Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,475
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 10

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 25, 2020, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinq

I liked the staged one off with the TV producers, who were affable people but still more or less uncharismatic nobodies. So as long as no one is actively annoying, I'd say this will probably be at least watchable.

olliebean

Quote from: kevinq on November 30, 2020, 09:35:42 PM
I liked the staged one off with the TV producers, who were affable people but still more or less uncharismatic nobodies. So as long as no one is actively annoying, I'd say this will probably be at least watchable.

That's a tough ask for Rylan, but I'll withhold judgement until I've seen it.

holyzombiejesus

I think Rylan is a genuinely likable funny man and am glad he's on the special.

Rylan Clarke-Neal is a wonderful man, and I want to protect him.

Ja'moke

Yeah, Rylan seems like a decent guy and can be genuinely funny.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

He's a terrible human being

... but a passable mannequin.

Utter Shit

I can only assume the people angry at Rylan's inclusion are basing this on what they imagine he probably is rather than what he actually is.

DrGreggles

Googled him and I'm none the wiser.
I suspect Just For Men at work though.

magval

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 30, 2020, 11:32:15 PM
I can only assume the people angry at Rylan's inclusion are basing this on what they imagine he probably is rather than what he actually is.

Rylan's very good when he cares about the project, but like most of us there are elements of his job he doesn't like, and when he's coasting in something he's not very good at all and comes across as very artificial, which isn't helped by the big artificial head on the cunt.

Uncle TechTip

Rylan is fine, but the rest... Shirley Ballas? Who wants to watch her when she's not judging dance performances? It's a dangerous game C4 are playing here.

Captain Z

That and she's 83 now, unless there's a "write a Bond theme" task I can't see her getting many points.

BeardFaceMan

There's a lovely unexpected
Spoiler alert
cameo appearance
[close]
in the new NZ epsiode.

The Lurker

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 02, 2020, 04:43:42 PM
Spoiler alert
cameo appearance
[close]
in the new NZ epsiode.

Think that was the best episode yet, enjoyed that part too

g0m

Spoiler alert
cameo appearance
[close]
in the new NZ epsiode.

Felt blessed to see this

holyzombiejesus

Spoiler alert
cameo appearance
[close]
in the new NZ epsiode.

Fucks sake. Can you start a new thread for NZ/ overseas taskmaster please?

selectivememory

Seconded. It feels like we've got three different threads crammed into this one. Should really be a separate thread for the Xmas special too.

jimboslice

Quote from: selectivememory on December 02, 2020, 07:53:50 PM
Seconded. It feels like we've got three different threads crammed into this one. Should really be a separate thread for the Xmas special too.

Xmas special is a one-off, I'm sure people won't really talk much more about it until it actually airs.

jimboslice

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 30, 2020, 11:32:15 PM

Agreed. I'd definitely written Rylan off as just another fame-seeking Ken doll, but he's always unexpectedly pretty good value. An unwelcome guest making himself welcome.

Let's talk more about the xmas special.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 02, 2020, 07:48:15 PM
Fucks sake. Can you start a new thread for NZ/ overseas taskmaster please?

You know what spoiler tags are for, right?

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 02, 2020, 08:47:05 PM
You know what spoiler tags are for, right?

Yes. You know what the "Taskmaster series 10" thread is for, right?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on December 02, 2020, 10:40:19 PM
Yes. You know what the "Taskmaster series 10" thread is for, right?

Yes, it became a general thread for talking about Taskmaster before it was split off. And again, I put it in spoilers, why the fuck would you click it if you haven't watched the episode? And I even purposely
Spoiler alert
didn't put who the appearance was from
[close]
, so even if you did click it like an idiot it wasn't spoiled.

Old Thrashbarg

I don't think anyone was complaining about the spoiler. Just the continuing posts about a completely different version of the show when there's clearly enough interest for a separate thread. Which has now, thankfully, been created.

BeardFaceMan

True enough. But from the tone of that persons post, it felt more about being angry about the spoiler, because who would react like that to a thread being bumped?

MigraineBoy

The TV listings mags for the week of the final episode are out today & one of them says the winner is...
Spoiler alert
such a closely run thing that it's decided by the final task of the series
[close]

Also - Johnny wanted to be a Jedi Knight but they couldn't get the clearance, so he ended up with a Peaky Blinder inspired get-up instead.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 02, 2020, 11:04:37 PM
True enough. But from the tone of that persons post, it felt more about being angry about the spoiler, because who would react like that to a thread being bumped?

Nope, just annoyed about the thread getting clogged up with discussions about different series despite numerous pleas to start a new one.

Spode

Everyone rubbish at all the tasks again is it.

ElTwopo

This acting task is absolute dogshit

I think we've found a worse task than the dance to a ringtone one from series 4.

Pete23

I love this show but this is appalling.