Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,326
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:47:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v2: a beige loafer stamping on a human face forever

Started by pancreas, July 23, 2020, 12:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

''Jeremy Corbyn Keir Starmer should be 20 pts in front by now!!! '

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 05, 2020, 08:22:47 AM
''Jeremy Corbyn Keir Starmer should be 20 pts in front by now!!! '

It's priceless isn't it. Sadly our goldfish attention spans* don't lend well to putting tropes to bed*

*tropes

jobotic

Ooh this sounds like a great listen

QuoteIn the first part of our Politics Weekly series, Jonathan Freedland speaks to Peter Mandelson, the former Labour cabinet minister and EU commissioner. The pair discuss Britain's future relationship with Europe and the battle Sir Keir Starmer faces to get Labour back into power.

pancreas

They've started getting a bit more nippy with the govt on Twitter. They've obviously noticed that they've turned into beige wallpaper almost overnight.

There was another interesting poll which shows that amongst Labour votes, he's losing support and gaining it from Tory voters. (Who will never vote for him.)

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on August 05, 2020, 03:01:34 PM
They've started getting a bit more nippy with the govt on Twitter. They've obviously noticed that they've turned into beige wallpaper almost overnight.

There was another interesting poll which shows that amongst Labour votes, he's losing support and gaining it from Tory voters. (Who will never vote for him.)

Here
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1290739282710106112

Also losing remainers and gaining support with leave.

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 05, 2020, 02:54:26 PM
Third in a two-horse race.

Yeah, but when you think about how brilliant and successful Johnson is, coming third to Don't Know, seems like a win.  It is a win.  A wonderful, wonderful, forensic electable win.

ollyboro

Every single thing is falling into the Left's lap - right now. A right-wing Tory government are throwing money at saving their system...like Gordon Brown did - not so long ago. Surely this demonstrates how Capitalism has failed. Meanwhile, we have found out who the key workers are. It's the people who can't work from home.

idunnosomename

rosie duffield's twitter is back and she is retweeting all the accounts like the archtory of cunterbury and mrs balls saying shes actually MARVELLOUS and you feeble trolls should get back under your bridge!!

greenman

Quote from: pancreas on August 05, 2020, 03:01:34 PM

Why that stat is fucking meaningless.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It is reasonable to assume the people who refused to answer are stolid in their opacity. Flak jackets wrapped in enigmas wrapped in the greasy shat on chip paper of their chain-towns.

'I sir, refuse to say.' Yeah, well lose a limb to a bear trap. Then another.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 06, 2020, 08:00:43 AM
It is reasonable to assume the people who refused to answer are stolid in their opacity. Flak jackets wrapped in enigmas wrapped in the greasy shat on chip paper of their chain-towns.

'I sir, refuse to say.' Yeah, well lose a limb to a bear trap. Then another.

or refusing to participate in the charade? or are these people who signed up to do the survey? Did they receive their 0.0001pence?

Sebastian Cobb

Can't even bring himself to support an actual Labour government.

Kelvin

Truly, truly pathetic. I honestly think he's even more spineless and fence sitting than the Ed Miliband era. Even by the low standards I had for him, he's still managed to flop lower. 

Buelligan

It's incredible, isn't it?  This isn't a question of religion or whether Marmite is nice or not, he is the leader of a political party, he should be capable of giving a lead.  I wonder if there's anything at all in the world that he would speak out on - obviously no point in asking him.

pancreas

Just imagine being so nihilistic that your entire political strategy rests on a notion you might, in extraordinary circumstances, end up being perceived as plausibly less disagreeable than the most corrupt government in Western Europe.

idunnosomename

i am astounded at how bad he is, because he wasn't bad at all under corbs. he's just fucking embarrassing now. still, better than Biden.

chveik

bgmnts

How could he ever have been a human rights defence lawyer being THAT much of a spineless nothing?

thugler

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 06, 2020, 10:43:00 PM
Can't even bring himself to support an actual Labour government.

Isn't this because they should be having masks in shops and he doesn't want to directly criticize them, however they do seem to have done a better job dealing with the pandemic overall in Wales. I don't see the argument for not wearing masks in shops personally, I was wearing one before the enforcement. He's on record as calling for wearing masks anyway.

Did any of you actually read the article?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: thugler on August 07, 2020, 09:04:32 AM
Isn't this because they should be having masks in shops and he doesn't want to directly criticize them, however they do seem to have done a better job dealing with the pandemic overall in Wales. I don't see the argument for not wearing masks in shops personally, I was wearing one before the enforcement. He's on record as calling for wearing masks anyway.

Did any of you actually read the article?

Time for you to fuck off.

king_tubby

I just had a lightbulb moment. Starmer is an accelerationist, hence not doing any opposition.

BlodwynPig

He is deeply vain, deeply nervous, deeply dull. Frozen by his weaknesses into inaction or leashed by other forces, either way he is the biggest danger to Britain since Nigel Farage.

Paul Calf

Quote from: king_tubby on August 07, 2020, 09:24:08 AM
I just had a lightbulb moment. Starmer is an accelerationist, hence not doing any opposition.

400D chess.

Buelligan

I'm for it.  Now, tell me, what's so great about Starmer's position?  Convert me to his banner why don't you?

Zetetic

Give the guy a break; like 99% of UK Labour members, he's no idea what Wales even are.

thugler

Quote from: Buelligan on August 07, 2020, 10:55:29 AM
I'm for it.  Now, tell me, what's so great about Starmer's position?  Convert me to his banner why don't you?

I don't get what he's supposed to do exactly? Is he supposed to support Welsh Labour and say masks don't need to be mandatory in shops? I'm pro masks and while the tories have brought in the rule way too late, I do support it. He's saying the situation is different in Wales from England, It's fair to say that things might be low enough there that they don't need the mask thing, I think it's such an easy thing to do I think it should be in place for a good while personally. 

What should he have said on this? I just don't see the point of complaining if he disagrees with welsh labour on anything, or agrees with anything the tories do just for the sake of it. Mandatory masks is a good thing, just brought in too late.