Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party Desolation v2: a beige loafer stamping on a human face forever

Started by pancreas, July 23, 2020, 12:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

How many hundreds of thousands of pounds did Corbyn bring in to the party by bringing an unprecedented amount of new members to the party? And how many hundreds of thousands of pounds will they lose out on due to a mass exodus of those members due to this spineless arsewipe?

Cuellar

Right.

So, Labour are paying damages to the whistleblowers shown in Panorama. A Panorama journalist is also suing Jeremy Corbyn (for some reason). Jeremy Corbyn is considering suing, or taking legal action against, people in that report on anti-semitism in the Labour Party which showed that Labour were inent on not reporting or impeding cases of anti-semitism in order to make Labour look bad and Corbyn look bad by association.

Yeah?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on July 23, 2020, 10:45:11 PM
Right.

So, Labour are paying damages to the whistleblowers shown in Panorama. A Panorama journalist is also suing Jeremy Corbyn (for some reason). Jeremy Corbyn is considering suing, or taking legal action against, people in that report on anti-semitism in the Labour Party which showed that Labour were inent on not reporting or impeding cases of anti-semitism in order to make Labour look bad and Corbyn look bad by association.

Yeah?

To summarise. Burn the party down and start again. Burn the government down and start again.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Cuellar on July 23, 2020, 10:45:11 PM
Right.

Yeah?

Don't think the third bit is correct.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 23, 2020, 10:43:21 PM
How many hundreds of thousands of pounds did Corbyn bring in to the party by bringing an unprecedented amount of new members to the party? And how many hundreds of thousands of pounds will they lose out on due to a mass exodus of those members due to this spineless arsewipe?

How much business donations can Keir rustle up by being a bent establishment cunt?

Cuellar

A few rich capitalist scumbags willing to donate money purely to keep Labour a shade of purest beige probably raises just as much money as however many hundreds of thousands signed up after Corbyn sadly.

Sebastian Cobb

I think if Kier and his charlatans end up bankrupting Labour after working so hard to ensure it contains zero potential for meaningful change then I'll laugh my brambles off.

idunnosomename

angela rayner just posts a few embarrassed emojis on twitter at johnson these days. so glad i didnt vote for her

Paul Calf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 23, 2020, 10:53:15 PM
I think if Kier and his charlatans end up bankrupting Labour after working so hard to ensure it contains zero potential for meaningful change then I'll laugh my brambles off.

You'll be doing it in a one-party state, so that's assuming that you're still allowed to laugh at the powerful.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 23, 2020, 11:16:15 PM
You'll be doing it in a one-party state, so that's assuming that you're still allowed to laugh at the powerful.

After they've worked so hard to make it clear they despise me and contain zero potential for meaningful change, I'm not sure that's significant.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Sebastian Cobb

Besides it looks like the tories are openly looting the treasury via covid contracts while starmer and his ilk openly loot Labour, they're all just stuffing money into a suitcase before it burns to the ground.

Buelligan

Quote from: Aaron Bastani on twitterAbsolutely howling at the idea that a document leaked when Corbyn wasn't leader, and which has nothing to do with him, is still his fault.

What will it be tomorrow? Coronavirus?
https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1286412922579755014?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Quite interested to see how electable everyone thinks Labour is when it's bankrupt. 

Thomas

QuoteLabour MP Margaret Hodge, a fierce critic of the party's handling of anti-semitism complaints under Mr Corbyn, branded the former leader's decision to intervene "bizarre".

"I think it's obsessional," she told Newsnight.

"I cannot understand that he wants to stand on a hill and be judged by his inability and failure to tackle anti-semitism.

"That's what he wants to go down fighting — it is extraordinary."

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/former-labour-general-secretary-iain-mcnicol-suing-the-party-over-leaked-antisemitism-report

yes it is extraordinary that a man would want to deny that he is racist

So there are lawsuits over the wibbly legal standing of the leaked report - data, et cetera - but is anything being said about the contents? Still nothing on that front?

