Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:17:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 10

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 25, 2020, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgo76

Brilliant. Very promising line-up. I don't know Rizwan but all the others are great.

Ja'moke

Johnny Vegas! I didn't expect that but he's perfect for this.

Strong line up.

BeardFaceMan

At least Richard Herring can stop banging on about what a great contestant he would be on Taskmaster now. I can't think of anything funnier than him not winning and as long as he doesn't then I'm happy with this line-up, I think.

DrGreggles

Shame there's no studio audience for Vegas' inevitable ranting.

Good for Herring though. He's only got a few years' mileage left in his Mastermind anecdote, so it could provide a decade's worth of new material.

Virgo76

That's quite enough Herring-bashing, thank you.
Surprised Sue Perkins has never been on this. Or Adam Buxton.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 29, 2020, 11:07:51 AM
I find Parkinson to be quite an annoying and mannered actress, but I've no idea what she's like in real life and hopefully she will be fun, and otherwise I'm very happy with that.

I really liked her on Would I Lie To You trying to hold togethrt the Mick Hucknall lie after knackering herself by saying Hucknall.

That's what's so great about this show is the way it forces people to be themselves. It's hard to have a constructed persona when you're doing these tasks.

Really like that list. Very unexpected.

lankyguy95

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 29, 2020, 11:26:19 AM
Though if he gets cancelled half way through the series due to his dodgy on stage antics in the 90s it could all be a bit fucked up.
I hope that's not a task.

imitationleather

That line-up sounds potentially really excellent. A lot better than I was expecting.

I was at the very least anticipating an unwatchable Rachel Riley and Tracy Ann Oberman clusterfuck hate pincer.

chveik

Herring is going to be insufferable

Puce Moment

I would be a little disapppointed if it wasn't for Cooper and Vegas who are going to be brilliant. You can take that to the bank.

Herring might end up having unintentional comedy value, but he's not as rich-thick as Baddiel.

MigraineBoy

I think Herring is going to be great because he's a big fan of the show and in the past contestants who fit that bill (Acaster & Gamble chiefly spring to mind) have fully appreciate that a spectacular fail is just as good as a triumphant attempt.

BeardFaceMan

I would think he's going to be tedious, you can hear how much he wants to win when talks to Richard Osman about being on Celeb Pointless and the like. Plus he won't  have the audience to play to for the spectacular fail stuff, I think he'll be like Iain Sterling and take it a bit too seriously (his "see you in the Champion of Champions!" stuff was truly cringeworthy).

Yeah, I think Herring will be great too. Not sure where the Baddiel comparisons are coming from. Herring loves the show, whereas Baddiel admits he only watched a few YouTube clips before appearing. And Herring is infinitely funnier even though we're all a bit bored of emergency questions and being wanked off by a puppet.

Good lineup, this. Much more promising than the last two series (I really liked series 7, but Iain Stirling was hard work). Really excited.

JamesTC

Yeah, Herring is a big plus for me. I've gone off his general output in the last few years but he has the right mix of competitiveness and silliness to take it seriously but still be funny with it.

olliebean

TBH I don't really get the love for Johnny Vegas. I've always found him an irritant at best, and I'm expecting him to be my least favourite contestant on this (so he'll probably end up winning).

Daisy May Cooper will be great, though, and I think Katherine Parkinson will be good too. Herring could go either way; depends how much he falls back on his tired old bits of schtick, really.

No idea who the other guy is.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on July 29, 2020, 05:20:19 PMYeah, I think Herring will be great too. Not sure where the Baddiel comparisons are coming from. Herring loves the show, whereas Baddiel admits he only watched a few YouTube clips before appearing. And Herring is infinitely funnier even though we're all a bit bored of emergency questions and being wanked off by a puppet.

Not sure about others drawing comparisons, but I invoked them in the same sentence because I think they are both almost equally shit and unfunny. I think Baddiel will end up being funnier than Herring for the reason you outlined.

MigraineBoy

Established Spice
Newbie Spice
Chaotic Spice
Oblivious Spice
Unexpected Spice

I'm not saying the contestant selection is by-numbers, but these past few series seems to have settled on the above roles.  Or is it just projection on my part afterwards?

machotrouts

Really liked Mawaan Rizwan both times I saw him at the Edinburgh Fringe and I'm not in the least surprised to see him get the call-up to the telly leagues. I unsuccessfully hit on him on Grindr once and I do NOT even hold that against him. I look like SHIT.

Virgo76

Ok...so Rizwan is Newbie Spice. Who the hell are the others supposed to be? All the others are established? Is Katherine Parkinson oblivious? Or is Vegas? Or is he unexpected? Or is that Cooper?
What???

MigraineBoy

Parkinson - unexpected as in they're not someone you'd expect on Taskmaster (Sian Gibson, Alice Lavine, Liza Tarbuck)

Granted, looking again there is plenty of possible overlap between roles.

As you all were.

Small Man Big Horse

Katherine Parkinson - Ginger Spice
Johnny Vegas - Scary Spice
Daisy May Cooper - Baby Spice
Mawaan Rizwan - Posh Spice
Richard Herring - Sporty Spice (Er, well he does that playing himself at snooker podcast at least).

touchingcloth

Herring was signed up years ago and given one of those tasks which only one contestant gets: tweeting during International Women's Day.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: olliebean on July 29, 2020, 05:48:37 PM
TBH I don't really get the love for Johnny Vegas. I've always found him an irritant at best, and I'm expecting him to be my least favourite contestant on this (so he'll probably end up winning)..

Stop it, he's delightful. That cancelling will never be allowed to happen, he's too beloved. You'd only have to look at his sad face to instantly change your mind.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: MigraineBoy on July 29, 2020, 09:45:04 PM
Parkinson - unexpected as in they're not someone you'd expect on Taskmaster (Sian Gibson, Alice Lavine, Liza Tarbuck)

Michael? Definitely wouldn't expect to see him on Taskmaster.

holyzombiejesus

Any idea on when this will be shown? And will they announce series 11 (already filmed?) contestants once series 10 has aired?

Ja'moke

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 30, 2020, 12:32:08 PM
Any idea on when this will be shown? And will they announce series 11 (already filmed?) contestants once series 10 has aired?

It just says "this autumn." I'd probably guess early-to-mid-September based on previous start times.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 30, 2020, 12:32:08 PM

They tend to if the tasks for next series have been filmed, which according to someone on the last page is the case.

Airs in October according to Mrs Horne's Instagram.

Bad Ambassador

US TV update: It was pulled from the CW after its single episode was watched by only 220,000 viewers. S8 has been dumped onto Seed, the network's catch-up app.