Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v2: a beige loafer stamping on a human face forever

Started by pancreas, July 23, 2020, 12:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 01, 2020, 04:48:03 PM

Does she only make Twitter posts? does she shower, do work? what a Wally. Public money wasted on Twitter addicts. Get rid of it.

king_tubby

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 01, 2020, 06:06:39 PM
Does she only make Twitter posts? does she shower, do work? what a Wally. Public money wasted on Twitter addicts. Get rid of it.

No, she also breaks lock down to have an affair. And goes on telly to slag the people who knocked on doors to get her elected.

pigamus

If that tweet is a fake it's a bit stupid and counterproductive. It will only garner sympathy for her.

Quote from: pigamus on August 01, 2020, 06:26:23 PM
If that tweet is a fake it's a bit stupid and counterproductive. It will only garner sympathy for her.

Everything on Twitter is stupid and counterproductive. At least, if indeed it is fake, this has a semblance of a point behind it.

Spoon of Ploff

BlodwynPig

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 02, 2020, 10:15:23 AM
https://www.redpepper.org.uk/how-corbyn-unmasked-comedy/

Not sure if people have seen this but I'm sure some will appreciate here.

I'd not seen it and I do appreciate it. Thanks for posting the link.

Johnny Yesno

Sebastian Cobb

I need to know how left wing he is before I decide how to respond to this.

Paul Calf

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: pancreas on August 02, 2020, 01:06:40 PM
Unite is getting pissed off. Good.

https://labourheartlands.com/len-mccluskey-warns-labour-unite-will-review-its-financial-support-after-sir-keir-starmers-shocking-out-of-court-payouts-to-former-staffers/

I think I'm going to join Unite on Monday. Stuck with Unison just because I thought there might be some chance of helping to get rid of the cunts in the leaked report but I'm out of patience.

NoSleep

Maybe that's the way to go for all the people who feel like leaving Labour over the current state of affairs; join Unite or a similarly-minded union.

Buelligan

Yes, as long as Len's there, Unite's the place to be.

Your av reminds me of him somewhat. 

pancreas

Quote from: Buelligan on August 02, 2020, 03:51:22 PM
Yes, as long as Len's there, Unite's the place to be.

Your av reminds me of him somewhat.

Howard Beckett is looking like a very good replacement for when Len is off.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: pancreas on August 02, 2020, 01:06:40 PM
Unite is getting pissed off. Good.

https://labourheartlands.com/len-mccluskey-warns-labour-unite-will-review-its-financial-support-after-sir-keir-starmers-shocking-out-of-court-payouts-to-former-staffers/
Good indeed. The unions should be using their money and publicity to promote politicians who'll actually defend their interests. Labour are presumably going to start feeling the financial pinch long before the next election if their main funders decide to disaffiliate.

idunnosomename

god if a corbynite ever made an allusion to judas they'd be hung drawn and quartered

he's def making an allusion to the bounty for the betrayal of Jesus btw

QuoteThe word used in Matthew 26:15 (ἀργύρια, argyria) simply means "silver coins," and scholars disagree on the type of coins that would have been used. Donald Wiseman suggests two possibilities. They could have been tetradrachms of Tyre, usually referred to as Tyrian shekels (14 grams of 94% silver), or staters from Antioch (15 grams of 75% silver), which bore the head of Augustus. Alternatively, they could have been Ptolemaic tetradrachms (13.5 ± 1 g of 25% silver).

the shekel is the currency of the modern state of Israel but silver puts it absolutely in a biblical sense

i don't care but imagine if RLB had said something about shekels. oy vey!

Cuellar

idunnosomename

they're both disgraced magnates who happened to be jewish so paid thirty pieces of silver to be lords

yeah i know the roman government gives judas the money but whatever seems to be what he's getting at

jobotic

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 02, 2020, 02:14:25 PM
I think I'm going to join Unite on Monday. Stuck with Unison just because I thought there might be some chance of helping to get rid of the cunts in the leaked report but I'm out of patience.

I really don;t think the attitude of the Unison leadership is that of the activists (like me). Prentis is off this year, be good to have you to vote for whoever the left nomination for General Secretary is.

imitationleather

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 02, 2020, 09:27:25 PM
they're both disgraced magnates who happened to be jewish so paid thirty pieces of silver to be lords

yeah i know the roman government gives judas the money but whatever seems to be what he's getting at

Even back then giving your child the name Judas must have seemed like an unwise move. The poor guy never had a chance.

BlodwynPig

jobotic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on August 03, 2020, 10:44:04 AM
Presume she means the one at the top of this page.

The tweet I copied it from has now been deleted. I'll report my post so Barry can decide whether it should go.