Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:44:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 10

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 25, 2020, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spode

Unless the reveal is that another task was create the most boring 20 minutes in taskmaster history, what has all this been for? Dire. Cemented it's place as my least favourite series

Christ, that acting task was interminable. 

Gambrinus

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on December 03, 2020, 09:52:56 PM
Christ, that acting task was interminable.

I'm glad it's not just me that thought so.

Ja'moke

That acting task takes the cake for the worst task ever. You could tell Greg knew it was shite.

Purple Toupee

I think the acting task would have been almost passable if it had just been one clip rather than three, but that went on forever. Taskmaster is way better than 'bad accents lol', amazed that made the cut.

Thought the prize task was better tonight though and I enjoyed the traditional 'don't touch the red green' task.

Norton Canes

Shit task but I was still laughing through most of it.

It's been a good series but I think that might've been the worst ever episode.

selectivememory

Think Greg saved this episode, though I didn't hate it as much as some people did. The acting task was a bizarre misfire though. Weirdly happy that Richard didn't lose Histor, though I'm still hoping that Daisy wins the series.

BritishHobo

EDIT: IGNORE  FUCKING IDIOT CAN'T READ

BritishHobo

Also surprised to be so out of sync with you all, I thought this was one of the funniest episodes in a long while. I can definitely understand that the acting task seemed properly un-Taskmaster, but god it still made me laugh.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 03, 2020, 11:02:17 PM
Also surprised to be so out of sync with you all, I thought this was one of the funniest episodes in a long while. I can definitely understand that the acting task seemed properly un-Taskmaster, but god it still made me laugh.

I'm with you. Despite its apparent crapness, I was laughing throughout.

vainsharpdad

I look forward to the inevitable 'Man Wanking in Bush' podcast.

Utter Shit

Quote from: vainsharpdad on December 03, 2020, 11:24:55 PM
I look forward to the inevitable 'Man Wanking in Bush' podcast.

I feel like Herring would have arrived at this idea eventually regardless of whether he took part in that task.

The Roofdog

I was glad they all got disqualified from that cup task because the cup ends up nowhere near full if you have to tilt it to like 60% before you put liquid in it does it

gilbertharding

Quote from: The Roofdog on December 04, 2020, 02:28:19 PM
I was glad they all got disqualified from that cup task because the cup ends up nowhere near full if you have to tilt it to like 60% before you put liquid in it does it

Only had to be overflowing, didn't it?

JamesTC

The acting task is worth it for Richard acting against himself. He's had loads of practice on that Scottish accent.

vainsharpdad

This was Richard's strongest episode - I think they sometimes save up good performances to make one at times.

Captain Z

Wings! Like a bird's wings!

I thought the acting task was fine and justified the three separate clips by building to Richard's impressive performance.

kidsick5000

Virgo76

Funny episode. Definitely enjoyed the acting task too.

Rich did a watch-along on Twitch last night.  Did anyone watch and did he say owt of interest?

Laughed a lot at Richard's lost girl face in the final task.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm afraid on the "Fucking hell that was weak" side of things, the prize task and the studio tasks were surprisingly good for once, but I was really struggling with the filmed tasks, and only Richard acting against himself raised a smile, the rest of it was pretty tedious.

jobotic

the prize task was good?

Good to see Histor, but chips and a sanitary towel? Nice one

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: jobotic on December 05, 2020, 02:40:39 PM
the prize task was good?

Good to see Histor, but chips and a sanitary towel? Nice one

I guess what I meant was that it made me laugh due to their rubbish efforts, as seems to be the case in every episode this series.

WhoMe

This is the first season I've properly watched, and even if some tasks are a bit naff it's fun watching them piss around and have a good time. The edit with Katherine's failed attempt at the script came out like some Lynchian fever dream. She's great, and I love that the free spirited feel of the show allows stuff like that to happen.

WhoMe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 05, 2020, 04:00:56 PM
I guess what I meant was that it made me laugh due to their rubbish efforts, as seems to be the case in every episode this series.

Yes, and Greg's open disdain towards them all.

Lord Mandrake

Katherine Parkinson is a major downer for me, not in the spirit of TM. At least Baddiel tried. She's way too self conscious and her 'charachter' doesn't work here. Daisy and Johnny carrying the whole series.

vainsharpdad

I think Katherine is genuinely batshit. It's Daisy I dislike - so aggressive.

DrGreggles

I don't dislike anyone this series.
In fact, across the entire run, I could count the contestants I didn't like on one hand. There's been a few occasions where I ended up liking someone I thought I'd hate too.

In conclusion, out of 50 contestants, they're got a bloody good hit rate.