Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:01:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Good, free video editing software?

Started by Kryton, July 24, 2020, 11:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

Hi, I'm looking for something lightweight, user-friendly and more importantly FREE.

I've dabbled with a couple of editors but they either employ watermarks on the end result or are too fiddly.

PlanktonSideburns

What kinda stuff you doing?

Also, Mac or pc?

PlanktonSideburns

Bit of a left field choice, but the audio DAW REAPER handles video really well

I use adobe, but often use reaper for more simple cuts

If you do go Down that route, PM me, I've got a couple of really handy video editing plugins I can share with you

Neomod

Lightworks is free. Quirky but once you get used to it easy to use. Needs plenty of processing power for HD work though. Doesn't Moviemaker come with Windows 10? If not you can download it from other sources.

beanheadmcginty

I think VSDC is amazing. It looks incredibly complicated at first, but is actually really intuitive to use and you can get good at it really quickly.

Kryton

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 24, 2020, 11:23:32 AM
What kinda stuff you doing?

Also, Mac or pc?

PC.

Completely forgot I could edit video in Reaper (I use it for audio stuff). As for what I'll be editing, just whatever game videos I've been recording.

olliebean

VideoPad is quite a good lightweight editor, if you don't need all the bells and whistles. Available at https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html - make sure you download the free version (search for "free version" on the page if you can't find the link) - the big download buttons on that page are for the try-before-you-buy version.

PlanktonSideburns

I'm on hols till Tuesday, but I'll lob u some reaper video plug ins when I get in on Tuesday

Kryton