Author Topic: Ricky Gervais's After Life series 3 [split topic]  (Read 18534 times)

Re: Ricky Gervais's After Life series 3 [split topic]
« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2021, 12:21:17 AM »
If we were to write 'Ricky Gervais's After Extras' it would just be a picture of Derek throwing a dwarf in the air whilst jizzing on a homeless junkie.

I stopped to consider if that actually happened in an episode of Derek.

« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2021, 04:28:33 PM »
Who's going to die in this one, do we reckon?

« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2021, 04:45:27 PM »
It's like Morrissey albums: no matter how shit and offensive he becomes, the fans lap it up so he makes another.

« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2021, 04:47:46 PM »
Who's going to die in this one, do we reckon?

Quick recap please -

S1 he was responsible for the death of the sad heroin addict. But the Obermann character confirmed he was a great guy not yet ready for love.
S2 - dead dad[1] but still a great guy and the nurse turns up at the end to do things entirely on his terms (because he is sad but a great guy).

That right?

Dog will not die but might be almost dead at some point is my guess. Will be very sad but amazing to watch and speak for millions.

Will nursey still be on the scene? 50/50 on that. Maybe she will have taught him stuff (they love bum stuff in my experience) but have moved on allowing for a new love interest.

Is the intricately woven prostitute character still in it? I've forgotten already. Maybe she will have a Jody Foster-type ward who Tony becomes involved with after she lights a cigarette to time their encounter.

I want that sort of stuff in it not just easy sad stuff and old ladies saying cunt.
 1. Between the Lines! That's where I have seen his dad the actor recently

« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2021, 04:48:58 PM »
Maybe he buys her a watch.

« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2021, 04:56:22 PM »
The shrink is the absolute low point. If he's still in it, having been outed as a fraud and a misogynist, then it's just a sequence of crap sketches and mawkish monologues rather than an actual narrative with any direction or attempt at maintaining plausible characters (which was already happening in the first episode of Series 1 but has gradually worsened).

« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2021, 05:57:58 AM »
Gervais' output has obviously been shit for ages but I think his conversations with Sam Harris are entertaining enough.

Tags: