Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:15:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Owen Jones' attacker

Started by jobotic, July 25, 2020, 12:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

I don't get it. I was told on here that it was probably a random attack or just someone who didn't like Jones' "annoying voice".

But surprisingly it was a far-right cunt who did it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/24/chelsea-fan-jailed-for-attack-on-guardian-journalist-owen-jones

imitationleather

Probably just radicalised by the negative press coverage he received after the assault.

Sebastian Cobb

Saw this earlier. Quite liked Jones' stance of 'prison probably won't help him'.

Thursday

He just had a different opinion, but the snowflake lefties claim all disagreement is assault.

idunnosomename

hate the headline. why "fan"? surely the football club don't want to be associated with his fandom. call him a "Chelsea hooligan" at least

Blumf

Quote from: jobotic on July 25, 2020, 12:41:20 AM
But surprisingly it was a far-right cunt who did it.

Starmer?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 25, 2020, 12:59:47 AM
hate the headline. why "fan"? surely the football club don't want to be associated with his fandom. call him a "Chelsea hooligan" at least

Bit like me moaning about them calling Mike Ashley a 'colourful billionaire', maybe they'll edit it and hope nobody takes exception.

idunnosomename

hope they change it to "cunt"

Seedsy

"Chelsea fan" quelle surprise

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteHealy had at least nine convictions relating to football hooliganism stretching back to 1998. A search of his property after his arrest revealed a collection of far-right hooligan memorabilia, loosely connected with the Chelsea Youth Firm.

McGhee, prosecuting, said Healy possessed "a greeting card, which bore Nazi far-right extremist terror symbols, including those associated with the far-right Combat 18 group, one of whose tenets is 'kill all queers'".

Also discovered was a Nazi SS flag bearing a "totenkopf" death's head skull symbol plus "a number of pins of badges", including a circular pin badge with the "lead the way" and "whatever it takes" motto of Combat 18 and a badge that said "Chelsea FC no asylum seekers".

What a thoroughly nice sounding man.

Chedney Honks

Saw this Nazi far-right extremist terror symbol greeting card and thought of you.

BlodwynPig

Owen Jones on Tyskie spoke well on this. Rehabilitation rather than prison. Wider context et al. Sadly, I think there is no hope for wrongs like Healy. But I agree with Jones.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 25, 2020, 09:07:20 AM
Owen Jones on Tyskie spoke well on this.

He was pissed up on Polish lager when he said it? That rather detracts from the validity of his words , doesn't it?
( Was also thinking of taking the phrase " Owen Jones on Tyskie" and posting " Mary Mary reconsiders band name" in relation to it; this idea was dropped on the grounds of obscurity/ massive unfunniness, so you should all think yourselves very, very lucky indeed.)

Non Stop Dancer

Are they absolutely sure about the motive for the attack though? Maybe Owen just looked at matey's pint or something provocative like that? I expect Paulie and the other "Just a standard Saturday night pub brawl, some good folks on both sides" crowd will be along any second now to explain.

jobotic

QuoteHealy had at least nine convictions relating to football hooliganism stretching back to 1998. A search of his property after his arrest revealed a collection of far-right hooligan memorabilia, loosely connected with the Chelsea Youth Firm.

McGhee, prosecuting, said Healy possessed "a greeting card, which bore Nazi far-right extremist terror symbols, including those associated with the far-right Combat 18 group, one of whose tenets is 'kill all queers'".

Also discovered was a Nazi SS flag bearing a "totenkopf" death's head skull symbol plus "a number of pins of badges", including a circular pin badge with the "lead the way" and "whatever it takes" motto of Combat 18 and a badge that said "Chelsea FC no asylum seekers".

Yes but can you give an example of anything he's actually said that was racist?

I'm just politely calmly asking a question here.

thenoise

Death in June fan, who likes football and studying political history, provoked into pre-emptively defending himself against far left thug. WONDER HOW THE MSM WILL SPIN IT!!1!?0??

idunnosomename

Is this normal for Chelsea fans to have Third Reich memorabilia

Pijlstaart

What I now understand is those Chelsea boys go hard everytime, it sets them apart and the fans like it too, you see it on the pitch, always bobbing around and whilst a normal person would forget about goals, it's always at the back of the Chelsea boys' minds. The only way you could improve Chelsea is have them in full blue trousers, shorts are indecent, and I warrant they'd play better too. Coming home from work and switching on the box to see the Chelsea boys thumping in another fat one has been the privilege of my life, it keeps the pain away, and what a cruel irony it is that the Chelsea boys didn't keep the pain away this time when they scored a goal in Owen Jones' face. As punishment, James Healy must now support the team most antithetical to Chelsea, the anglo-saxon side Aeslehc, which last scored a goal in the 9th century.

To Owen Jones, I would say this: Scoring a goal in Owen Jones' face is not the Chelsea way, it is if anything an owen goal and the Chelsea boys owen you an apology. As a gesture of goodwill, the Chelsea boys should give you a full football match to yourself with all the goals you can want, alongside a selection of complimentary buns, tractors and clintons from the gift shop.

Buelligan

Well I'll tell you something for nothing, none of them are repressed or perverted in any way.  They're standing proud for normal values like tidy leisure tops, ugliness and attacking people in the dark from behind, because these are the true English values that we fought the war for.

Seedsy

We also have Chelsea fans in Scotland. Except they are called Rangers. If you ever want to have a look on an extremist website, have a browse on follow follow.

beanheadmcginty

Is that why Range Rovers are called Chelsea Tractors?

Buelligan

Quote from: Seedsy on July 25, 2020, 12:49:16 PM
We also have Chelsea fans in Scotland. Except they are called Rangers.

Ah, they're called saes in Wales.  I think most of the Irish just call them cunts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: thenoise on July 25, 2020, 09:27:00 AM
homophobic polish lager too - the plot thickens!

Interesting, cheers

Probably passed through enough hands at the company who were of such a persuasion it wasn't even considered. Which is alarming. Very few major companies choose to alienate potential audiences nowadays.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on July 25, 2020, 01:00:35 PM
Is that why Range Rovers are called Chelsea Tractors?

Very good :-)

Bronzy

We also have Chelsea fans in Scotland. Except they are called Rangers. If you ever want to have a look on an extremist website, have a browse on follow follow.

Had a look at it, in fairness it appears to be just as offensive as every other football forum I've had the pleasure of seeing.

Sebastian Cobb

One of the most racist and weirdest things a rangers fan said to me in a pub opposite Glasgow train station (presumably because I had an Brummie accent) was 'we're trying to send Sturgeon back to London, back with all the other n*ggers!'

I had no idea how to entertain such a statement really. What the fuck does it even mean?

popcorn

Quote from: Guardian articleJones was knocked to the ground and injured after being struck, and was "spared further blows only by the actions of the friends who were with him", Studd said as she read out her judgment. A general fight then broke out involving Healy and the other two defendants.

I like this "general fight" concept.

Sebastian Cobb

Did they, in loss of other options, just start fighting each other?

Could've saved a lot of hassle if they just did that to begin with.