Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:21:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I don't get it

Started by Norton Canes, July 24, 2020, 09:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Why do people laugh in social situations? Mrs Canes has some colleagues round for dinner downstairs, they're talking about things then spontaneously roaring with laughter. I never laugh in social situations. I'll smile if I think something's funny, or if I'm trying to be polite. But laughing's for when you're watching telly and films or reading books. Why are they laughing so much?

No, they're not talking about me.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Norton Canes

idunnosomename

they're talkimg about your willy lol

Deyv

Most of my friends aren't funny, but I have one funny friend who does genuinely make me laugh but it's not just my funny friend, I also just really, really enjoy laughing. Hope this helps.

Norton Canes

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 24, 2020, 10:00:44 PM
they're talkimg about your willy lol

No, I can hear what they're saying. It's just smutty stuff and slagging off people they work with. Nothing's that's actually funny. So what are they laughing? It's like they're all in some kind of altered state of mind where the most run of the mill conversation provokes hilarity. It's like they're playing out a never-ending Mike Leigh scene. Or a really poor episode of Come Dine With Me.

Norton Canes

Or they just, I don't know, all enjoy each other's company and have no inhibitions.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

If you're going to talk like this, you really should wear a top hat and a cape.

Norton Canes

I mean, I'm having some people round on Sunday evening. We're going to play board games. And if one of us, say, misinterprets a perfectly obvious rule, then yeah, we'll have a little chuckle at their expense. But we're not going to start roaring like demented baboons.

SpiderChrist

I work with people who will just laugh. No joke. Just someone says something about work and some other cunt will just laugh.

It's wrong, is what it is. It's fucking wrong and one day I will laugh as I shovel all their twisted corpses into a lime pit.

Norton Canes

OK. So one of them was just talking about a disabled relative. They said, "She had one of those chairs". To which one of the others replied "What, an electric chair?"

ALL ROAR

idunnosomename

ok i agree sometimes people laugh when there is nothing funny in sight. it's horrible and i hate it. i will laugh when someone says something very funny, like the guffaw thread, but mostly people dont say funny things so i dont laugh.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 24, 2020, 10:18:09 PM
OK. So one of them was just talking about a disabled relative. They said, "She had one of those chairs". To which one of the others replied "What, an electric chair?"
edgelord!

(I laughed too, sorry)

thenoise

Not all humans have a sense of humour. But we all enjoy laughter.

SpiderChrist

ALL ROAR

Another bunch of cunts fit for my lime pit.

Chedney Honks

Some people think the more they laughin the better they will havin a great time 😁😁😁

Even when inside they feel like this 😟😟😟

Poor bastards 🤠🤠🤠

Hand Solo

Hahaha - they're implying WE SHOULD EXECUTE THE DISABLED.

I actually sat with a young friend who's currently at Uni last year who seems very nice and polite but the subject of people on disabilities came up and he started going on a real eugenics "people like that can't contribute to society and should be aborted" type line of reasoning, quite freaked me at the time. He likes magic and weird skills so I pointed him in the direction of someone like Matthew Buckinger: The Little Man Of Nuremberg and to re-think his shit a bit.

Chedney Honks

Should have just run him over in your car

jobotic

Quote from: SpiderChrist on July 24, 2020, 10:12:53 PM
I work with people who will just laugh. No joke. Just someone says something about work and some other cunt will just laugh.

It's wrong, is what it is. It's fucking wrong and one day I will laugh as I shovel all their twisted corpses into a lime pit.

And those of us who have spent years shovelling twisted corpses into lime pits will look over and say "there he goes - laughing at nothing again. Cunt just laughs".

SpiderChrist

Quote from: jobotic on July 24, 2020, 10:54:02 PM
And those of us who have spent years shovelling twisted corpses into lime pits will look over and say "there he goes - laughing at nothing again. Cunt just laughs".

There you go. Taking the piss out of a man's hobby.

The most perplexing thing of all is that Norton Canes's wife's colleagues are Bob Mortimer, Stewart Lee, and Chris Morris, and yet he can't understand why they're laughing!

And to top it all, his wife?...his wife is
Spoiler alert
Syd Little
[close]

Hand Solo

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 24, 2020, 10:52:04 PM
Should have just run him over in your car

Don't think that's very fair, Matthew Buckinger had no legs.

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on July 24, 2020, 10:59:43 PM
The most perplexing thing of all is that Norton Canes%u2019s wife%u2019s colleagues are Bob Mortimer, Stewart Lee, and Chris Morris, and yet he can%u2019t understand why they%u2019re laughing!

That's often been my thought when I'm sitting somewhere and there's a group of people laughing incredibly loudly constantly, either they're sitting with Peter Cook back from the dead, or they're easily fucking pleased. I didn't used to think this back when Peter Cook was alive, obviously, but I suppose Peter Cook's rotting corpse sitting at your pub table would be somewhat amusing.

Buelligan

Just got back from work, coincidentally noticing a table of men who absolutely screamed with laughter all evening.  Unceasing.  Thought they were going to start crying.  I'm sure alcohol had something to do with it but I'm guessing their boss probably fell into a volcano today.  It was quite pleasant.

gib

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 24, 2020, 10:29:32 PM
edgelord!

(I laughed too, sorry)

lol yeah, quite liked that one

honeychile

Where i work people are always laughing. Got in last Monday and saw someone there i hadn't seen before. She'd been working there since January and yet i hadn't seen her before in all that time. We had a little chuckle about that. Went upstairs, got sorted at my desk, saw my line manager and had a laugh about our various weekend escapades. Wandered round and caught one of the cleaner's eyes, had a giggle. Walked on by, looked back after a few seconds and he was still giggling. Really got to me that did. Couldn't stop laughing for a good few minutes. Passed someone on her way out of the toilet who was chuckling manically, hiccuping as she did. I started laughing and said "what's so funny"? She goes, "i was sitting in the cubicle having a piss, and got the giggles, and i realised i'm literally pissing myself laughing!" Then she just sauntered on past me, guffawing away relentlessly. Well that just hit me. Tickled me pink and wouldn't stop. Went into the toilets, i'm roaring away at the urinals, hardly able to keep my piss in a straight line. Went to wash my hands and i'm bent double over the wash basin, tears rolling down my cheeks, begging it to stop. Staggered out of the toilets and saw one of the security staff, just lying there on the floor, clutching his sides, laughing so hard he's convulsing, pounding his fist against the carpet. I'm worried about my heart now, what if i never stop laughing? Can't control myself, i'm staggering around, people laughing everywhere i turn, the poor girl from accounts is laughing so hard she's hanging out the window literally vomiting. Roar, spew, roar, spew, roar spew.

Where i work, honestly. Imagine a person laughing in a human face - forever.

Hand Solo

Where do you work, Barclays Prank? LOL

Gregory Torso

I laugh at work sometimes. I laugh at things that aren't funny, just because I like the person who said them and it doesn't matter.

Gregory Torso

Actually I know exactly what you mean, work in a post office, ooh is that a large package, it's while i had  a penis up me

Gregory Torso

But generally, people laughing doesn't bother me. Sorry.

Butchers Blind

Suppose its better than bursting into tears every time they meet you.