Author Topic: Ricky Gervais's After Life series 3 [split topic]  (Read 3145 times)

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
Re: Ricky Gervais's After Life series 3 [split topic]
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2020, 01:59:04 PM »
Apparently I'm blocked by @rickygervais on Twitter? I will no longer get to enjoy the once-every-year viewing of his delightful "jokes" about how good he is.

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »
Wait, Awards Shows get awarded at other Awards Shows?

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2020, 03:56:32 PM »
Wait, Awards Shows get awarded at other Awards Shows?

There are categories for Variety Shows, which the Golden Globes fall under. These also include charity events and anything or live sketch comedy varieties.

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2020, 04:07:26 PM »
There are categories for Variety Shows, which the Golden Globes fall under. These also include charity events and anything or live sketch comedy varieties.
I was wondering why they don't just give the best awards show Emmy to last year's Emmys, every year.

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2020, 05:00:01 PM »
"I'm genuinely a bit scared that Ricky could be "suicided", if he keeps speaking the truth"

Absolute shit. His "truth-speaking" is empty, performative guff, half-heartedly repeating things braver people than him have pushed, not because he cares but just because he wants to be seen as an edgy outsider.

God I hope the guy they keep inviting back to host the Golden Globes doesn't get suicided for his dangerous opinions!

Cuellar

• Taxes, they'll be lower...son
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2020, 06:13:19 PM »
First they murder the opinion, then they murder the man

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2020, 06:29:34 PM »
Then they kill his dog >:(

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2020, 07:44:53 PM »
I follow the r/conspiracy subreddit (guilty pleasure) and they were all going on about how Gervais was something of a whistleblower who was going to be bodied as well - for making jokes that any twat in a pub who reads the Daily Mail would be able to make.

If only they knew how Derek was more bizarre than any theory they might concoct - and that actually happened!

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2020, 07:55:46 PM »
Derek would actually make more sense if it turned out to be a way to send coded messages about the actions of the New World Order

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2020, 08:47:28 PM »
Derek would actually make more sense if it turned out to be a way to send coded messages about the actions of the New World Order

I pity the NWO for having to sit through the whole thing.

Annie Labuntur

• Next train's gone
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2020, 11:52:54 PM »
I've just read an article from a few days ago where Ricky says that the dog Brandy (real name Anti) is likely to retire when Series 3 ends.
Quote from: Ricky Genius
Both seasons when I was saying goodbye to the crew, when I have to say bye to Anti, that's when I well up because I'm thinking, 'She doesn't know why she's not going to see me for a year'.
Such a strange way to put it, and I don't think he was joking.

« Reply #71 on: Yesterday at 12:07:14 AM »
I've just read an article from a few days ago where Ricky says that the dog Brandy (real name Anti) is likely to retire when Series 3 ends.Such a strange way to put it, and I don't think he was joking.

So we'll start to see Ricky's character watching endless clips of his dog on his ipad.

Annie Labuntur

• Next train's gone
« Reply #72 on: Yesterday at 12:12:58 AM »
He promises in the interview that the dog won't die in series 3.

Nothing wrong with him getting upset at the prospect of not seeing the dog for a year - it's that he thinks the dog is confused and upset at the thought of not seeing him for a year. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

« Reply #73 on: Yesterday at 03:10:06 PM »
That the dog is capable of understanding that it won't see someone for a year. Or what a year is.

Does he really think that or is it just some words that he thinks makes him sound good?

Thomas

• please describe an encounter with a squirrel
« Reply #74 on: Yesterday at 03:13:40 PM »
The dog is going to get suicided by Golden Globes.

Tags: