get spammed this way".

Would never have happened under Corbyn.

greencalx

Actually we've now had a message to say that this wasn't set up by the local CLP.... hmmm, data breach? How long until Momentum is blamed?

Blinder Data

Rayner vs Johnson today at PMQs, so it's probably worth watching to see what we could have had/might have in the future.

ZoyzaSorris

Consignia

Tom Watson shows what a principled anti-gambling campaginer he is by taking a near 6 figure sum to be an advisor at Paddy Power:

https://www.ft.com/content/22c695d8-02e6-4b95-b517-8e33c6eb7dd3

pigamus

Quote from: Blinder Data on September 16, 2020, 10:24:01 AM
Rayner vs Johnson today at PMQs, so it's probably worth watching to see what we could have had/might have in the future.

I noticed Aaron Bastani lavishing her with praise on Twitter, which was interesting.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Consignia on September 17, 2020, 12:33:06 PM
Tom Watson shows what a principled anti-gambling campaginer he is by taking a near 6 figure sum to be an advisor at Paddy Power:

https://www.ft.com/content/22c695d8-02e6-4b95-b517-8e33c6eb7dd3

fucking kidding me. Jesus Christ

Sebastian Cobb

Paul Calf

"Near 6 figures". So 99k at the most. Cheap, bent, grifting cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

More money than he made as an MP and probably fewer hours than he spent doing the antitheses of his job as deputy.

king_tubby

Slating Tom Watson is leftie iconoclasm. Harsher criticisms could be made about the prophet Mohammed and it feels to me like those who would be willing to cancel Tom Watson would recoil from criticism of Mohammed.

holyzombiejesus

The thought of Watson and Ian Austin going round to Peter Mandelson's house for a barbeque and a discussion about how to fuck up Corbyn's Labour makes me want to wish death on all involved.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 17, 2020, 02:11:37 PM
The thought of Watson and Ian Austin going round to Peter Mandelson's house for a barbeque and a discussion about how to fuck up Corbyn's Labour makes me want to wish death on all involved.

Does Mandelson have a dog then?

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 17, 2020, 02:11:37 PM

It makes me want to cry.

The future is bleak. Politics is jam packed with establishment-bought gatekeepers.

We are unlikely to get another Corbyn... And if we did, they would fire torpedoes at the party to take them down.

king_tubby

JaDanketies

Quote from: king_tubby on September 17, 2020, 02:09:22 PM
Slating Tom Watson is leftie iconoclasm. Harsher criticisms could be made about the prophet Mohammed and it feels to me like those who would be willing to cancel Tom Watson would recoil from criticism of Mohammed.

I don't think it's possible to commit iconoclasm against Tom Watson.

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 17, 2020, 02:12:19 PM
Does Mandelson have a dog then?

He got some in just for Ian, it's the only thing he'll eat.

Imagine a barbecue, or any event, where Mandelson is the nicest person there.  Fucking grim, that.  Grim but nevertheless, true.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I don't recall the Prophet Mohammed appearing as a candidate for Deputy Leader in the 2015 leadership elections.