Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 10

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 25, 2020, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobloblaw

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 13, 2020, 09:53:39 PM
"Wank, Shit, Fuck, Cock, Tits"

I fucking love Daisy May Cooper.

channelling her inner Michael York

bobloblaw

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 18, 2020, 11:34:26 PM
I assume they chose to make it the first task precisely because they anticipated such a reaction.

and clearly a formative one for them as they returned to it last week with the feed-each-other twist. And it was glorious

Bernice

Haha you think a watermelon funny? Haha, how curious, how droll.

BritishHobo

QuoteThough we don't know too much about the festive special, we know it's not the Champions of Champions sequel Davies and Horne teased would be coming.

In a previous interview with RadioTimes.com, the pair hinted "there might be" another Champion of Champions episode.

Davies added: "There are plans afoot."

The pair jokingly backtracked on their statement, with Horne teasing: "That's not come from us," before Davies joked: "You didn't hear it here."

Really confusing quote from the Radio Times article. I feel like the quotes they've got from Davies and Horne don't support the first line, that it can't be Champion of Champions. If anything it makes it more likely.

The article also says it can't happen until after series 10, but it will be won't it? Series 10 will finish the week before Christmas.

MigraineBoy

The Taskmaster house will open its doors once more to five new contestants from the worlds of TV, film, radio, journalism and shiny floor entertainment as they compete in one of the most ludicrous shows on television.

Considering the article claims not to know who the 5 contestants are - that seems a pretty specific list of 5 professions.

Apparently Greg James made a Taskmaster tweet he deleted, so that's "radio" covered.

Ja'moke

Quote from: BritishHobo on November 19, 2020, 12:02:04 PM
Really confusing quote from the Radio Times article. I feel like the quotes they've got from Davies and Horne don't support the first line, that it can't be Champion of Champions. If anything it makes it more likely.

The article also says it can't happen until after series 10, but it will be won't it? Series 10 will finish the week before Christmas.

The article also says: "That would make
Spoiler alert
Liza Tarbuck, Kerry Godliman, Iain Stirling, and Ed Gamble
[close]
the competitors, plus whoever wins season 10."

Err,
Spoiler alert
Iain Sterling
[close]
didn't win that series,
Spoiler alert
Lou Sanders
[close]
did.

EDIT: Added spoiler tags in case people haven't watched the old series.

Ja'moke

Here's the actual press release: https://www.channel4.com/press/news/taskmaster-festive-special-announced?fbclid=IwAR1DwcVaRzryM10b-WvEMAxZVmZ184zCwNEjVrJ_2PsvROFHTXW3_fmXPRQ
For the first time ever, the Task Cottage doors will be flung open to welcome five brand new faces from the worlds of TV, film, radio, journalism, and shiny floor entertainment, as the almighty Greg Davies sets ludicrous challenges with his Little Assistant scuttling in tow for this one-off festive special. Our well-known contestants are experts in their respective fields, and will be revealed in due course, but how will they compare in the most hard fought, high stakes, ridiculous game show on television?

So it's a sort of non-comedian "celebrity" special.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I assume by "shiny floor entertainment" they're referring to Michael "Mr" Sheen.

Fine with that for a one-off special rather than filling a regular series with non-comedians. I'd take a punt that 'shiny floor entertainment' is Winkleman, and I'm hoping that 'journalism' might be Theroux.

Hat FM

leo di caprio, theresa from hollyoaks, trevor McDonald, Steve Lamacq and simon cowell for the christmas special i reckon.

Ja'moke

Are we still in the dark about the Series 11 line-up? I'm surprised nothing has leaked.

Norton Canes

Ja'moke

Good episode this week. Fun tasks, especially that cocktail one. They even put some effort into the prize task!

rude soil

My favourite episode of series 10. Decent prize task but it's unfortunate Richard Herring didn't have anything narcissistic to bring in.

JamesTC

Yeah, I thought that was a banker 5 points for Rich.

Prize task was good because it was personal, so most of the best ones used to be. Too many in this series where they can just pick something generic to be shown on the screen.

selectivememory

Glad to see Mawaan have such a strong episode. After the first episode I had thought he was going to be great this series, but overall I haven't found him or Richard as entertaining as the other three. But Daisy really is the standout contestant of the series for me and one of the best people they've ever had, and I hope she wins it. Her anger with Richard for not identifying her dreadful picture of a
Spoiler alert
hippo
[close]
in the studio task was another highlight, especially when it became clear that the problem was her drawing and not Richard.

And yeah, Johnny and Mawaan both did great in the prize task. A little unexpected!

Purple Toupee

Big laugh at Mawaan going all in on his cocktail theme by
Spoiler alert
naming it 'Bin Juice' then garnishing it with a bottle cap.
[close]

Ja'moke

Also, big thumbs up for the New Zealand version!

kitsofan34

Herring should've brought in literally any episode of his podcast for the prize task.

Blue Jam

"UrghhhhwooohoohoooooooWANKER!"

Blue Jam

Quote from: Purple Toupee on November 19, 2020, 10:40:51 PM
Big laugh at Mawaan going all in on his cocktail theme by
Spoiler alert
naming it 'Bin Juice' then garnishing it with a bottle cap.
[close]

Yes, that was ace. I did like him and Johnny Vegas getting their own back by making their drinks disgusting.

Captain Z

Mawaan was absolutely robbed in the
Spoiler alert
mirror drawing
[close]
task.
Spoiler alert
It looked exactly like the object he was supposed to draw as far as I could tell.
[close]

Ja'moke

Mawaan was robbed last week in the prize task too, the most pointy thing, with his book about points. At least he was thinking outside the box and not just bringing something with a spike on it.

Norton Canes

Ten on ten for the cocktail task. Actually shocked that Johnny spat in his cocktail. Do you think the production team noticed at the time? And if so, did they tell Alex..?

BeardFaceMan

Didn't Alex mention Johnny's spit when he was listing the ingredients? I'm sure Alex knew and just didn't care, he's a game old bird, that one.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 20, 2020, 11:21:07 AM
Ten on ten for the cocktail task. Actually shocked that Johnny spat in his cocktail. Do you think the production team noticed at the time? And if so, did they tell Alex..?

I was going to say 'as long as it was more than 80% alcohol it would be covid safe' but it clearly wasn't.

Also worried a bit about Mawaan in that task with all the alcohol, but he was OK with it, so... what do I know?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 20, 2020, 12:18:04 PM
I was going to say 'as long as it was more than 80% alcohol it would be covid safe' but it clearly wasn't.

Well, it did come out of Johnny's mouth, the chances of his drool being 80% proof are pretty good.

Norton Canes

BTW I saw a repeat of the show from the last series a couple of days ago where they switch 10 things around while the contestants are blindfolded including a different person for Alex. It was only on this second viewing I noticed they get the same guy to sit next to Greg in the studio as they go into the subsequent ad break. Nice.