Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:49:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How long have you been a verbwhore?

Started by Retinend, July 24, 2020, 08:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How long have you been a verbwhore?

1 year
2 (1.5%)
2 years
4 (3%)
3 (2.2%)
6 (4.4%)
4 (3%)
6 (4.4%)
1 (0.7%)
8 (5.9%)
9 (6.7%)
6 (4.4%)
4 (3%)
7 (5.2%)
6 (4.4%)
11 (8.1%)
12 (8.9%)
7 (5.2%)
9 (6.7%)
7 (5.2%)
8 (5.9%)
15 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Glyn

16 years apparently and that gives me an average of just over 20 posts a year by my calculations. Is there a lurker award going ?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Look, Paul Fucking Carrack considers rewrite, alright? Fuck's sake.

Pink Gregory

is it only me at one year?

I found it by searching 'Adam Buxton Centrist'

monkfromhavana

8 years I think? The night of Carol Vorderman's appearance on Question Time.

Rizla

Thomas

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 24, 2020, 10:59:45 PM

On the day I joined

Quote20 people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo died from the Ebola virus

https://www.onthisday.com/date/2012/august/21

non capisco

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 24, 2020, 10:59:45 PM

monkfromhavana

Retinend

daf

15 years.

Joined in 2005, but it took me till 2010 to write my first post - and then another two years till my second.

pigamus

15 years.

What was it about 2005 I wonder?

kngen

Apparently, my 16th anniversary here was just a few days ago. That's fucking ridiculous.

biniput

15.5 years but did lurk a bit before hand.

The Mollusk

13 years. Fucking bizarre, what have I done with my life? Apart from eating my neighbour, and that was only 3 hours ago!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Gregory Torso on July 24, 2020, 11:49:21 PMwhat's a verbwhore?

On the original site, the forum section (which is basically all that remains at the moment) was called "Verbwhores", an intentional corruption of the word "Verbivores".

Trivia: when a certain ex-CaBber formed part of an Only Connect team, that team was called the "Verbivores".

daf

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 25, 2020, 12:37:37 AM
an intentional corruption of the word "Verbivores".

Cor! I never knew that - just assumed it was a Chris Morris reference i'd missed!

idunnosomename

Quote from: pigamus on July 24, 2020, 11:43:32 PM
15 years.

What was it about 2005 I wonder?
I mean for me I think it was generally because the Something Awful forums were disappearing up its own arse in loving itself despite not being funny anymore (even FYAD), and there was a bit of an alt-comedy resurgence in the mid-noughties against Gervais and all that sorta guff

at least CaB isn't running on a hacked version of vBulletin held together with sellotape. with an owner who has just been cancelled for abusing three women oh dear!

jobotic

On the original site, the forum section (which is basically all that remains at the moment) was called "Verbwhores", an intentional corruption of the word "Verbivores".

Trivia: when a certain ex-CaBber formed part of an Only Connect team, that team was called the "Verbivores".

What was on the rest of the site?

MojoJojo

It had On The Hour downloads. Which disappeared with the commercial release, and I signed up looking for them. I think.

There was blog posts and stuff. It was an early stage of the Internet, when content was king and stuff like forums and building a community were minor sidelines.

idunnosomename

no one said "content" in the noughties

Gregory Torso

Thanks.

What's a verbivore?

imitationleather

iirc this was an imitationleather worship site until everyone else turned up and ruined it.

ollyboro

In dog years - about no idea

In human years -  ask my dog

imitationleather

Hahaha, you get less for murder!!

But seriously we need to campaign to increase the punishment for murder in this country.

Cerys

Just screwed up and claimed to have been here for twenty years.  It's actually closer to nineteen.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cerys on July 25, 2020, 01:42:57 AM
Just screwed up and claimed to have been here for twenty years.  It's actually closer to nineteen.
n n n n n n

Cerys

JesusAndYourBush

My profile says I joined this incarnation of the site in 2004 but I've been around since before there even was a forum.