Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 10

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 25, 2020, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Studio segments are being filmed - without an audience - from today apparently. No lineup yet, but John Robins and Richard Herring have dropped pretty big hints and Mark Silcox is rumoured. I imagine they'll confirm it soon as it's due to be screened in the autumn.

Hopefully it'll be an improvement on series nine which was mostly fine but featured worst-ever contestant David Baddiel. It didn't really work either when Katy Wix - who was brilliant - was off sick and they replaced her with Katherine Ryan and Kerry Godliman during the studio segments.

I still love it, but I wouldn't be devastated if the situation caused them to tweak the format a bit.

BeardFaceMan

Alex has said that the only format tweak is going to be no audience, everything else will be the same. They've already filmed all the tasks for series 11 too, I wonder if they went with doing another Champion of Champions or not?

Oh interesting. Didn't know that about series 11. Not heard anything about a champion of champions, though I didn't think the first one was great.

g0m

I'm pretty optimistic. I've enjoyed every series except for 8.

Ja'moke

Very happy they've managed to film (two series apparently) during the "covid era". I've missed this show.

Yes looking forward to this. Alex Horne and Tim Keyes have become my two favourite current comedians, and I'm interested to see the line up. Really hoping Herring's confirmed, and Adam Buxton would be great too. I've heard some rumours about Dawn French as well which would obviously be fantastic..

Who got the rights to this in the end? Channel 4?

Ja'moke

Jimmy Carr and Alex Brooker will appear at some point then, I assume.

selectivememory

I do think Herring would be quite good on this, so hoping he is confirmed. Hopefully the studio segments won't lose too much for not having an audience, but I'll take it at this point. I had just assumed with COVID that we wouldn't be getting any more of this for a while, so it's great that they've managed to record all the tasks for another two series.

BeardFaceMan

It's not the studio bits I'm really worried about, it'll be 7 people bantering onstage and should still be ok, the weirdness is going to come from watching the tasks with no laughter.

Good spot from someone on the usually unbearable Taskmaster subreddit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDA2YGMgADD/

She'd be decent, so I hope she's referring to TM.

selectivememory

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on July 25, 2020, 12:47:15 PM
the weirdness is going to come from watching the tasks with no laughter.

Yeah, hadn't even considered that. Maybe they could add in the audio of the contestants/Alex and Greg reacting to it to make it less weird.

Gurke and Hare

He's obviously not famous enough, but Tom Parry would be great on this.

g0m

Quote from: selectivememory on July 25, 2020, 01:18:21 PM
Yeah, hadn't even considered that. Maybe they could add in the audio of the contestants/Alex and Greg reacting to it to make it less weird.

They could put in a little inset of a youtube reacter guy making o faces to whatever's happening

batwings

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on July 25, 2020, 01:03:49 PM
Good spot from someone on the usually unbearable Taskmaster subreddit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDA2YGMgADD/

She'd be decent, so I hope she's referring to TM.

Who is it?

DrGreggles

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on July 25, 2020, 12:47:15 PM
the weirdness is going to come from watching the tasks with no laughter.

Just rewatch Baddiel's tasks in the last series again as preparation.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 25, 2020, 05:44:22 PM
Just rewatch Baddiel's tasks in the last series again as preparation.

Good God, no. I rewatched the entire run a few weeks ago, first time since series 9 aired, and I can quite comfortably say that I will be skipping series 9 on future rewatches. I'm not even sure how David Baddiel functions as a human being, never mind as a comedian.

notjosh

This puts a big damper on my enthusiasm I'm sorry to say. Not having a studio audience will be a massive loss.

The Lurker

Reading between the lines, it appears the lineup will be announced tomorrow. Or I've just added two and two together and got five...

Jittlebags

15 series away from champion of champion of champions.

Bad Ambassador

If it's Herring, that's the next five years of his podcast sorted.

A reminder that S8, the one with Lou Sanders and Iain Sterling, airs on American network television from Sunday. Should've gone with S5 or 7.

mrapollo

Daisy May Cooper, Johnny Vegas, Mawaan Rizwan, Katherine Parkinson, Richard Herring. https://twitter.com/Channel4/status/1288408171552206857?s=20

MigraineBoy

I'm pleasantly surprised (and it's hard to know how to say this without it sounding derogatory) because this could've been a Dave line-up.

selectivememory

Pretty happy with that line-up (although I don't know a couple of them, but that's usually the case anyway).

I hadn't ever considered Vegas as a possible contestant, but he should be great.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: mrapollo on July 29, 2020, 10:48:30 AM
Daisy May Cooper, Johnny Vegas, Mawaan Rizwan, Katherine Parkinson, Richard Herring. https://twitter.com/Channel4/status/1288408171552206857?s=20

I find Parkinson to be quite an annoying and mannered actress, but I've no idea what she's like in real life and hopefully she will be fun, and otherwise I'm very happy with that.

lankyguy95

Vegas should be great for this.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: lankyguy95 on July 29, 2020, 11:10:51 AM
Vegas should be great for this.

Though if he gets cancelled half way through the series due to his dodgy on stage antics in the 90s it could all be a bit fucked up.