Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:37:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 10

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 25, 2020, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I heard about that, it really does seem like US viewers have no interest in the show (perhaps having been put off by the Reggie Watts version), though it wasn't like there was a great deal of other new things to watch that night which makes it rather bleak.

Bad Ambassador

The obvious mistakes were an apparent total lack of promotion, putting on the wrong channel and starting with the wrong series. Aside from that, though...

notjosh

Honestly struggle to see a US audience sitting down to watch Taskmaster at the best of times, but with the Series 8 line-up? No chance.

Bad Ambassador

Should have been on something like FXX and started from S1, but the point was CW wanted some popular imports for prime-time slots. God knows what they thought they were doing.

BeardFaceMan

A US audience is never going to watch a show starring 7 comedians they've never heard of.

notjosh

Just got this e-mail, looks like they'll be doing (bespoke) canned laughter for series 10:

QuoteOn Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd September, we'll be hosting exclusive screenings of the new series at The Curzon Cinema, Soho. Episodes 3 - 10 from Series 10 will be screened in their entirety, and we'd love you to join us.

The episodes will be screened on these dates and times:

TUESDAY 1st SEPTEMBER
12pm - Episodes 3 & 4
2.45pm - Episodes 5 & 6

WEDNESDAY 2nd SEPTEMBER
11am - Episodes 7 & 8
2pm - Episodes 9 & 10

We need to let you know that we'll also be recording your reaction to the series (just audio so don't worry, no need to put your glad rags on) so if you don't want to be recorded this probably isn't for you.

Each screening should take approximately 2 hours. We would ask you to arrive 90 minutes before the start time, so that we have plenty of time to do all of the necessary checks and get you seated comfortably. The events will of course take place in a COVID-19 safe, socially distanced environment and we'll be adhering to all rules and regulations in place. Please do bring a face covering/mask, you will be required to wear this in the cinema.

As seating is limited in the venue, there is a chance we may be over-subscribed and have to turn people away. We'd like to avoid that of course, so please only accept the invitation if you are sure you can attend. You can sign up for more than one slot but please do show up for all of them.

Your task now is to sign up to attend! Your time starts now...

THE CURZON CINEMA, SOHO
99 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 5DY

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Just posting to add my support for ollibean and his Johnny Vegas antipathy. He's the second least funny cunt to come out of St. Helens ( difficult one to word, that. He takes second place in the " Unfunniest Cunt From St.Helens " stakes, basically). Yes, keep ranting away Johnny,  your broad accent makes what you're saying all the funnier.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: notjosh on August 28, 2020, 05:13:36 PM
Just got this e-mail, looks like they'll be doing (bespoke) canned laughter for series 10:

I got that too, in non-covid times I'd be tempted but I'm not risking going to the cinema right now.

BeardFaceMan

Looks like Channel 4 spent more cash on that trailer than Dave did for the entire series, I can see why they left.

sevendaughters

my Canadian pals on Twitter talk about TM in quasi-reverential tones. In fact it was them that convinced me it wasn't just some gobshite panel show shit and that I should actually watch it (and I have, and I like it).

MigraineBoy

On the latest New World Order Frankie Boyle mentioned he watched the show with his kids over lockdown as "I was thinking of doing Taskmaster".

BeardFaceMan

Any mention of who the contestants are yet?

Puce Moment

Boyle on Taskmaster would be a massive curveball. Surely he'd be even less bothered than Jo Brand, although I guess he would be funny in his cynicism?

The Lurker

Series starts on October 15th. One day after my birthday, if you're interested*

*You definitely aren't.

MigraineBoy

First 3 eps of Series 11 were aired at The Curzon today.  Audience signed NDAs so no word who the line-up is.  One attendee on Reddit said "someone a lot of people keep asking*" for is in the five & she was sad Tom Allen & John Robins weren't included...then she was shouted down by other attendees & deleted the post.

I'm delighted John Robins isn't included.

Danger Man

Richard Herring obviously hasn't signed an NDA

Ja'moke

Someone on Reddit who claims to have been at the screening said the line-up was: Richard Ayoade, Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock, Fern Brady, and Dane Baptiste. Not sure if I believe it, though. The thread has since been deleted.

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 03, 2020, 02:37:47 PM
Someone on Reddit who claims to have been at the screening said the line-up was: Richard Ayoade, Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock, Fern Brady, and Dane Baptiste. Not sure if I believe it, though. The thread has since been deleted.

Cracking line up if that turns out to be true. Sean Lock would be one of my first choices for this.

BeardFaceMan

Yes, I've been wanting Sean Lock on this for a while too, I think he's a natural fit for it.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on October 03, 2020, 02:55:30 PM
Cracking line up if that turns out to be true. Sean Lock would be one of my first choices for this.

Does he still sound like The Smoking Man from The X Files?  I know it's probably some orrible medical condition, but it does make every funny line he says sound like his painful last words.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 03, 2020, 02:37:47 PM

Not that it means anything, but that breaks the two women, three men rule. Replace Jimmy Carr with, well, anyone female and you've got a cracking line up, though my preference would be for Danielle Ward, Olga Koch or Bridget Christie.

BeardFaceMan

I think that's going to be the only problem with the C4 version of this show, because it's a bigger channel with a bigger audience they are going to want more recognizable names so the lesser known or up and coming comedians won't get much of a shout.

Andy147

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 03, 2020, 03:02:12 PM
Not that it means anything, but that breaks the two women, three men rule. Replace Jimmy Carr with, well, anyone female and you've got a cracking line up, though my preference would be for Danielle Ward, Olga Koch or Bridget Christie.

They broke the rule in Series 9 with three women (Jo Brand, Katie Wix & Rose Matafeo) - not sure if that means they're more or less likely to go back to having four men like the first 3 series.

I actually don't mind Jimmy Carr, but I don't think I'd enjoy him being on Taskmaster... can imagine him being quite decent on the filmed tasks but annoying in the studio.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Andy147 on October 03, 2020, 03:43:41 PM
I actually don't mind Jimmy Carr, but I don't think I'd enjoy him being on Taskmaster... can imagine him being quite decent on the filmed tasks but annoying in the studio.

Frankly I'll find it disconcerting seeing him do tasks, especially the outdoor ones.  It'll be like the last third of Magic with Anthony Hopkins.

MigraineBoy

That Ayoade/Carr line-up was shouted down as bullshit by people in attendance.  However one of them posted that the surname of every s11 contestant can be found in:

ACDEHIKLMNORTWXZ

DrGreggles

Quote from: MigraineBoy on October 03, 2020, 06:40:22 PM
However one of them posted that the surname of every s11 contestant can be found in:

ACDEHIKLMNORTWXZ

CORDEN
MILLICAN
NORTON
LITTLE
HITLER

MigraineBoy

The X & Z are the most intriguing - Wax? Izzard?