Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Truth Seekers (Pegg & Frost)

Started by Malcy, July 24, 2020, 12:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

First trailer for this has been released.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UY2iyLnNeCQ

I'm looking forward to it although the trailer isn't up to much. Feels like ages since they done something together. Bonus points for having Malcolm McDowell and Julian Barratt in the cast as well.

BlodwynPig

yawn. the music was reasonable, the rest just tired and lazy.

Small Man Big Horse

I liked this more than I thought I would. Though on the flip side Pegg in that wig kind of looks a bit like my Mum, so that'll be disturbing, especially if there's a sex scene.

spaghetamine

Frost looks good as an old beardy, suits him

PlanktonSideburns

Yea frost looks lovely. There's something innately loveable about his face

This feels like a trailer that has no bearing on  the house style

daf

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: daf on July 24, 2020, 01:52:41 PM
Is this one of the Cornettos?

Nah, it's a new Amazon Prime show which they wrote with James Serafinowicz and someone else who's name I can't remember, and Edgar Wright isn't involved in it.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

There appear to be no actual jokes in the trailer.

Ham Bap

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 24, 2020, 03:19:26 PM
There appear to be no actual jokes in the trailer.

Should be a lot like The Worlds End then.

Twonty Gostelow

Looks fine you miserable bastards. Bit of a Skeletons vibe at the beginning - maybe it'll start like that.

Mister Six

Wouldn't be the first comedy trailer to miss out on the jokes, but it also wouldn't be the first Frost/Pegg project to leave me feeling underwhelmed. Reserving judgement for now.

dead-ced-dead

It seems without Edgar Wright the magic isn't there.

BritishHobo

Am I wrong or does it look like this has minimal Pegg and that they're being a tiny bit cheeky trying to pitch it as a Pegg/Frost vehicle?

neveragain

There are two (possibly three) jokes in the trailer but that is a bit low.

Twonty Gostelow

Hopefully it's not significant and all the good stuff is in the film. Better than all the best jokes appearing in the trailer.

kilgore

The Smyle logo on the work uniform looks a lot like the Amazon logo, it's very distracting.

BlodwynPig

I think this sort of stuff should have been left in the 00s. "of its time" is the best I can say

The Mollusk

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on July 25, 2020, 01:13:34 AM
Hopefully it's not significant and all the good stuff is in the film. Better than all the best jokes appearing in the trailer.

+1

Fuck trailers.

beanheadmcginty

Pegg has obviously been in all sorts of unfunny shite, but I'm pretty sure that Frost has always been in films that are at least a bit funny. So as long as Frost is involved I'm optimistic.

wooders1978

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 24, 2020, 11:11:23 PM
Am I wrong or does it look like this has minimal Pegg and that they're being a tiny bit cheeky trying to pitch it as a Pegg/Frost vehicle?

Suspect you are correct there - Frost all over the trailer, Pegg hardly in it, which one is the bigger star? Alarm bells ringing

up_the_hampipe

Pegg and Frost are co-creators, right? I think that's what's meant by the promotion as a "Pegg/Frost vehicle".

Anyway, as for the show itself, it definitely looks like an Amazon Prime show. As in, not good enough for Netflix.

bgmnts

Yeah hate to restate everything but minimal Pegg, shit trailer, no Wright, not even on Netflix.

Oof.

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on July 24, 2020, 05:59:47 PM
Bit of a Skeletons vibe at the beginning

Do you mean that British film from 10 years ago, that nobody saw?

It was claimed a while back that Malcolm McDowell occasionally has "hundred thousand dollar days", where he tells his agent to find him a part he can spend no more than a day's work on, and collect requisite amount. Which accounts for his participation in so much rubbish over the years, of which this geek shit will no doubt turn out to be another example, hope he got his $100,000.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Jake Thingray on July 25, 2020, 05:52:31 PM
Do you mean that British film from 10 years ago, that nobody saw?

Yes. Deserved a wider audience. And I've just remembered you saying your brother played one of the two lead roles!

Jake Thingray

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Didn't your brother actually write the damn thing too, Jake? I remember watching it as part of a foreign film festival in Moscow. I was wearing a t- shirt with a skeleton on it especially ( it was also being shown on the eve of Halloween, doing a grand old bit of thematic work, that t- shirt was).
Wasn't Tuppence Middleton in that film, too? Ah, I'd much rather write about this sort of stuff than that mediocre sounding Frost/ Pegg thing.

olliebean

Another trailer (which Chortle thinks is the first trailer for some reason): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZc0_2D4Io4

Thought the first trailer was better, tbh.

Capt.Midnight

I watched Paul on the telly a few weeks ago. What a shame. It seemed like Nick Frost couldn't be bothered acting. Just not funny at all. Does Edgar Wright have a large presence in the writing too? His recent Diana Rigg guardian article was the best thing I've read on there for years.

Edit: saying that, I've just remembered Nick and Simon making me cry with laughter in Channel 5's Danger, 50,000 volts - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnNIs4YKtZM

Malcy

Yeah I read the bit about Diana Rigg. Thought it was really lovely.

Small Man Big Horse

A friend has seen the first four episodes of this as he interviewed Frost and Kayo for the podcast he hosts, and he really rates it, though is under embargo right now so can't release the episode just yet. Pegg's not in it that much though apparently, with it seeming like something he did as a favour for Frost.