Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:51:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v2: a beige loafer stamping on a human face forever

Started by pancreas, July 23, 2020, 12:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 04, 2020, 01:15:08 PM
https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/maajid-nawaz/momentum-left-wing-hijacked-labour-jeremy-corbyn/

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 04, 2020, 03:22:07 PM
Labour are whipping to abstain on the bill to allow MI5 and police to commit crimes on home soil. This is like the MI5 equivalent of the torture bill.

https://twitter.com/bencsmoke/status/1312720494546870272
Please, people who believe in left-wing ideals, join an organisation that actually agrees with you.

holyzombiejesus

https://twitter.com/LGBTCons/status/1312429120287059970

Why are the tory LGBT+ publicising two straight MPs (one of whom slagged off a woman for looking like a tranny with a hangover) miming to a Taylor Swift song?

Why hasn't everyone involved in this hanged themselves in shame?

I bet DD ends up on HIGNFY.

idunnosomename

Rosie Duffield really going out of her way to prove that centrists are unequivocally utterly apalling people

Also lol the critic covers are going to become a british ben garrison

pigamus

Blinder Data

Nearly at 100 pages - new name suggestions?

"Tough on Corbyn, tough on the causes of Corbyn"

I'm sure you can do better than that

Paul Calf

idunnosomename

Quote from: pigamus on October 05, 2020, 02:19:08 PM
The hell's happened to RLB's face? Has she had a stroke?
that's lisa nandy, she always looks like that

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 05, 2020, 02:54:33 PM

I think she's fast becoming the one they send out to announce bad stuff so her face will be synonymous with bad news.

Jockice

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 05, 2020, 02:54:33 PM

Brief return to this page.

I was trying to work out who it was. I thought it was a crap Ash Sarkar.

Bye again.

Sebastian Cobb

Looks like the Spy Cops bill could've been thwarted by Labour.

https://labourlist.org/2020/10/19-labour-mps-defy-party-whip-to-vote-against-licence-to-kill-bill/

Also interesting that it seems people from the right of the party also had reservations with it but lacked the fortitude to rebel. Or in other words Ham Cop autocratically told them to abstain on something quite bad 'cos he's a friend of the spooks.

Sebastian Cobb

I saw Nadia Whittome's response and it was very similar to the torture one, which is fair enough. She's a good egg.

Sad to see no RLB on that. Shame to see Louise Haigh didn't oppose either seeing as she was quite good (as an ex special constable) at calling for curbs to police surveillance and is also presiding over things like policing in NI. She followed the whip on torture last time. Odd as she seemed to not pick a side in the Corbyn thing.

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 06, 2020, 10:34:58 AM
I saw Nadia Whittome's response and it was very similar to the torture one, which is fair enough. She's a good egg.

Sad to see no RLB on that. Shame to see Louise Haigh didn't oppose either seeing as she was quite good (as an ex special constable) at calling for curbs to police surveillance and is also presiding over things like policing in NI. She followed the whip on torture last time. Odd as she seemed to not pick a side in the Corbyn thing.

She did urge her constituents to vote for Owen Smith in his leadership challenge though. I know this because one of my mates is a Labour activist in Heeley and he saw this as a big turning point. Which it obviously wasn't. He's now a big Starmerite, the gullible sod.

Mr_Simnock

Great speech by Zarah there, this bill is the work of a tin pot dictator.

Thomas

Zarah is marvellous. I wish someone like herself or Nadia were my MP.

Unfortunately mine is a Tory made of dust, a human wardrobe idly following the government line, whose name always appears on those viral lists of MPs who've voted for terrible things.[nb]
Spoiler alert
no it's not Starmer
[close]
[/nb]

bgmnts

Fucking hell there's nobody there.
One of the most brilliant speeches in modern politics and she may as well have been talking to a wall.

idunnosomename

Proper grown-up politics here. You rabble will never understand and appreciate it.

phantom_power

#StarmerOutstanding is trending on Twitter. Apparently we should all stand by the Labour leader and ignore all his faults because he is the only chance of getting the Tories out. I don't remember these mealy-mouthed cunts being that vocal about getting behind the last Labour leader.

Right now it seems to just be enough for him to be the leader of the opposition for him to get praise. Anything he does or doesn't do is pretty much ignored

Paul Calf

A human rights barrister who whipped his MPs to wave through a bill legalising torture and one legalising murder by state agents.

imitationleather

Oh God, we're in trouble now. If they've got a hashtag then there's no stopping them.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on October 06, 2020, 08:11:26 PM
Right now it seems to just be enough for him to be the leader of the opposition for him to get praise. Anything he does or doesn't do is pretty much ignored

Said this a while back but it's exactly the same as this in the US: https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1310669985421942787

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 06, 2020, 08:16:23 PM
A human rights barrister who whipped his MPs to wave through a bill legalising torture and one legalising murder by state agents.

#StarmerOutstandingCUNT