What about the fact that antisemitism cases were at times ignored by saboteurs despite the demands of the leader's office? The fact that half of 2019's complaints came from one individual, falsely inflating the number of cases? The fact that Corbyn's Labour was routinely depicted as a 'hate factory', and that the public vastly overestimated the number of antisemites in the party, even though they amounted to less than 0.1% of the membership? The fact that antisemitism - though a scourge wherever it occurs - had no higher incidence within the Labour Party than anywhere else in British society? The fact that the EHRC declined to investigate rampant Tory Islamophobia?

extraordinary

Still, at least he didn't get in. He'd have nationalised yer nan, whereas the Tories only wanted to quietly exterminate her in a charnel house care home.

idunnosomename

is margaret hodge a real person or just an actual sack of shit

Schrodingers Cat

Quote from: Thomas on July 24, 2020, 12:35:51 AM
https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/former-labour-general-secretary-iain-mcnicol-suing-the-party-over-leaked-antisemitism-report

yes it is extraordinary that a man would want to deny that he is racist

So there are lawsuits over the wibbly legal standing of the leaked report - data, et cetera - but is anything being said about the contents? Still nothing on that front?

What about the fact that antisemitism cases were at times ignored by saboteurs despite the demands of the leader's office? The fact that half of 2019's complaints came from one individual, falsely inflating the number of cases? The fact that Corbyn's Labour was routinely depicted as a 'hate factory', and that the public vastly overestimated the number of antisemites in the party, even though they amounted to less than 0.1% of the membership? The fact that antisemitism - though a scourge wherever it occurs - had no higher incidence within the Labour Party than anywhere else in British society? The fact that the EHRC declined to investigate rampant Tory Islamophobia?

extraordinary

Still, at least he didn't get in. He'd have nationalised yer nan, whereas the Tories only wanted to quietly exterminate her in a charnel house care home.

Every now and then it suddenly occurs to me that all of this came about because the democratically elected leader of the Labour Party had the temerity to campaign on a platform demanding a fairer society.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Paul Calf

Right, so the Labour Party and the country have lost their soul to the banal snorting herd of dull, grey pigs at the corporate-fascist trough.

What can we do about this? Can we do anything?

pancreas

I thought you wanted us on the streets with Molotov cocktails, regardless of the state of the Labour Party?

Buelligan

Well, I think it's interesting anyway.  I always think one's enemies show their fear, their parameters, their direction of flow, through the things they innocently, unconsciously, say. 

These people are all about controlling dialogue and money.  But words are free, keep throwing them about, keep whackamoling them up everywhere, in or out of the Party, laugh in the face of their lies and their fencing.  No molotovs, just a never-ending supply of truth-bombs droppething down as the gentle dew from heaven.

EOLAN

That Harry Yorke stating the worst case is that Labour could lose "Several million pounds". Thanks for giving such a clear picture of the worst case scenario.

Sebastian Cobb

It's all Corbyns fault apparently. He's the one that's opened the party to legal disputes rather than the people whipping this shit up.

Buelligan

I haven't given it much thought but this settlement Keith's just done, it's not just about tarring Corbyn.  He must be aware (I believe I'm correct in this) that the apology/statement from the Party which formed part of the settlement effectively, legally, states that the Party agrees that the individuals involved acted impeccably. 

As some of those individuals are those in the leaked Report - the implication, surely, is that Keith is shoring up, supporting, them.  Protecting them from any future criticism by allowing this statement to be made.  IMO, it shows an intention to undermine any action that could take place against them.  That is concerning, I think.

honeychile

Just a reminder for anyone who thinks Corbyn's legacy will be to BANKRUPT THE LABOUR PARTY that the increases in membership under Corbyn were probably bringing in around £9-10 million per year in membership fees alone (possibly more), never mind additional campaign contributions, merchandise etc.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on July 24, 2020, 10:58:58 AM
I haven't given it much thought but this settlement Keith's just done, it's not just about tarring Corbyn.  He must be aware (I believe I'm correct in this) that the apology/statement from the Party which formed part of the settlement effectively, legally, states that the Party agrees that the individuals involved acted impeccably. 

As some of those individuals are those in the leaked Report - the implication, surely, is that Keith is shoring up, supporting, them.  Protecting them from any future criticism by allowing this statement to be made.  IMO, it shows an intention to undermine any action that could take place against them.  That is concerning, I think.

I just saw it as an open way of rewarding people for their part in the undoing of Corbyn. Nice and legal rather than a load of notes in a paper bag.

Blinder Data

IF Labour go bankrupt as a result of the legal cases brought about because of the leaked dossier, why would that be Starmer and his team's fault? If it can be proved the dossier contains falsehoods, slurs, etc. the blame lies with whoever wrote and/or leaked it.

ZoyzaSorris

This is all as deliberately mendacious and grotesquely offensive as possible in order to drive out left-wingers before the last chances to fight back, which still exist, can be grasped.